MotoGP 2016/ 17-yamaha fans

lol-lol

Since we still using the MotoGP 2015 thread thought we could do with a bespoke one.

Well conspiracy theories abound.

1. Did Maverick help tow Rossi to pole position?
  2. Is Yahama spending more time on Rossi bike than Lorenzo's as seen by the Lorenzo blow up? 

Pretties bike....

maverick-vinales-desert-island-drives.jp

Edited by lol-lol

Having seen the result, I'd suggest not

Did Rossi spend so long tailing Lorenzo for so long he allowed his bike to overheat in Lorenzo's heat wake.  Marquez did not seam to have such issues getting past on several occasions.

Did Ducati sign the wrong team mate for Lorenzo and have Suzuki got themselves another exiting line up?  I reckon so.

Vinales is great when going b ut needs to sort out his starts as that is a real Achilles.    

Edited by lol-lol

I thought Rossi had it under control, pacing himself ready to attack.

Honda stole the 2006 title the last time the Yams went pop too often.

Amazed at the outcome of the final drag race.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great to see the Moto3 rider Jack Miller win a GP, even it was in the rain and he proved to be the bravest, which I think many of us had guessed anyways.

Also well done Scott Reading on his third place.

• 3 weeks later...

Lorenzo having a Mare.

CnfQODWVIAAzQzO.jpg

Sachsenring, Saturday, July 16, 2016

Pos.         Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev. 1 93

Marc MARQUEZ         SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 289.5 1'21.160   2 8

Hector BARBERA        SPA Avintia Racing Ducati 289.6 1'21.572 0.412 / 0.412 3 46

Valentino ROSSI          ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 290.0 1'21.666 0.506 / 0.094 4 9

Danilo PETRUCCI       ITA OCTO Pramac Yakhnich Ducati 291.1 1'21.666 0.506 5 44

Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 288.7 1'21.738 0.578 / 0.072 6 25

Maverick VIÑALES SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 289.6 1'21.784 0.624 / 0.046 7 4

Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 295.0 1'21.858 0.698 / 0.074 8 41

Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 288.1 1'21.883 0.723 / 0.025 9 29

Andrea IANNONE ITA Ducati Team Ducati 295.8 1'21.890 0.730 / 0.007 10 26

Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 292.6 1'21.892 0.732 / 0.002 11 99

Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 291.1 1'22.088 0.928 / 0.196 12 68

Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati 286.7 1'22.346 1.186 / 0.258

Edited by lol-lol

Rossi screwed up big time. His team were trying to get him to come in about 3 or 4 laps before he finally did and I couldn't figure out why he wasn't higher up when they changed bikes. Then the caption came up saying he was on intermediates. Fair play to those that went slicks, they got the result.

Rossi screwed up big time. His team were trying to get him to come in about 3 or 4 laps before he finally did and I couldn't figure out why he wasn't higher up when they changed bikes. Then the caption came up saying he was on intermediates. Fair play to those that went slicks, they got the result.

Well done Cal and nearly a podium for Scot too. GOAT needs to listen to Lyn J.

Would Rosberg/Hamiton take driving advice from Wolff?

Vettel from Arrivabene?

No.

Not talking about driving/riding advice. F1 drivers have radios and I assume are allowed to be told how fast other drivers are going on different tyres. Yamaha were obviously aware of riders changing to inters or slicks and knew that they were going to catch Rossi hand over fist if he didn't come in to change. The only way they can tell a rider is by the boards (I'm sure if they could have managed to get the info to him about how fast Marquez was going,he'd have been in faster than **** off a shovel). He did about 4 laps after they first started trying to get him in to change. From a good chance of winning if he'd changed when told to come in (via pit boards) he ended up in 8th place and lost a shed load of valuable points in the process.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What's Romano Fenati been upto the naughty boy. Must have been something serious for his own team to suspend him.

“Following repeated behaviour not in line with the disciplinary rules of a team – the rider Romano Fenati has been suspended,” a statement read.

“He will not be on the starting grid of the Austrian Grand Prix.”

Great to see Ducati do the double and especially for "The Maniac".

“Following repeated behaviour not in line with the disciplinary rules of a team – the rider Romano Fenati has been suspended,” a statement read.

“He will not be on the starting grid of the Austrian Grand Prix.”

Great to see Ducati do the double and especially for "The Maniac".

I know all that but the commentary team hinted that they knew what had happened and that it was very serious. but would not speculate due to litigation threat.

The truth must be out there im curious.

I know all that but the commentary team hinted that they knew what had happened and that it was very serious. but would not speculate due to litigation threat.

The truth must be out there im curious.

Perhaps Team Sky had to get rid of him as he criticised Sky and Murdoch?   

Edited by lol-lol

I got the impression it was physical rather than verbal.

Clarson Slapgate similar situation?

These riders usually only weight around 50 Kgs so not exactly bruisers.

Edited by lol-lol

Fenati incident......

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/232911/1/sky-vr46-fenati-didnt-fight-with-anyone.html

While Nieto accepts that Fenati possesses a strong character, and there were undoubtedly some aggressive exchanges inside the garage, the story describing the scuffles was “all wrong.” 

“It's all wrong, and it wasn't like this. It's incredible. I saw that news in the Spanish newspaper also and I was... what? Nothing like this," said the Spaniard. 

“The point was that Romano, we know his character is strong, but he didn't fight with anyone. He didn't push Pietro. He didn't push me. He didn't have a knife. Nothing like that. The only thing is that he has a very strong character and that was the biggest point for us. 

“It could be that he was a little bit aggressive in how he explained things. That's the main thing. But normally with him we have a very good relation. This is clear. This was the main point now that we were a little bit sad to make this third warning that he get it, because in our team we have our rules. We must have that.” 

Nieto's comments coincide with a statement released by Fenati's mother Sabrina on the seven-time grand prix winner's Facebook page. 

It read: “There was no big fight [but] rather a confrontation between me and Pablo Nieto in the hospitality area of the sky racing team by VR46 about contractual obligations [and what had and had] not [been] fulfilled by part of the team. 

“After there was a meeting with me, Romano, Pietro Caprara, Pablo Nieto and Alessio [uccio] Salucci. The team said he didn't fulfill certain obligations. No one was beaten, no one threw anything at anyone. At the end of the meeting, Romano threw the [paddock] pass down on the table, but he didn't throw it at anyone. 

“The debate is over," she wrote. "I repeat, there was nothing mad, like pushing, or anything." 
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/232911/1/sky-vr46-fenati-didnt-fight-with-anyone.html#5eRfHRQjuUq3JEsc.99

Loving the rain in the Czech Republic, just what the "Doctor" and the Brits ordered.

Come on McPhee.

And later for Brad, Cal, Eugene and Scott. 

Well done Cal well deserved and McPhee

Some great Facebook stuff from Vale and Jack on Cal (we could call him Superman now).

So please he has had the birth of his first child and now hist first MotoGP at 30 when maybe he was doubting it was going to happen. 

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1