Does the L&K have TV as standard?

Hi guys,

I've got 2 brochures for the Superb and one says the L&K has TV tuner and the other doesn't.

April 2016 - TV

June 2016 - No TV

I've got one on order due at the end of the month. I'm getting it through a leasing company and it was a cancelled order. I've asked the broker what equipment it has and they've confirmed it has DAB radio but not listed TV. Both brochures list TV and DAB together. This is a UK order.

Any ideas friendly people?

J

As per another thread, L&K's ordered before May will still get the TV tuner as standard and free of charge.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The MY17 L&K Superb no longer has a TV tuner. My MY16 one that was built at the end of April does, but TBH it's more of a gimmick than something that I'll use much.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. So do we think and end of June delivery must mean an original order date of before May based on their lead time and therefore TV included? Suppose I'm asking you to guess but and I could just blinking we'll wait and find out... But I don't much care for waiting and I'm climbing the walls waiting for this car - first EVER new car. Ever. ever. evs. :)

Thanks guys. So do we think and end of June delivery must mean an original order date of before May based on their lead time and therefore TV included? Suppose I'm asking you to guess but and I could just blinking we'll wait and find out... But I don't much care for waiting and I'm climbing the walls waiting for this car - first EVER new car. Ever. ever. evs. :)

Just check with whoever you ordered the car with - anything ordered before end of April should have the tuner honoured whether it is a MY16 or 17. My dealer said no at first even though mine was ordered 28th April..until I pushed them and now I've got it plus the rear camera which I didn't spec first time around!!

The MY17 L&K Superb no longer has a TV tuner. My MY16 one that was built at the end of April does, but TBH it's more of a gimmick than something that I'll use much.

Square eyes here uses it lots of times in his SII.

I found it of use--- sitting outside a chip shop with 2 grandchildren waiting for the wife ( & the fish & chips ! )

It must be able to as analogue has gone the way of the Dodo in the UK.

Its the same here.

But somehow the tv option is not available here AFAIK.

Its the same here.

But somehow the tv option is not available here AFAIK.

What digital TV standard is in use in Norway, it you are using DVBT like the rest of europe (Exc. Eire)  then it should work, if Norway went MPEG4 then unlikely. Eire went with MPEG4 which severely limits the available hardware.

I have TV in my MK2, and it is not used very often, but if you think about it, it means the car is £850 more expensive now... (TV was included, now £850 option) hidden price increase, on top of the usual year on year increase after all the cost of the car has not dropped by £850 as you have lost the TV... 

Edited by stuarttunstall

I have TV in my MK2, and it is not used very often, but if you think about it, it means the car is £850 more expensive now... (TV was included, now £850 option) hidden price increase, on top of the usual year on year increase after all the cost of the car has not dropped by £850 as you have lost the TV... 

As I have already mentioned elsewhere in the past, I think the TV tuner thing with the L&K is a hell of a rip off, as you say, now being a £850 option....the screen is already there anyway so why so much? and have a look in Curry's or wherever, you can easily get a good make fully loaded 55inch TV for that price AND enough change left over for some nice toasters!

• Like 1

I use my tv a lot, so not impressed with the back door price rise.

As I have already mentioned elsewhere in the past, I think the TV tuner thing with the L&K is a hell of a rip off, as you say, now being a £850 option....the screen is already there anyway so why so much? and have a look in Curry's or wherever, you can easily get a good make fully loaded 55inch TV for that price AND enough change left over for some nice toasters!

Like I say, cars prices increase most years as the new "MY" comes out, but this is an additional £850 that you will have to pay if you want TV, you had it free last year but the car is not £850 cheaper... I checked on ETOS the TV tuner in the boot of a MK2 is £1200 if you go and buy one now from a dealer.. stupid money for a small silver box the size of a radio... plus they do not work everywhere!  I cannot get reception at home in the car but digital TV works on the normal home TV... 

Skoda's price matches pretty much everyone else for this option. There is usually a fair bit of hardware needed, not just the receiver. You also need significant signal amplification and possibly aerial diversity units for the UHF TV bands built in too. That will all add to the price, though I agree that it still seems too high. But then if other manufacturers charge it, so will Skoda. Simple market economics.

DVB-T is MPEG (uses MPEG2 data). DVB-T doesn't support enough HD Data streams (TV Channels) per radio channel, so DVB-T2 (MPEG4) is being used alongside it in various places - including the UK - to give the capacity. Many countries across Europe, including Norway use, DVB-T2 so Iwould expect the receiver to work seamlessly with both.

I'm not usually an early adopter as I like the spec levels to settle down, however in this case I think that jumping early was the right thing to do, so far the only MY17 change that would be a nice to have is the additional colour choices for the interior LED's and potentially that could be an update or at the worst go to a friendly VCDS user if I want a colour changed, I already have the large infotainment screen (Columbus) and I'm not vain enough to want a borderless rear view mirror ;)

I'll keep my TV Tuner and the £850 saving as well :) 

I'm not usually an early adopter as I like the spec levels to settle down, however in this case I think that jumping early was the right thing to do, so far the only MY17 change that would be a nice to have is the additional colour choices for the interior LED's and potentially that could be an update or at the worst go to a friendly VCDS user if I want a colour changed, I already have the large infotainment screen (Columbus) and I'm not vain enough to want a borderless rear view mirror ;)

I'll keep my TV Tuner and the £850 saving as well :)

Well you can have a L&K 4x4 190 hatch due to be delivered to me by NCD tomorrow...it has a TV

• Like 1

Well you can have a L&K 4x4 190 hatch due to be delivered to me by NCD tomorrow...it has a TV

Sorry, Diesel is no good to me as I don't do the mileage, I'll stick with my 280 L&K 4x4 Petrol :)