Windscreen scratch repair

Wardy

Another job on the Eunos restoration list :)

Have a curved line, up from the inside of the passenger wiper sweep, so towards the middle of the screen. Maybe 10cm long? Looks like perhaps a small stone has got caught under the wiper blade and then been dragged up the windscreen!

Tried some glass polish by hand so far, and it's lessened it very slightly, but still very much visible. It's not a safety issue and certainly isn't reducing visibility, but obviously I'd prefer it wasn't there and seems a bit of overkill for a whole new screen.

I was just wondering about a smaller spot pad on my DA, but then wondered about polish. Should I carry on with a glass polish type product (think it's Autoglym) or look at something I have for bodywork - maybe a heavier cut Menzerna?

Thoughts welcome :)

Cheers,
Steve.

Just to add although that is a kit I would recommend that you use a D/A if you have one because it will make it a lot quicker and a hell of a lot easier on your arms. Don't forget to buy a reyon pad if you do use it with a D/A.

I have a guide up on here somewhere if you need to get your head around it.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yep, I'm fine with DA method and I'll pick up a suitable pad :thumbup:

Might as well let the machine take the strain, for something like this :)

Ceriglass is a real good shout! I believe it can create quite a bit of heat too.. be great to know how you get on with it. One thing I actually want to try myself!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oky doke, CeriGlass it is.

Good that it mentions headlight restoration as well, as have a set to do for someone else. Plus I can probably use it for a few light passes on the rear Eunos light clusters as they're a bit faded.

Cheers guys; will report back when I've had chance to have a go :-)

• Like 1

I removed some scratches in the passenger side glass and some light scratches in my windscreen of my old works Octavia using rayon pads on my old Da polisher.

I used Ceriglass and took my time.........its a slow job and takes a good while.

Have used jewelers rouge in the past too which was right messy and not as good a finish.

• 6 months later...

Noticed I have a similar "small bit of grit under the wiper" arc scratch on the drivers side of the Superb windscreen the other day. It's about a third to half way up on the very right hand side of the screen and is around 8 or 9 inches long but only really noticeable when the sun shines straight onto the screen and you see it in the light.

I've ordered the CeliGlass kit from cleanyourcar at £11.95. I don't have a DA though so looks like it'll be a long hard process by hand and hopefully will not be too deep a scratch.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Noticed I have a similar "small bit of grit under the wiper" arc scratch on the drivers side of the Superb windscreen the other day. It's about a third to half way up on the very right hand side of the screen and is around 8 or 9 inches long but only really noticeable when the sun shines straight onto the screen and you see it in the light.

I've ordered the CeliGlass kit from cleanyourcar at £11.95. I don't have a DA though so looks like it'll be a long hard process by hand and hopefully will not be too deep a scratch.

I'd be interested to know how you get on, keep us posted!