Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo body kit

I have noticed that Skoda do a Rapid Monte Carlo in both space back and larger hatch back. Does anyone know if the body kit would be available to have retro fitted by Skoda to my Rapid sport. The side skirts are practically non excistant from what I can see in the pics but the rear splitter looks really nice. I've been looking on the web at body kits and they only come non painted and you would have to get it fitted so maybe not really worth it. If I could ask Skoda to fit it then that seems more convenient.

Agree it looks good, but experiences on here of asking Skoda dealers to modify cars aren't always good.

Wasn't yours one of the dealer-fit spring kits that was suspected of being done wrong?

Highly likely the dealer would sub-contract bodywork and painting anyway I would think.

Does look good. I was looking into this when I had mine. The only splitters I could see were from Maxton design or DTM which you could leave black. Cost was good too. That's as far as I got. I've never yet seen an MC Rapid in a dealer or on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered my Spaceback 3 weeks ago and asked for the Monte Carlo kit on it, they said the factory would not fit it but that they would try to get the parts in to do it, at the time they were unable to get part numbers for the splitters or skirts, but they were able to get me the black grille.

I did some digging and found the part numbers for the skirts and splitters, once I gave the dealer the part numbers they gave me prices, needless to say its cheaper and prob alot quicker to get it from SuperSkoda than from the dealer lol. 

There is a bit more to the front splitter than it looks, its not just stick on, almost looks like old bumper under tray come off and the new one goes on with splitter attached. The rear I think its just the difuser in the bumper. 

Even from SuperSkoda it is quite dear though, ive decided to hold off on it, for a while at least, happy enough that I at least got the black grille.

• Like 1

I ordered my Spaceback 3 weeks ago and asked for the Monte Carlo kit on it, they said the factory would not fit it but that they would try to get the parts in to do it, at the time they were unable to get part numbers for the splitters or skirts, but they were able to get me the black grille.

I did some digging and found the part numbers for the skirts and splitters, once I gave the dealer the part numbers they gave me prices, needless to say its cheaper and prob alot quicker to get it from SuperSkoda than from the dealer lol. 

There is a bit more to the front splitter than it looks, its not just stick on, almost looks like old bumper under tray come off and the new one goes on with splitter attached. The rear I think its just the difuser in the bumper. 

Even from SuperSkoda it is quite dear though, ive decided to hold off on it, for a while at least, happy enough that I at least got the black grille.

Thanks for this, can you give me the part numbers and if you don't mind telling me, how much did they quote? I may do it in small chunks and I imagine the bits won't need painting as I think they are just universally black, which suits all colours.

From memory and part data on super skoda, front is 5JA807795CF9R, dealer quoted about 260 +VAT, super skoda is 369 euro.

Skirts were not so bad I think they were 160ish +VAT, super skoda is 229 euro. I have the part numbers for the skirts scribbled down on a bit of paper in work, I will try find it and post them. 

The rear I was looking at was for a Spaceback so would be no good to you anyway. 

Thanks very much, can't believe the price of the front splitter!! The side skirts are reasonable and I'd be greatful if you could get the part number. I'm assuming the side skirts would be the same on the Rapid and the Rapid spaceback.

I should have bought the Maxton one I think... Slowly tweaking a seat Leon cuppa r front splitter and that cost me £45 plus a couple of hours tweaking so far!

Edited by JonBRapid
  • Like 1

I should have bought the Maxton one I think... Slowly tweaking a seat Leon cuppa r front splitter and that cost me £45 plus a couple of hours tweaking so far!

Can we see some photos of the Cupra front splitter fitted? Also, what kind of tweaking is needed?

Edited by harisma23

Can we see some photos of the Cupra front splitter fitted? Also, what kind of tweaking is needed?

Yep I'll take some photos as I do it... so far I've trimmed out the excess plastic in order to make the splitter move in to shape better...Will take some pictures when I finally get round to fitting it!

I'd be interested in seeing some pics too. It's all well and good buying after market kits from maxton and superskoda but you then need to prime them and paint them to a good standard, then work out how to fit them, then fit them to a good standard. Personally I can see me buying the kit £100 cheaper than Skoda do it for and once I've messed it up and probably the car too, taking it to the skip and wishing I hadn't bothered.

• 3 weeks later...
In work on a bank holiday with nothing to do so I decided to tidy my desk, in doing so I found the part numbers for the skirts, I knew I had them scribbled down on a bit of paper somewhere. 

5JA853855 F9R 

5JA853856 F9R

I was quoted £72.96 +VAT each for these by dealer. 

Hope this helps.

In work on a bank holiday with nothing to do so I decided to tidy my desk, in doing so I found the part numbers for the skirts, I knew I had them scribbled down on a bit of paper somewhere. 

5JA853855 F9R 

5JA853856 F9R

I was quoted £72.96 +VAT each for these by dealer. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much, this is great! The Skoda service dept didn't even know that Skoda did a rapid Monte Carlo so without part numbers it could have been hard work.

• Like 1

In my experience Dealer Parts Guys are just too lazy to even go looking in the system properly, as above when I ordered my Spaceback they told me that the only part number they could find was the grille, when I got access to ETKA myself it took me about 2 mins to find the part numbers, the Front Splitter was listed right with the Front Bumper which is also where the Grille is, so they would have had that screen open to get the part number for it. 

Maybe they just didnt want me to have it, who knows. 

I am still trying to decide if I am going to fork out for this kit myself, it is a lot of money for all it is, but it does look bloody awesome! Still another 6 weeks or so till the car arrives anyway so I have time to ponder it.

• Like 1

In my experience Dealer Parts Guys are just too lazy to even go looking in the system properly, as above when I ordered my Spaceback they told me that the only part number they could find was the grille, when I got access to ETKA myself it took me about 2 mins to find the part numbers, the Front Splitter was listed right with the Front Bumper which is also where the Grille is, so they would have had that screen open to get the part number for it. 

Maybe they just didnt want me to have it, who knows. 

I am still trying to decide if I am going to fork out for this kit myself, it is a lot of money for all it is, but it does look bloody awesome! Still another 6 weeks or so till the car arrives anyway so I have time to ponder it.

I guess unless your asking for an air filter, brake pad or car mat, this is out of the ordinary for them. You are right it is expensive and to be honest I'm only really looking to do it to keep my interest in the car for a bit longer. It's either do this or give it back and loose money, either way I'm going to loose money.

Well I had a call from the dealer yesterday afternoon to say that my Spaceback was built and in Transport, should be here in around 3 weeks. So I figured screw it, its now or never, and ordered the Front Splitter and Sideskirts :D  ... my wife is going to go mad, but hey, it will look awesome!

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing how it compares to mine. I still fancy the sideskirts. I guess they are the same sparkly black as the spoiler on the spkrt?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Black Magic Pearl Effect according to ETKA, they do look pretty sparkly yeh lol.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...