The battery as the new frontier

Ryeman

'If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen'  Or even German Manufacturing,  Or maybe not thankfully.

Even this is well out of date, needs to be a 3 row SUV / EV that does the range they say it will.

So an Atlas, or a Skoda Kodiaq once they sort out VW's & H20 because the 2 are not really compatible.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c0BRGasUUr4

Edited by Offski

Other uses...

Lithium can go up a petrol car too.....

Edited by lol-lol

Where does all the electricity come from to power all these cars? We are supposedly short of power stations now without this added drain of millions of batteries.

Plenty of sunshine in Oz generally and I guess the reduction of polution in the big cities takes priority with remote generation in say Scotland or Wales perhaps

Went the UK motorcycle show on Friday and the Zero stand was mentioning the £1500 or 20% which ever is lower, grant which start in the UK for bikes on 1st January 2017.

http://www.scooterlab.uk/1500-grant-towards-electric-scooters-news/

Hopefully kickstart (pun intended) the electric bike market although the 15% fall in the UK currency since BREXIT vote will eat up most of that I guess, doh ! 

Went the UK motorcycle show on Friday and the Zero stand was mentioning the £1500 or 20% which ever is lower, grant which start in the UK for bikes on 1st January 2017.

http://www.scooterlab.uk/1500-grant-towards-electric-scooters-news/

Hopefully kickstart (pun intended) the electric bike market although the 15% fall in the UK currency since BREXIT vote will eat up most of that I guess, doh !

A silent motorbike......not sure about that.

(OT: £ decline works both ways for us ie son v us)

A silent motorbike......not sure about that.

(OT: £ decline works both ways for us ie son v us)

Just get one of the many noise generator systems that seem to be about.

The one on the Clio RS that you can program the car to sound like a Clio V6 or a Nissan GTR or maybe a Jericho siren to help car driver and pedestrians you are coming along the road.....

......or a bit of plastic a clothes peg and the spokes ))))

A cigarette card and a wooden clothes peg.  Oddly I have a similar noise on my Dacia at the moment with a tie wrap  which is too  long and is securing the fake looks like an alloy wheel cover and it makes a similar noise.  Not as good as a set of Micron expansion chambers or a Akrapovic, Dunstall or Yoshimura exhaust but a darn sight cheaper.    

A cigarette card and a wooden clothes peg.  Oddly I have a similar noise on my Dacia at the moment with a tie wrap  which is too  long and is securing the fake looks like an alloy wheel cover and it makes a similar noise.  Not as good as a set of Micron expansion chambers or a Akrapovic, Dunstall or Yoshimura exhaust but a darn sight cheaper.

.......or the 'volume' control ))