How close can i get to this?

Thats just showing off  :devil: ..821.3

I fill mine up and it usually says about 465  then today after some quite leisurely driving filled up and says 510  the most it has ever said tank to tank..

Well, converting this to Irish (i.e. kilometres!) that would be 1295 km. 

That is impressive. I've had my car 9 months and i think the best I have seen so far on the range for my 1.6 td estate is 1,170 (or 727 miles) during a visit to the UK earlier this month, when I got to fill up after driving for hours on the M6 at a nice speed, low rpm's in 6th gear...

I'm guessing you could get pretty close provided you drive the car on exactly the same route, conditions, speed etx that you did for the period before you filled up. That's probably not so easy!

I did get 65.4 mpg once on a 3 hour drive from Sligo to Clare once (again, 6th gear, stuck behind a large lorry on a winding road doing 80kph or so) - i must figure out what range that would have got me. It not too often you can do long drives at constant speeds over here. When i do use one of our motorways I tend to drive too fast for the best economy.

I did manage to show 1023 miles once when I was being really anal but often show 850-880 before reality comes and the fuel gauge starts to move but the usual is 780-850. It usually depends if I can do the motorway mileage after filling up.

ive got that as 774 miles....

Google Maps had it originally at 404 mile one way, just done it again and it's 410 miles one way.

Out of London on A40, M40, M42, M6 Toll, M6, A74M, M74 etc

Personally I usually chicken out well before a quarter of a tank is reached, for some reason I don't like the needle getting near the red bit, which is almost a quarter of a tank. The wife's BMW doesn't have a red bit on the gauge so I'm quite happy to run it really low - silly I know but that's the way it works in my head.

I do wish the Superb 2 had a bigger fuel tank. This is quite an old article now but shows what the 1.6 engine is capable of under the right conditions http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/259

Edited by cnc

60 litre tanks and I have only ever been able to put about 55 ltrs in so even on zero there is 5 ltrs floating about somewhere in there.... :nerd:

Here's my best  695

(was 3 Ft behind an Asda lorry going downhill for about 3 miles)

DSC_0583_zpsbmadszro.jpg

Had to stop playing the game as my Superb was actually making diesel the more economically I drove 

So put it into Sport on the way home to burn some off  :devil:
Notice the lovely outside temp here in Glasgow :sweat:

Edited by DEL80Y

My current tankful has been looking good so far. Highest point was 820 mile range just after filling it up..... Have done 190 miles so far and range showing as 565 miles. :)

Would be great if when you add your best range/mpg - you also specify engine/power as without this info - it's pointless :(

Mine best range - about 650 miles on motorway - roadworks 50 ave cams - 2.0tdi dsg cr estate 4x4 170hp+ - but on average I can only do about 450 miles ;) too heavy right foot ;)

Should be much better - at least 700 I hope ;) when I'll do Europe next month ;)

• Like 1

Would be great if when you add your best range/mpg - you also specify engine/power as without this info - it's pointless :(

Mine best range - about 650 miles on motorway - roadworks 50 ave cams - 2.0tdi dsg cr estate 4x4 170hp+ - but on average I can only do about 450 miles ;) too heavy right foot ;)

Should be much better - at least 700 I hope ;) when I'll do Europe next month ;)

I'll redo my current one again then...... :)

Showed 820 mile range at fill up.... Currently done 190 miles with range showing as 565 miles.

2.0 TDi CR140 DSG............ Although it does say it all in my sig. :D

I usually get around 500 miles+ from a tank and my proper MPG via Spritmonitor is in my sig below.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Jafo its good to know that someone else is only getting about 450 

Mines is only the 140 (Updated my Sig) but is 80% town stop start A-B dont spare the horses kind of driving..... :devil:

I know some of you have some info in the sig :) but it looks like most of us use phones anyway and this info isn't available :(

And I think info about dsg/4x4 is also important ??

Edited by jafo