Rear seats

dodger21

When folding the rear seats my middle one doesn't go fully upright catching on the centre console,is this normal as all pictures I have seen show them to be all in line.

Once you have folded the back down give it another hard press and it will go down further, and will then stand up more upright.

Not recommended to leave it like that for too long, especially with leather.

Edited by Llanigraham

Press it down firmly while holding down the release lever then let the lever go, the headrest must be removed from the centre seat when folding them forward.

I had the same problem, so took the centre seat out, not very intuitive. Read in the manual afterwards about what was required. For some things reading the manual is understandable but come on, for folding the rear seats!

They are the one aspect of the Yeti I don't like and expect to be changed on its replacement.

It would be a real shame if they're not carried over into the new model. They're so versatile.

Went on holiday last week with 2 up front and child seat in the back. The other 2 rear seats were set bolt upright and the side seat slid forward so we could fit loads more luggage in.

I think it would be a mistake for Skoda to drop them.

It would be a real shame if they're not carried over into the new model. They're so versatile.

Went on holiday last week with 2 up front and child seat in the back. The other 2 rear seats were set bolt upright and the side seat slid forward so we could fit loads more luggage in.

I think it would be a mistake for Skoda to drop them.

They are versatile, but not as quick and easy to fold as in an estate and other SUV's. And having to secure them with a bungee type cord is a bit Heath Robinson.

And as for removing them, I think Health & Safety will kill them off. I'm still fairly strong at 62 but still found removing the centre one a bit of a struggle, given that you are leaning over and lifting a heavy weight, and the outer ones are even heavier. Give that many of the existing Yetis are owned by the more mature owner I wouldn't be surprised if many owners find them lacking for ease of use?

The replacement Yeti will be targetted I guess at younger owners, and females in particular, will want a more user friendly design. I'd lay money on the existing design being dropped.

What system is used in the new SEAT?

What system is used in the new SEAT?

It's not clear in any of the pictures that I've seen but don't worry I'm sure you'll be able to find fault with them. :giggle:

Fred

• Like 3

Fred - there's a difference between finding fault and constructive criticism you know!

I take it you find then absolutely fine, how's the hernia! :D

Joking apart, in industry, they'd probably fall foul of the Manual Handling Regulations!

Edited by VAGCF

But you are not forced to lean inside and lift it out; there are other ways.

I unclipped mine, slid it into the boot and took it out via the hatchback.

All part of the "Risk Assessment"!

That's certainly my plan for next time, though whatever you do there's still an element of leaning over and lifting to slide it back and lift out of the boot.

And you've still got to manhandle them back into position.

As said, I don't think we'll see there like again.

I've had the seats out twice in the last week so I can use it as a van to pick up heavy DIY materials and find it VERY useful.
I do not struggle with getting the seats out (the centre just tips to the door before lifting)  and find that when reinstalling they engage into position and lock easily.

And that's with having a bad back for most of my life and much nearer 70 than 60.

• Like 3

If you can manhandle that vast motorbike I suspect you're fitter than most-is it one of those gigantic H_D baggers?

It is, to give it it's full title Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic. 430kg without any thing on but a LOT more with fuel,  me, Mrs U and camping gear for a fortnight on.

But it's only a handful until up to about 5 mph and is a lot more sprightly when on the move. I have had 5 days on it at Cadwell Park race circuit and the low down grunt from 1600 cc catches out lots of the lighter sports bikes :devil:

P1020291%202_zpsj8v17wdz.jpg

Edited by Urrell

I've had the seats out twice in the last week so I can use it as a van to pick up heavy DIY materials and find it VERY useful.

I do not struggle with getting the seats out (the centre just tips to the door before lifting)  and find that when reinstalling they engage into position and lock easily.

And that's with having a bad back for most of my life and much nearer 70 than 60.

Make use of them whilst you can!

I see the new SEAT has sliding, 60/40 folding seats (i.e. the norm), which fold via a lever in the boot. Problem is though there is a step between the boot floor and the seats. I'm speculating that the new Skodas will have similar.

Oh no, I've just found a fault with them! :D  No, was mentioned in the review, phew! :notme:

Removing heavy seats?

After twenty plus years of moving seats in and out of two seven seater Espaces, I thought moving the seats

on my 'en route' Yeti would be kinder to my ageing joints.

Seems the joke may be on me!!

Don't fall off or let the bike drop as you will need help to get it back on it's wheels possibly a crane!

It is, to give it it's full title Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic. 430kg without any thing on but a LOT more with fuel,  me, Mrs U and camping gear for a fortnight on.

But it's only a handful until up to about 5 mph and is a lot more sprightly when on the move. I have had 5 days on it at Cadwell Park race circuit and the low down grunt from 1600 cc catches out lots of the lighter sports bikes :devil:

P1020291%202_zpsj8v17wdz.jpg

Don't fall off or let the bike drop as you will need help to get it back on it's wheels possibly a crane!

I dropped it 3 times in one day at Cadwell Park practising "U" turns, no damage if slow as it lays on the "crash bars".

I can lift it, adrenalin helps :ph34r:

But it normally takes 3.

On balance I would certainly prefer not to lose the current seat arrangement, but do see that some can struggle with them. That said, the arrangement in some other people carriers is better. As said, I suspect H&S will kill them off and we will get a variation of what's in the new Seat and latest Tiguan. I think we all know by now that Skoda have decided to go 'mainstream' with the new Yeti - a decision that I think many of the current demographic will regret. I digress.

When moving stuff too and from the boat/tip a few times a year the 'van conversion' is really handy and one of the reasons I chose a Yeti. I wish for the extra few quid the folding front passenger seat was standard (wasn't going to pay extra for it though) as load length tends to be the greater challenge than overall capacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I love the flexibility of the rear seats and the ability to remove, to give you that extra space in the boot, like others fear this design may go in the next model. Agree folding up the middle seat is a pain, but this could be designed out by reducing the the center console length slightly at the back.I find I have to kneel on it to squash it down.

Whilst still early days everything you read hear about the potential Yeti II, its puts me off it, as everything I love about my current Yeti will go, I love the square shape and particularly the square back, removable seats etc, the appeal of a Yeti is that it is different to all other car on the mark, by making it a clone of the Ateca you may win sales from a new younger customer base, but clearly risk alienating your current customer (fan) base.

• Like 1