Nav on bolero

New to the site, but thought I d let you know the AVIC F 260 VAG works a treat on the bolero radio unit. It's a two box install plus the aerial but easy enough once the glove box is out.

You press the menu button for more than two seconds to get the unit to start but it works well and finds its way quickly. You can select one, two or both front speakers to announce on. Also when speeding it warns you of road limit which is a good feature.

Post some pics. Did you install it yourself? Are you using it with Bolero MIB1 or MIB2? Can you select / change navi program?

I've just done a Dynavin install. Not bad not stellar either. I'll give it review shortly, I'm just waiting for a bit of support to sort few things out first.

From the pictures I have seen, it looks like a rebranded version of the Dynavin.

I have the Dynavin, but I am not impressed of it.

From the pictures I have seen, it looks like a rebranded version of the Dynavin.

I have the Dynavin, but I am not impressed of it.

Which Dynavin on which head unit?

In my case it's DVN-IN001MIB with MIB1 Bolero (5.8" / low-res) unit.

Better than pics, could all of you guys above that done these installs post some videos?

Videos are better to evaluate the real world performance and interface, etc.

Yep its an official upgrade through Skoda dealers for £599 including fitting for the Kenwood Nav black box for Bolero radios.

Edited by glosrich

Which Dynavin on which head unit?

In my case it's DVN-IN001MIB with MIB1 Bolero (5.8" / low-res) unit.

I think it is called DVN-IN001VWG and i have the MIB1 Bolero. My car is ex-demo and the Dynavin module was already fitted by the dealer before i tried or bought the car.

I fitted it myself, and a simple install. Removed the CD player in the glove box, and disconnected two cables and then joined the two boxes in. Had to dismantle the side of the car to fit the gps aerial on top of window screen, but easy enough.

The system seems to work ok and this is fitted on a Bolero min 1 with dab.

I will do a video and upload. It's a pioneer unit with navgate firmware... I have just looked at the pioneer navgate Evo that's due out for the octavia 3 which adds Apple play....not sure of the cost of that yet...

I fitted it myself, and a simple install. Removed the CD player in the glove box, and disconnected two cables and then joined the two boxes in. Had to dismantle the side of the car to fit the gps aerial on top of window screen, but easy enough.

The system seems to work ok and this is fitted on a Bolero min 1 with dab.

I will do a video and upload. It's a pioneer unit with navgate firmware... I have just looked at the pioneer navgate Evo that's due out for the octavia 3 which adds Apple play....not sure of the cost of that yet...

Hi mate, do you get navigation directions on the maxi-dot display with this?

I think it is called DVN-IN001VWG and i have the MIB1 Bolero. My car is ex-demo and the Dynavin module was already fitted by the dealer before i tried or bought the car.

I'm curious how it works in your case. I'm experiencing an annoying shift in the displayed image - there are few lines missing on top, and few are "smeared" at the bottom.

See attached pic.

Moreover I can clearly see (and I have also checked it in iGO's SYS.TXT) that the resolution in the software is actually 800x480 and afterwards being scaled down to fit low-res 5.8" MIB1 Bolero LCD (400x240). You can clearly see it on the other pic (error message with unclear text).

I'm guessing that the "shift" I described first may be a side effect of clumsy interpolation I mentioned later.

In my case I put the GPS antenna puck under dashboard, locked on top of a metal beam supporting the dashboard. Works well enough.

Hi mate, do you get navigation directions on the maxi-dot display with this?

All those units only capture/redirect the video/touch signal between head unit to glove box. There is no genuine integration as a navi with the car. You could say car does not know it has navigation unit and there is no data feed to CAN, thus not maxi-dot display.

post-139710-0-63695100-1462949353_thumb.jpg

post-139710-0-16803100-1462949355_thumb.jpg

Moreover I can clearly see (and I have also checked it in iGO's SYS.TXT) that the resolution in the software is actually 800x480 and afterwards being scaled down to fit low-res 5.8" MIB1 Bolero LCD (400x240). You can clearly see it on the other pic (error message with unclear text).

Whoaaaa... that looks... interesting. I would be damn ****ed with it. Have you tried to hack the configuration to force the 400x240 resolution to come from the source?

I have just looked at the pioneer navgate Evo that's due out for the octavia 3 which adds Apple play....not sure of the cost of that yet...

I went to look at the product page and got really excited... until I saw the price - €1200. That is a bit.... expensive.

...with that said, I was throwing my credit card at the screen, so I know already it is just a matter of time until I cave in and buy it.

Sound is one of the most important things for me in a car, so... I know where my next year's bonus is going ;)

Whoaaaa... that looks... interesting. I would be damn ****ed with it. Have you tried to hack the configuration to force the 400x240 resolution to come from the source?

Hack is a big word here ;)

Yes I did, even loaded 400x240 libraries first on it and as you can expect I got a cute, tiny picture occupying 25% of the screen in its left, top corner, rest being black.

Some of those systems (I guess all that can work with MIB1) have a hardware setting of the resolution switch/jumper/cable to cut. What I find odd though is that they don't really change system resolution, but only down-scale/interpolate at the video output. Similar thing like feeding a full-hd signal to a VGA monitor/beamer (the display does the down-scaling calc then).

I went to look at the product page and got really excited... until I saw the price - €1200. That is a bit.... expensive.

...with that said, I was throwing my credit card at the screen, so I know already it is just a matter of time until I cave in and buy it.

Sound is one of the most important things for me in a car, so... I know where my next year's bonus is going ;)

There are many aftermarket systems that could do it and cheaper too.

Anyhow - that was a no-go for me due to Canton system: there is a nice amp that connected with optical cable to head unit - no aftermarket head unit can do that. I had to cover the problem at the early stage of signal processing and add a small speaker (hidden behind the display) to allow parallel navi command output and head unit music playback.

Check my other post for options and solutions I have taken into account:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/389835-octavia-3-navigation-upgrade-options-ideas-thoughts/

Thank you all for posting pics, but once again, could someone kindly post videos of their systems?

I have seen plenty of promo pics, but I want to see how snappy the interfaces are in the real world and how to navigate through options.

Yes, I do know some of these products have promo videos out there, but that is exactly what they are - promotion videos, so they are often manipulated and edited to make things look better than they are :)

• 2 months later...

Just a bump still asking for user videos ;)

I want to see how the interface flows and refreshes in the real world. Most brand promotion videos are either accelerated and/or edited to make the interfaces look more snappy than they really are...