Exhaust burn on bumper

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed any marks on the plastic near the exhaust outlet???

Was thinking of going to skoda about it as car is still under warranty.

It's gone smooth in a section.

Car is a 2.0 tdi vrs

4dadc38f525e9de4b22c9a6126b6edca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many RS TDI owners complained about this issue on french forums.

Bumpers were replaced under warranty.

That"s a clear and known design issue.

I'm amazed there is enough heat there to affect the bumper, unless it's during a DPF regen?

Luckily MG thought about this several years ago...

TrophySE1.jpg

:D

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Many RS TDI owners complained about this issue on french forums.

Bumpers were replaced under warranty.

That"s a clear and known design issue.

Thats great, I wouldnt have thought that any dealer would consider any kind of warranty work if the owner removed the part, got it modified and then reassembled it. But hey ho, it says so on the internet so must be true  :D

• Like 3

Thats great, I wouldnt have thought that any dealer would consider any kind of warranty work if the owner removed the part, got it modified and then reassembled it. But hey ho, it says so on the internet so must be true :D

I didn't mention any removal and reassembling by the users.

In the cases I'm refering to, the cause was the bad design of the exhausts.

Edited by JPH0091

So not the same as original post detailed, even better to know thanks

I think it is the same.

You are the one introducing a doubt that the issue could be caused by the dis/re-assembling done by willovrs.

I think it is the same.

You are the one introducing a doubt that the issue could be caused by the dis/re-assembling done by willovrs.

Interesting to find out when skoda have stopped laughing that is, if they replace bumper under warranty, perhaps a short crossing to France would be worthwhile

Interesting to find out when skoda have stopped laughing that is, if they replace bumper under warranty, perhaps a short crossing to France would be worthwhile

Interesting to find you so self confident, when obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hello mr pot

That's the advantage to learn international english. I've no idea what you mean; nor do I care...

Edited by JPH0091

I want my money back, that's a dual exhaust, I've only got one exhaust each side

Why is that?

Do skoda fit whatever part is to hand on the production line. "oh bugger we ran out of dual exhausts" "don't worry just fit those single outlet ones we have no one will notice"

These cars really are bespoke. Appears they are all made with a random assortment of parts, (maybe left overs from Audi, VW and SEAT)??

• Like 1

Why is that?

Do skoda fit whatever part is to hand on the production line. "oh bugger we ran out of dual exhausts" "don't worry just fit those single outlet ones we have no one will notice"

These cars really are bespoke. Appears they are all made with a random assortment of parts, (maybe left overs from Audi, VW and SEAT)??

I believe he was joking...

The TDI has a dual pipe on one side of the car only and nothing at all in the other "fake" exhaust tip, whereas the TSI has a single exhaust outlet on both sides of the car. This is standard and consistent and not down to the whim of the guy building it on the day.

• Like 1

Has anyone else experienced this on their octavia vrs? I've only done 4K miles...

My vRS doesnt show anything like this after 60k km...

I would suggest discussing it with your dealer as I don't see why painting it black should affect your warranty if as JPH0091 says there was a design issue or update available to fix it.

I've not heard of anyone else on this forum mentioning a problem like this before.

Edited by Gabbo