Heated seat - Not covered by Skoda Used warranty....

HorneyMX5

On what grounds are they saying they are excluded? I certainly can't see it myself unless they are claiming its damage through kneeling on the seat (or other point pressure of that type).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dbg400 has had a few free replacements.

Yes, but IIRC his was a brand new car, covered by new car warranty, not a used car

I have recently had a driver's seat base element changed under the used car warranty - and was literally on the 11th hour before the expiry.

As expected they did say before they started the work that they would see what the fault was before reporting to the warranty administrator.

I have recently had a driver's seat base element changed under the used car warranty - and was literally on the 11th hour before the expiry.

As expected they did say before they started the work that they would see what the fault was before reporting to the warranty administrator.

This is encouraging, do yo know what the fault was?

My local dealer just flat out refused to look at it. They said the last few they had put forward were rejected so no point in trying unless I wanted to pay for it. 

Some news.

In my rage at my local dealers response yesterday I fired off a stern email to the Skoda Approved Used Warranty complaints email address.

They just rang me at work. They said as long the element was faulty and had not been damaged due to damage to the seat it will be covered and the dealer was talking nonsense. They've put a note on the warranty file that I will be getting it inspected at a dealer and for them to expect a claim submission shortly. 

Happy days!

• Like 1

My mistake - I didn't notice that very subtle difference! :peek:

No worries :)

Glad the OP got a positive response too

Some news.

In my rage at my local dealers response yesterday I fired off a stern email to the Skoda Approved Used Warranty complaints email address.

They just rang me at work. They said as long the element was faulty and had not been damaged due to damage to the seat it will be covered and the dealer was talking nonsense. They've put a note on the warranty file that I will be getting it inspected at a dealer and for them to expect a claim submission shortly.

Happy days!

I would suggest going to a different dealer if possible - I can see the current outfit saying its 'damaged' out of spite just not to be proved wrong.

Some news.

Happy days!

Thats good news!

Ive read that most get damaged (or at least the suspicion is) by people kneeling on the seat to get over to the other side. Kinda understandable.

What a PITA having to avoid kneeling on the seat, considering the real world of ownership most of us live in.

Glad we have no real use for it, just another thing to stuff up IMO.

Thats good news!

Ive read that most get damaged (or at least the suspicion is) by people kneeling on the seat to get over to the other side. Kinda understandable.

what if you have a skinny Bum  :moon:

• 3 weeks later...

To keep this updated for anyone interested.

Ridgeway Skoda in Reading were more than happy to look at it, confirmed the base had a short and the back had too high resistance, they replaced both and it was covered by the warranty. It now heats up much faster and much hotter than it ever has.

They also cured the slow starting issue it's had since I bought it and that my local dealership could not fix.

Ridgeway were super helpful, professional and polite. For once I actually bothered to complete the customer survey, they deserved it. 

• Like 1