Something for the Weekend...............

I'm getting a bit stalled with my Vrs and I'm anchoring for a Jag.

I've seen this for sale locally, Your thoughts please

post-3385-0-79893600-1462966522_thumb.jpg

07 reg, 4.2 V8 Supercharged,  XK-R    83K on the clock, full service history.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

They had the XK-R on Wheeler Dealers a few years ago and wanted one ever since unfortunately totally impractical for my needs and don't have the space for a weekend car. 

Right, I'm undecided on this,

I'm a bit stalled on the Vrs, I do like the car but it's getting a bit boring to be honest. Do you think a Stage 1 remap by shark might get me to like the car again. 

Can anyone tell me whats the Vrs is like with a Stage one remap, any concerns on the Clutch, Turbo, ?

I'm think perhaps a remap and a STS box

Your thoughts pleae

AG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I'm getting a bit stalled with my Vrs and I'm anchoring for a Jag.

I've seen this for sale locally, Your thoughts please

attachicon.gifp2.jaguar-xkr-petrol-sports.jpg

07 reg, 4.2 V8 Supercharged,  XK-R    83K on the clock, full service history.

Very nice car and well worth a look. Is there an XKR owners club forum? Maybe worth having a look there for any potential problems. An acquaintance has one (although possibly a little older than this) which had issues with its pistons. So worth seeking further info.

Jerry

Do you know of anything to look out for, known problems Coops ?

Thanks

AG

Sorry AG, it was some time ago. I do know that he didn't have any huge repairs or anything like that, any no particular other issues. All in all it was an OK car - did have full service history etc.

Drove an XF 3.0d recently and it was a nice place to be.

The only little thing that would put me off is that I've seen just a few too many sporty Jags in the last week all driven by old men.

• Like 1

Drove an XF 3.0d recently and it was a nice place to be.

The only little thing that would put me off is that I've seen just a few too many sporty Jags in the last week all driven by old men.

Perfectly suited to AG then.

Edited by Coops
  • Like 1

If it's got full FSH - and hopefully main dealer - then why not, if the price is right, and you'll be happy with running costs?

The history should show any non-routine work - pipes, electrics, etc, etc, etc, etc... and there are a couple of Jag forums/fora, one specifically for the XK, so you can quickly find out the good, the bad, and the ugly.