Whats this noise? Should I be worried.

Drive belt doesn't sound happy, I'd get it looked at.

If its a VRS 220, it might be a dodgy water pump, they have an issue with them.

Certainly don't sound to pleasant. The start up whine I get on mine, so assume that's normal.

Mine doesn't make the second whining noise when you rev the engine.

I'd get it booked in asap.

I also get the start up whine for just a few seconds but nothing after that and only when it is a cold start.

Never really noticed it until my son said the car was making a funny noise. Not as noticeable if I let the car idle.

Personally I wouldn't drive it anyway, get Skoda assist out and let them decide if it can be driven to dealer or needs to be recovered.

I have emailed the video over to the dealer. Car goes into the dealer on Tuesday to get the door seals replaced.The noise only lasts for about 30 seconds after that its fine and drives as expected. 

It almost sounds like the starter motor is rasping against the gear ring on the flywheel.  Not good whatever it is  :no:

Gaz

I think it has something to do with the stater motor as well. If I let the car idle for about a minute after it has been sitting a while then there is no noise when I press the accelerator. Car going in on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

I can hear my starter continue to spin for a couple of seconds after it's fired up.  It's been back to Skoda but they are 'unable to replicate fault on test'.  Apparently :think:  Which is a bit odd as it does it nearly every time for me.  I'm reckoning it's weak springing or something fouling the solenoid and slowing its release.  Yours sounds a lot worse than mine, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar issue.

Gaz

I have had the car back a couple of days and the noise has gone (but I will continue to monitor just in case) Anyway as expected they could not replicate the noise as it only happens from cold start up but rather than keep the car over night there technician found a TPI that may have been causing the issue. Change some settings when the car starts from cold and all seems good.