Need To Give Car Back

bradfordfabia

We need to replace our Citigo with a bigger car. We are in 1 year of a 3 year PCP contract with final payment of £5000, will we be able to just give the car back with no extra payment or swap the car for a bigger car but older and still pay the same amount?.

I have the same question, but at year two of four. As I understand it from reading threads today you have to have paid 50% of the total amount payable to be able to voluntarily return the car....

Edited by marky9074

I have the same question, but at year two of four. As I understand it from reading threads today you have to have paid 50% of the total amount payable to be able to voluntarily return the car....

Yes,agree,it's 50% of the total cost of the car has to have been paid before you can VT it.

I'd be surprised if you could just hand the car back. The car will probably be in negative equity (meaning that it is worth less than the remainder of the PCP payments plus the balloon payment). To hand the car back you'll have to pay this difference.

You could use the voluntary termination clause, but that only works if you've paid back over 50% of the total vehicle value, but I imagine this isn't the case. It is worth noting that although this doesn't affect your credit score, car finance companies will be able to see that you have done it and MAY not give you finance on another car for a few years.

If you went to get a different car (new or used) you should be able to 'move' the negative equity amount over to that car, and then paying this off along with the different car's value. I couldn't say whether the payments would be the same, that would depend on all sorts of factors.

give skoda finance a call, they will be able to give you options from the finance side

the other thing once you have the finance info have a chat with your dealer and see if they can give you any options

it can be done, my wife swapped a 15 month old Hyundai i10 (on pcp) for a new citigo

if a dealer thinks they can make a bit of profit they will offer some sort of deal or give you an indication of when you will be able to swap at minimal cost

You could probably do that. Vw is your best bet though as they have plenty of incentives on a polo. Youd have to use these though to write off the negative equity on the citigo. Skoda dealers seem to struggle to do this.

My advice nip into your local vw dealer, explain your situation and see if they can do you a deal. If you don't ask you'll never find out!

I found the attitude of the VW sales staff strutting around with ipad very poor when I looked at a polo to replace my fabia,

I asked about a towbar and got "why would you want to put a towbar on a polo"

I said I wanted to part ex my 2 1/2 year old fabia estate and got told "oh we could never have a skoda out front, I can only give you aution price for it"

I asked to test drive a 1.2 90ps tsi and got told we have a 75 or a 105, and they seemed confused that I wanted to test drive the engine I was looking to buy

and so it went on until I just told them not to bother and walked off

2nd time in 15 years I have looked at VW, 2nd time I have vowed never to walk into a VW showroom to talk to the pompous prats again

• Like 1

Skoda and VW  salesmen are like chalk and cheese.  VW think you should be grateful they are willing to sell you something. Skoda - ( in Lancaster anyway) always go the extra mile ( or KM ) for me .

Up here I've found the opposite. Vw would do anything to sell a car whereas skoda werent interested and were like well go elsewhere then!

If you try in August or September there will definitely be deals out there then.

My experience of VW dealerships is that they are unhelpful and arrogant.

Same here in our part of the world. SWMBO wanted to look at possible replacements for her Jazz. Went to local SMART/Merc showroom...sat in every car they had...no approach from anyone, apart from a lovely car valeter outside who moved a SMART 4 door so we could sit in it, and apologised for lack of any sales people. Went next door to Skoda and got usual brilliant reception, help, suggestions, banter and all. Lady likes Citgo a lot. Went to local VW dealer to inspect an Up!. Receptionist stood up, went and sat down with a coffee and her mobile whilst avoiding any eye contact. Once again sat in every car in the showroom...no contact whatsoever. Now I don't like being crowded but I do like to, at least, have my presence acknowledged. Second time I have been in this VW showroom in 9 years and had same treatment each time. There will not be a third time. Neither will there be a second time for the Merc showroom. Easy to understand why local Skoda dealer, in this beautiful cathedral city, sells so many cars.

I got in touch with my local dealer and they have told be I can replace it in months time. The salesman was keen for me to go for a brand new car but I would be happy with a used car. I have always wanted a Volvo so I might go this way instead.

I got in touch with my local dealer and they have told be I can replace it in months time. The salesman was keen for me to go for a brand new car but I would be happy with a used car. I have always wanted a Volvo so I might go this way instead.

bear in mind a Volvo dealer may value you car lower as they would likely have to send it to auction or another branch in their group if they have a skoda dealer in the group, and everyone will want their bit of margin from your old part ex

bear in mind a Volvo dealer may value you car lower as they would likely have to send it to auction or another branch in their group if they have a skoda dealer in the group, and everyone will want their bit of margin from your old part ex

Planning to voluntary terminate the contract so no car to part exchanged. Will be quite a older volvo anyway. The wife thinks we should keep the car until the end of the PCP deal but I am not to sure.

We have had the car 13 months, the salesman said we could replacing the car after 18 months. We took a 3 year PCP.

is this DM keith on Canal road by any chance? im 15 months into a 36 month PCP and also considering VT, but didnt think i was anywhere near the figure i could terminate at.

Went to work this morning and noticed 3 stone chips on the bonnet. This is going to cost me :-(

Wouldn't worry I handed my car back with a cracked headlight. They told me as long as the car was Road legal and had no panel damage requiring a respray I'd be OK.