Window rain repellent recommendations

Nathanio

Haha, yeah it does sound a bit 'ooh err missus'.

You probably don't need to use barkeepers friend. I just used it as I had it, and I know it's good for cleaning glass.

I know what you mean though, I'm waiting on a good downpour whilst I'm driving, to see what the screen is like.

Just as a footnote,despite the repeated glass polishing & cleaning stopping the wipers juddering & bouncing over the screen a drive home in the dark on a twisty b road revealed the wipers leaving a smeared film of water which took a couple of seconds to clear.

Was so bad it was difficult to see especially with oncoming headlights thrown in,real brick it job and as a result car is now sporting a new screen

Just as a footnote,despite the repeated glass polishing & cleaning stopping the wipers juddering & bouncing over the screen a drive home in the dark on a twisty b road revealed the wipers leaving a smeared film of water which took a couple of seconds to clear.

Was so bad it was difficult to see especially with oncoming headlights thrown in,real brick it job and as a result car is now sporting a new screen

Glad you got it sorted. I've got the opposite at the moment - screen is crystal clear and doesn't smear at all when using the wipers. But even after fitting new wipers I get screen judder unless the rain is torrential. Even tried fitting the old wipers again but they are no better or worse. It's almost like the screen is too clean! Squeaky clean!

Well haven't tried it in the rain yet,just a little shower would do got a selection of blades to fit lol.

I always replace the blades regularly,clean them & the screen,they've been a right pain in the butt but i know people who never do anything to their cars & the wipers are silent,streak free works of art  :wall:  

• 1 month later...

Have to say the Carlack glass sealant is working a treat after being hit with all kinds of weather, screen wash, maintenance washes etc and hasn't needed topping up yet from a good couple of months now.

I've always used Gtechniq G5 in the past but saw Angelwax H2GO on offer a while back so gave it a go. Easy to apply and remove and works a treat. £6.95 approximately for 100ml. I just use it on the front and so have done six windscreens and have half a bottle left. 

• Like 2

I've always used Gtechniq G5 in the past but saw Angelwax H2GO on offer a while back so gave it a go. Easy to apply and remove and works a treat. £6.95 approximately for 100ml. I just use it on the front and so have done six windscreens and have half a bottle left. 

So, how do the two products compare?  Which is your preferred and why?

Thanks

David

• 1 year later...
On 30/10/2016 at 19:01, Getulus said:

Well haven't tried it in the rain yet,just a little shower would do got a selection of blades to fit lol.

I always replace the blades regularly,clean them & the screen,they've been a right pain in the butt but i know people who never do anything to their cars & the wipers are silent,streak free works of art  :wall:  

Quick update

What finally sorted it was not buying Bosch wiper blades,tried their aero & original style both juddered at times in a fine one day & a nightmare the next kind of way.Even fitted a new d/s wiper arm in case it was that.

Finally bought a set of QH aeros which solved the problem,smooth silent wipers at last.

47 minutes ago, SimpsonMrG said:

Can you put these products on all the windows or just the windscreen? Wondering if its a good idea to put stuff on my sides.

I used it on all windows, it does help the water disperse on the side windows as well as the front and rear windscreens.