The f***ing fuel filter clips

Hi guys I know it's been covered before however I might need the part number for the fuel line from the fuel filter to the engine as I can't get the clip on the engine side of the filter to release so before I loose my rag with it any help/advice greatly appreciated thanks in advance Si.

Just make sure you don't have any residual pressure in the line preventing the tiny amount of movement that the clip needs to slide in and release.

If you are really stuck, you can get special fuel clip pliers from the likes of machine mart etc that can offer a better purchase. Purchase of the pliers has got to be a better first option than the aggro you will encounter fitting a new fuel line

Oh and be careful with the clips :D  (sorry the joke never seems to get old)

• Like 1

While I've been trying to get said clip off found a reason why it might not come off the filter has not been changed since the car was made back in 2002 why when it's "an easy accesible part" do people not replace them or for that matter th bloody dealers

They look very similar to my Sealey pliers -     http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?x=0&y=0&productdescription=fuel+line+pliers&pageindex=1&gotonode=DoProductSearch&method=mProductSearch&IndividualTypeID=&category=0&requiredresults=16 , so should be ok, unless there is something that the picture does not show.

As far as I know, the petrol models do not list the fuel filter renewal in the service schedule - daft I know, but that is why they are normally such a pig to renew.

Thankfully my fuel filter is now in the engine bay of the Ibiza and it does its job without any of those awkward clips, which apparently do have a tendency to break if you're not careful.

When pressing the little button in it makes it a lot easier if you apply pressure as if you were pushing the fitting on. Then once you have pressed it in it will come straight off. Never had any bother with them.

Ive tried applying pressure I've also used a screwdriver to press the nice little button and used another to lever it off while pressing the bloody button so it's now had another good dosing of 3in1 oil and leave it till tomorrow morning

Ive tried applying pressure I've also used a screwdriver to press the nice little button and used another to lever it off while pressing the bloody button so it's now had another good dosing of 3in1 oil and leave it till tomorrow morning

Is it worth warming up the connectors GENTLY this will make the plastic a bit more pliable and less prone to cracking. A hair drier on a low setting, not a blow torch for hopefully obvious reasons!

Afternoon guys just a update the clip now looks like I've been chewing on it so found a replacement clip and male fitting just need to get some fuel line and see if I can put a new clip and piece of pipe in place to change the filter five min job turns into a weeks bloody headache

I can see where this thread is heading with the clips :wall::giggle:

It has come up in the past alright.. them clips are apparently quite fragile... need minding

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up mac11irl not managed to break it so its all ok at the moment but I need to change the filter since it has not been done ever and the car is now 13yrs old so will order the new items and get it done asap.

• Like 1