Superb 3 Hatchback with Gloss Black Vinyl Wrap on roof

As the topic describes, I'm thinking of going for a gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof of my Business Grey hatch.

SWMBO's Fabia with the panoramic roof in Race Blue looked fantastic... As the glass continued from the windscreen to the back of the hatch with a teeny spoiler. So trying to miming the look of an all glass pane from front to back on the Superb... Sort of like an AMG Merc.

I think I remember a member here with a Laser/Candy white hatch having wrapped their roof in black too. But can't find it on the Pic topic. Can anyone upload any pictures?

There's a place in Romford, East London, that's offering to do a roof in gloss black vinyl for £80 all through May only as a special offer... Am seriously tempted but wanted to see it once first and hear some thoughts.

Muchos gracias

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 1

As the topic describes, I'm thinking of going for a gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof of my Business Grey hatch.

SWMBO's Fabia with the panoramic roof in Race Blue looked fantastic... As the glass continued from the windscreen to the back of the hatch with a teeny spoiler. So trying to miming the look of an all glass pane from front to back on the Superb... Sort of like an AMG Merc.

I think I remember a member here with a Laser/Candy white hatch having wrapped their roof in black too. But can't find it on the Pic topic. Can anyone upload any pictures?

There's a place in Romford, East London, that's offering to do a roof in gloss black vinyl for £80 all through May only as a special offer... Am seriously tempted but wanted to see it once first and hear some thoughts.

Muchos gracias

How about going all out and wrap the roof with some nice flowery Laura Ashley wallpaper!!

• Haha 1

Same car, same idea as me... I think it will look fab. Do it. Then share pics :)

For eighty quid you can't go wrong. As long as they're not idiots, should be able to remove it without any issue.

Edited by Kungfugerbil

Here is mine in moon white with avery gloss black roof and mirrors. Also put the stportline trims on the bottom of the doors, debadged and wind deflectors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ii1b5hu3i77xoa/File%2004-05-2016%2C%2018%2018%2014.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j50ibdhc12sjosx/File%2004-05-2016%2C%2018%2019%2001.png?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

Yep it is! Pretty bonkers but each to their own

Not my cup of tea tbh but as you say each to his own, local to where I live there are 2 Bentley's, one is wrapped in Gold and the other is wrapped in what looks like Chrome, they look absolutely revolting but the owners must like them. I shouldn't think for one moment that anyone is likely to steal either of them! 

For eighty quid you can't go wrong. As long as they're not idiots, should be able to remove it without any issue.

It is actually very easy to cut through the lacquer (or even the paint if you are really heavy handed) when the vinyl is cut though, so always go with reputation rather than price, the last thing you want on a new car is the lacquer peeling or rust appearing after a few months!.

This is something I would have considered on a white car, but on Business grey it doesn’t have the same impact (IMO) so won’t bother, obviously you love it though Dilz, which is all that matters  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sad to say, I have had to say goodbye to my Superb.

Circumstances change, and keeping the best car I've ever owned was no longer an option. And I wanted to stay on here as a Freedom member etc, but it just would break my heart reading more and more about the car that I love.

Edited by Gizmo
Please join Freedom if you wish to sell on Briskoda

• 4 months later...

got mine wrapped gloss black last week.

very happy with the end result.

really works well with the color and accents.

5afbd6b6ad97a_shinny04.thumb.jpg.6fda0a33147042ac2cf310c9004c7c6b.jpg

5afbd6be0d664_shinny05.thumb.jpg.b4fe46f59be1f21c96a086cbd02aeed2.jpg

2 hours ago, JR RS said:

got mine wrapped gloss black last week.

very happy with the end result.

really works well with the color and accents.

5afbd6b6ad97a_shinny04.thumb.jpg.6fda0a33147042ac2cf310c9004c7c6b.jpg

5afbd6be0d664_shinny05.thumb.jpg.b4fe46f59be1f21c96a086cbd02aeed2.jpg

Someone's been having fun in that car park.