Standard Factory Breakdown Equipment Superb Estate 2.0 TDI CRSE 140

I am currently in the process of purchasing ex Uk the above car.

Can some knowledgable member please confirm what standard breakdown equipment was supplied with the above model , namely wheel wrench, towing eye, wheel locking nut , tyre repair kit etc ?

Was a first the aid kit supplied ?

Was an umbrella supplied as standard ?

The model in question ((Nov 2012) is advertised with Columbus Sat Nav, Bluetooth & heated front seats.

Many thanks as ever.

Derrycullen.

Cork.

hi.....fellow Cork man here:)

Sounds like the elegance model, which i bought last year. mine has the 18" alloys, which came with a full alloy as spare. The usual kit comes like the jack, wheel brace, a double sided screwdriver, a black plastic clip/gripper to pull the nut caps off.....and a lock nut for the allows.

The first aid kit wasn't in mine, so not sure it that comes as standard.

The umbrella in the door is a standard supplied item, but chances are the previous owner will have taken it. It you need a replacement (like i did), i bought one from E Tarrent online, €50 delivered. I also bought genuine Skoda mudflaps front and rear from them.

just some items to double check before you buy;

• timing belt and pump
  • shocks....heavy enough car, so make sure they're good.
  • Bluetooth - if you've an apple iphone, there's a good chance it won't connect. Depends on the model of bluetooth kit under the drivers seat. Easily replaced if that is an issue for you. I got a new black box bluetooth kit on ebay for about €60

overall a great car too be fair.

good luck.

John,

This is my 2nd Superb Estate TDI CRSE 140 ex UK & unequivocally the very best car I have EVER driven.

My 1st I bought Sept. 2014 with 84k miles & have sold on as virtually "out of the box" with 128 k miles !

My mileage is mostly UK / motorway with full service history down to the last wiper blade !

Slightly confused as 17" wheels, Elegance 18" as you know but advertised with heated front seats which I thought were on the Elegance only ? Car has 78k miles so have arrangements in place to immediately replace timing belt/water pump etc.

Even with VRT paid on arrival significant saving as against Irish equivalent !

Derrycullen.

Cork

The OP said it was a "CRSE140" which I'm assuming is more likely to mean a "CR140 SE" rather than an Elegance. That would explain the smaller wheels. ;)

A spare wheel would have been an option so as standard it will have come with an inflation kit so no tools. I'm not aware of any Skoda coming with a first aid kit. And as for the umbrella I'm not sure which models it was standard on and even so it may have been kept by the previous owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Forgot to mention...... Even with the inflation kit there would still have been a locking nut and towing eye in the foam insert under the boot floor where the inflation kit is located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed that should have read CR140 SE .

Still somewhat confused with the reference to "heated front seats" !

Obviously this car is unseen until collection so one must rely on the integrity of the advert but would like to have my

" ducks in a row " as to what was /is / verifiable ex Factory spec compliant as per year model before payment .

In this regard I have insisted that a 2nd set of keys be provided.

There is a 12 month warranty but is non applicable once car leaves UK !

By and large have found most UK dealers to be honourable thus far & attempting to consolidate this deduction currently from a distance !

Indeed that should have read CR140 SE .

Still somewhat confused with the reference to "heated front seats" !

Obviously this car is unseen until collection so one must rely on the integrity of the advert but would like to have my

" ducks in a row " as to what was /is / verifiable ex Factory spec compliant as per year model before payment .

In this regard I have insisted that a 2nd set of keys be provided.

There is a 12 month warranty but is non applicable once car leaves UK !

By and large have found most UK dealers to be honourable thus far & attempting to consolidate this deduction currently from a distance !

Ask them if they'll send you an image of the build label with the PR codes for the installed options on it. You can use a tool like http://prsearch.planetvag.com/ to decode them.

The front heated seats could have been added as an option. My elegance has front and rear heated seats.... The original owner obviously speccing the rears as an option.

The front heated seats could have been added as an option. My elegance has front and rear heated seats.... The original owner obviously speccing the rears as an option.

I essence that appears to be one of my outstanding issues/ questions ?

As I am happy that the car is indeed a CR 140 SE (17" rims) & not an Elegance model were heated front seats an extra option on this model ?

Incidentally I have just noted on Bloomberg that a report has appeared whereby all VW owners ( Read VW/ Skoda/ Audi in Europe) in the US affected by the "manipulation / mis representation of emissions "are in line for a $5000 award per vehicle !

Watch this space I suspect. !

This is what the SE got over the S.....

17” ‘Trifid’ alloys

(7.5J x 17” 225/45 R17 94 W/Y)

4 Spoke leather multi-function

steering wheel (for radio)

Acoustic rear parking sensors

‘Alcantara’ upholstery

(‘Alcantara’ inner seat, artificial

leather outer seat)

Aluminium floor plates in boot with

sliding partition tether system

(Estate only)

Boarding spots (under door mirrors)

Chrome Roof Rails (Estate only)

Chrome trim on lower boot

Chrome window surrounds

Cruise control

Decorative metal inserts on

dashboard

Dual-zone air conditioning

Electrically folding door mirrors

(after locking of car)

Front fog lights with cornering

function

Height adjustable front armrest

Interior door handle illumination

Lower grille chrome surround

Manual lumbar support (driver and

passenger seats)

Maxi-dot trip computer

Pollen and dust filter with sensor

Radio ‘Bolero’ 2 DIN touchscreen with

integrated 6CD changer, SD card slot,

aux in socket (can play MP3 recordings)

Small leather pack (steering wheel,

gearknob and gaiter)

Umbrella in rear door compartment

From this I'd say the heated seats and Columbus were added as options. Also looks as though it did have an umbrella originally but it may have been "liberated" at some point. Mine had not got it's umbrella and rather than paying the silly prices for the Skoda umbrella I found that Next did an umbrella of the exact same measurements as the Skoda one but for something like £8.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Surely if this is a car from a UK main dealer it is or has recently been advertised with images?

The heated seats are visible by looking at the interior shot inside the rotary knobs...

01_Climatronic.jpg

Edited by silver1011

Incidentally I have just noted on Bloomberg that a report has appeared whereby all VW owners ( Read VW/ Skoda/ Audi in Europe) in the US affected by the "manipulation / mis representation of emissions "are in line for a $5000 award per vehicle !

Watch this space I suspect. !

That offer is for US customers only, and is being put forward by VW to try and avoid a court case.

That offer is for US customers only, and is being put forward by VW to try and avoid a court case.

Indeed, but the article I have just read online is that VW are expecting that European settlements will match or emulate those of their US counterparts and the markets are suggesting that the VW dividend will be suspended to allow for same ,

Indeed, but the article I have just read online is that VW are expecting that European settlements will match or emulate those of their US counterparts and the markets are suggesting that the VW dividend will be suspended to allow for same ,

There is no chance of the same or even a similar offer being made in Europe, as it would bankrupt VAG. The amount of cars affected in the US is rather small compared to Europe. They have openly stated that this offer will be US only, due to the legal implications/fines in the US. As those fines are unlikely to be anywhere as high in Europe they do not envisage any monetary offers to European customers.