The 220ps experiences, questions & answers thread

Hi, my dealer said the 280 was being replaced by a new 272 at the end of August so I could order that late summer but this was outside of my price/BIK range so I couldn't consider it. Also that would delay my new car which I need by August.

He said that the 1.4 petrol had also gone to be replaced with the new 1.5 150 petrol in October but that could mean my car may not arrive till Christmas or the New Year.

The 190 4x4 diesel was still technically available but he said it had already been removed on other Skoda models so he expected the same on the Superb any time soon.

Looking at stock options at the moment and may test drive a 150 TDI 7 Speed which is the only engine option available to order at the moment, so i'm being told.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread hasn't really been going that long and now it's going to end? What a shame. This 220ps mill is a terrific motor. I just filled up with Momentum99. It's now 131.9p/ltr. A bit of a shock when you're only buying a tank a month. I got 36.6 mpg out of my last tank at the end of the Berlin trip. Considering how often I was doing the ton and that I had the air con on constantly, I'm happy with that.

I switched up my PedalBox a notch from City+2 to City+3 while on holiday. But, now I'm back in London, it's too sensitive. I'm knocked it back to City+2. I've never even tried the Sport settings. The main reason for buying the PedalBox was to overcome the throttle lag, which it did nicely.

This is a great car.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 13:35, Jimbo_Jet said:

Looking at stock options at the moment and may test drive a 150 TDI 7 Speed which is the only engine option available to order at the moment, so i'm being told.

Good engine if you need Diesel.  It's what we have, and it is actually a bit better responding to input from the loud pedal than the 190 TDI we test drove.

If I had the option, I would have still ordered a 220 or 280 though :) 

I agree this is a great car if they were all built well and main dealers would have the inclination and ability to resolve issues.

Mines in the dealer next week...

Roof lining out to sort rattling sunroof and creaking trim.

Possible excessive brake disc corrosion.

Drivers door trim to remove to investigate rattling glass and something fouling the glass when opening the window.

And with only 9000 miles on clock starting to see fine oil residues on the engine head.

Thank god it has a warranty. 

My friends like the car as it looks smart has plenty of toys with acres of space. None would buy one. Seeing the early onset of rust and how things are coming loose so soon makes keeps them away.

On 5/31/2018 at 16:12, Whenwillilearn said:

Drivers door trim to remove to investigate rattling glass and something fouling the glass when opening the window.

Lmk if they find out what's fouling drivers side window. Mines going on for that in 2 weeks. 2k miles on it

On 31/05/2018 at 12:15, hwr1983 said:

Good engine if you need Diesel.  It's what we have, and it is actually a bit better responding to input from the loud pedal than the 190 TDI we test drove.

If I had the option, I would have still ordered a 220 or 280 though :) 

Did consider the diesel but had my heart set on a 220 TSI. Thankfully however my dealer has managed to locate a stock 220 Sportline for me with 90% of the options I wanted so have decided to go for that. Understand it won't be for everyone but got a Dragon Skin Sportline which is what I really wanted! (Spent 3 months convincing myself I'm brave enough for the colour!)

When he searched all the new 220's Skoda UK had in stock only 14 came up on his search, and only one of which was Dragon Skin. So it's likely I've got one of the very last  Dragon Skin 220's in the country. Made up :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

Nice work @Jimbo_Jet :thumbup:

For me, Dragon skin green is like Belgium; I love to visit but couldn’t live there :)

Hahahahhah! ;) Waiting to hear but believe it's 'At Port' currently, have been advised 4 weeks so expect to get it in July sometime. Can't wait!

• Like 1

On 30/05/2018 at 20:55, freelunch said:

I switched up my PedalBox a notch from City+2 to City+3 while on holiday. But, now I'm back in London, it's too sensitive. I'm knocked it back to City+2. I've never even tried the Sport settings. The main reason for buying the PedalBox was to overcome the throttle lag, which it did nicely.

I've read a few things on here about the pedal box, do you possibly have a link to the one you bought please @freelunch? Also, are they detectable and easily removed for servicing as my 220 will be a 3 year lease business car?

Many thanks. 

@Jimbo_Jet  https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/product/dtuk-pedal-box-plus-8700/

Well, I always try to make things more difficult for myself, but yes, they are easily installed/removed. I left mine in place for my only service and it was not mentioned. It is out of sight, unless you're looking for it. There are links on this site if you search. Most concern has been about insurance companies.

On 05/06/2018 at 16:01, Jimbo_Jet said:

When he searched all the new 220's Skoda UK had in stock only 14 came up on his search, and only one of which was Dragon Skin. So it's likely I've got one of the very last  Dragon Skin 220's in the country. Made up :)

Dragon green will be awesome.. when do you get it?

Cheers! Hoping I haven't made a mistake with the colour as have still never seen one in the flesh :/ Hoping to get it in  August. Will be brought up from the port this month but have to wait for my existing Golf to go back in August then swap over.

16 hours ago, Rizmod said:

An alternative to the dtuk pedal box is the Racechip XLR:

https://www.racechip.co.uk/throttle-tuning/xlr.html

Lots of positive reviews on this forum, including me on my 220.  Makes a real difference.

Cheers, going to look in to this once the engine is well and truly run in. Maybe after 1000 miles?

It doesn't necessarily make you rev any harder.  On the lower settings it just completely removes the pause when you put your foot down and makes it like a traditional throttle cable. You can increase the throttle response further but, if you go too far, it just causes wheel spin in the front when pulling away.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my 220bhp a few weeks now and have just over 600 miles on it.. so thought I would start to open it up a bit.. Goes really well.. I think it's slightly lack lustre in 3rd but then gives you a good thump of torque when it changes into 4th and pull pulls like a train.. just wants to keep on going.. 

• 6 months later...
16 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

502 for fixed intervals and 504 for dynamic interval. 

What is the difference between fixed and dynamic interval? And how many liters do I need to buy? Also, what is the part number for the oil filter?

3 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

Fixed is yearly and around 10k miles iirc. The other one the car will tell you. No part number, just get whatever oils meet the spec. Skoda recommend Castrol I think so Edge full synthetic

Thanks, as for the part number I meant not the oil, but the oil filter