Vrs 230..

Hatch..as Uk andrest of Europe probably get more of these in general to here in Ireland was looking for a)feedback as to how they live up to real world dring from exonomy to performance..and b)as there are only 4 colour choices what is best for future valuation..i personally have warmed greatly to the meteor grey..but very little info on the web and very few of these cars here in Ireland...opinions from the wider skoda world please.:)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have test driven the RS230. Performance is ok. Fuel economy is better than a Focus ST (current model). Not too different from a Octavia RS (220hp). The difference is exhaust, 10 hp (almost not noticeable), front differential (grips better), Leather seats, Amundsen Navi.19 inch wheels.. So not so different. But you get a lot of kit for not too much £.

It handles well. A bit noisy inside. Some road noise, and you can hear a louder exhaust system. Mostly if you have passengers in the back.. Though I mostly ride alone, so it was not a dealbreaker for me.. :)

I think I have seen every video on YouTube on this car. Will reccomend the following:

Autogefüh RS230:

Autogefühl diesel RS:

Autogefühl petrol RS:

These are really good reviews. Listen to him.

Some interesting on the RS230, the sound and performance:

Automann TV

On these 2 you can almost feel how it is.. Turn up the volume!!

Sorry for my bad english. But hope this helps you on the way. A test drive of a normal RS would be wise if you cant get hold of a 230.

Edited by KjetilRos
  • Like 1

Thanks all..i currently have a mk3.vrs diesel..so i am familiar with the model..just not familiar with the petrol or the extra 50hp..and better spec....nothing wrong by the way on the diesel just am now doing very low mileage less 10000km a year..so petrol 230vrs looking attractive to me ..just the colour options are a little poor imho..Black looks great but hard to keep clean..White seems to be a trendy colour at the moment ..red im not pushed on..and meteor grey especially with black spoiler and roof looks unusual and has grown on me..but most ive shown go yuk???i suppose its a prrsonal choice but dont want to think of a colour that will be difficult to sell in 3-4years.

I did not like the other colours. So I went the black. I have had a lot of black cars. Meteor grey is OK. In some light conditions it seems a bit dull. But I think its will be popular. More than the white, which is a bit hot these days. Black is the safe option. Bit boring, like me.

Edited by KjetilRos
  • Like 1

Sadly in Norway we could not get grey stitched seats. Only red. But Autogefuhl had grey in his 230.

Great car, but a bit sad with the roadnoise. I currently drive an Audi A6 Allroad. But unfair to compare roadnoise between the two. But loud in the Skoda. But it made me smile the hours I had it. Great fun. I have done some rallying in the past. So I know when a car feels good. And this was one them cars.

Hope you get to test one before you decide.

• Like 2

I've covered just under 5000 miles in my estate version.

Can be a bit noisy and not overly easy to hear back seat passengers (a bonus if they are complaining children). 

Economy is not great, on a long quick run just about 40mpg, locally low 30's (local roads do tend to involve hills and fast slow fast sections). As I didn't buy it for economy I'm not bothered. 

Comfort is okay, not as good as previous non Skoda's I've owned. 

Colour is a very personal thing. I would have preferred different colour to those available, however went for white. Having parked next to a meteor grey version, I'm very glad I didn't go for that (it looks awful on an estate to my eyes, the dealer also advised against it, saying it was a very unpopular choice of colour on new sales, even more so second hand.   

• Like 2

In my opinion, meteor grey makes the VRS, it's a very popular colour across many other brands, if slightly different shades. Saw an RS6 (dream car!) in a very similar shade, and looks the business. It must be a marmite type colour, but in my eyes is the only choice for me. I have a 230 ordered in meteor, would have still chosen the same colour if went for the 220. Coupled with the Black Pack, a no brainer. Choose what you prefer, why play safe, spend a load of money on a car of your choice, not somebody else's.

• Like 1

wk230,  

i wonder what that same salesperson will say to a prospective buyer when the dealership has a Meteor Grey car / estate in and they are selling it as a Skoda Approved Used Car.

Sounds like the 'rare as hens teeth and these are very much in demand' will not be their sales patter.

• Like 1

Skoda UK put up a new brochure (dated April) on Friday which included the VRS 230. But the brochure was removed few hours later, so if it becomes a regular model then not going to be as rare. It had a list of about 10 features regular 220 didn't, 20 inch wheels instead of 19 inch etc.

There was a new brochure for every model in range so probably changed the prices. Must have realised an error to have removed it later.

Edited by SurreyJohn

wk230,  

i wonder what that same salesperson will say to a prospective buyer when the dealership has a Meteor Grey car / estate in and they are selling it as a Skoda Approved Used Car.

Sounds like the 'rare as hens teeth and these are very much in demand' will not be their sales patter.

Who knows, but given he said about the colour before I had mentioned a preference I suspect he wouldn't be using those comments. As they didn't have any stock versions across the group he was also not trying to push me towards a particular colour. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hatch..as Uk andrest of Europe probably get more of these in general to here in Ireland was looking for a)feedback as to how they live up to real world dring from exonomy to performance..and b)as there are only 4 colour choices what is best for future valuation..i personally have warmed greatly to the meteor grey..but very little info on the web and very few of these cars here in Ireland...opinions from the wider skoda world please. :)

Hi Dubhman284. 

The RS 230 press car is a meteor grey hatch.I'll be going for a test drive in it this wednesday.  Regards David

Edited by Daveclar
  • Like 2

Looks the business Matt. Very nice.

I would have the red or white. Black is my colour of choice but I think they're too black with the pack added. And I'm not keen on the primer, sorry Meteor grey.

Can't understand why we can't choose any colour in any Skoda range. Not as if they do a run of one colour anymore. It's one car one colour, next another etc. I like my Rallye Green but not available on 230. So would have to be the Red. I like standing out not blending in

• Like 2

You must be colour blind, or simply have no taste?! Lol...;-)

Haha, I would think the latter! It's just never appealed. Might not have been helped by the fact the first car I saw it on was a Fabia estate.

I do agree with what Decuk is hinting at, if this is a special edition they should have some special colours. Perhaps even a colour you can't get the standard vRS in.

Edited by HeavyMetalRich
  • Like 1

Will reccomend the following:

[Autogefühl reviews]

These are really good reviews. Listen to him.

I would second this - especially for anyone looking to buy a new car and who wants an in-depth assessment. His reviews are forensic in their detail and extremely good.

• Like 1