rust!

9660benf

Has anyone had any issues with rust on their citigo? Just spotted a rust bubble on the 1/4 panel around the fuel filler coming from under the rubber on my 64 plate Monte Carlo, is anyone else in the same boat? Im really not happy

Saw your post on Facebook earlier, my only concern would be if reported to Skoda, they might come back with that it's been caused by spilt petrol or something daft not being cleared up, can't say I've noticed any rust on mine tho

Edited by Hyphons

Dont think they could ever say that any form of neglect can have caused that the car isn't exactly dirty. It's clearly coming from behind the filler surround plastics. Petrol doesn't effect paint like that. Sounds like a isolated case unfortunately for me. See what skoda say when I get to work tomorrow

• Like 1

Probably from a weld or weld spatter that wasn't dressed before the body was painted.

I once had a similar issue with a Fiesta Mk4 Zetec. Corrosion started under the stainless steel sill trim strips. I had the sills refinished at Ford's expense under warranty with no quibbles.

Most likely an isolated case as you have already suggested. Given the materials available to Skoda to build the car at their target price I think that they have done an excellent job. I'm quite impressed with the little Citigo. Perhaps not surprising given that the Audi Q7 is made in the same factory as the Citigo/Mii/Up!

Edited by ronime

There shouldn't be any welds near there,pretty sure they would be bonded around the filler. I don't doubt that they will repair it but with 15 years of car body work it's fairly safe to say it wont be the last I see of it long term

Quite often I see dirt and sand coming under the rubber. Must be sprayed by rear wheel. When sand scrubs paint off, no wonder if it rust. Rear wheel arch liners might help if fitted when car is new.

Quite often I see dirt and sand coming under the rubber. Must be sprayed by rear wheel. When sand scrubs paint off, no wonder if it rust. Rear wheel arch liners might help if fitted when car is new.

Hyphons car had a hole in the wheel arch, let alone rust.

I've seen a photo on Facebook and the rust isn't anywhere near the arch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dirt comes up to filler inside the rear fender. Then it comes out between filler rubber and painted metal.

Sorry, this is too hard to explain.

I would put a claim in. I have just had 2 new wings put on my 06 passat with 160000 miles on it. No problem. The whole group are desperate to keep customers happy with all the bad press about emissions. Someone told me they are fussy with paint warranty but I had no problem and was sorted in under 4 weeks start to finish.