My vrs 6 months in.

• 2 months later...

Car looks great mate, really nice mods and that interior is stunning, is that a Blackline interior or was it an option on the Facelift VRS?

You should look into the MK3 flat bottom steering wheel that Vinj14 has fitted, would tie in nicely with the red stitching and the updated Skoda badge like the rest of your car now has, cant imagine it's cheap though with the airbag and all! 

Really nice car!

In case anyone is still looking here's the front and rear flaps on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201639247429

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201637390204

the seller will combine shipping for both sets too to make them a bit cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

another few months in and a few more retro fits.

front ops sensors

20160911_160125_zpsv8yqfdrw.jpg

front ops screen

20160911_160313_zpskhqvl13t.jpg

ops options in maxidot

20160911_160436_zpsjipqm017.jpg

ops button 

20160911_160513_zpsifgmdfzx.jpg

rear view camera

20160911_160146_zpspwypm9ki.jpg

rear view camera screen

20160911_160319_zpsl87z43qj.jpg

dab columbus unit with genuine vag roof aerial,thanks to rustynuts on here for the supply of these two items,highly recommended and very helpful.

20160911_160244_zpsc7chdaua.jpg

20160911_164326_zps7iqrujoo.jpg

usb charging socket in glovebox

20160911_160951_zpswvf4axrd.jpg

door handle led lighting

20160911_161323_zpsicl2k2cv.jpg

amount to refuel in maxidot activated with vcds

20160911_160450_zpsut4momqb.jpg

vrs left footrest

20160911_161829_zpswo11bqcg.jpg

genuine neptune vrs spare wheel refurbed in same colour as other wheels

20160911_164307_zps5xgpobsc.jpg

also fitted heated washer jets with one of eddie nls looms.

its been a steep learning curve as its the first time ive ever used vcds or had a vag based car, the forums have been very useful but there is a lot of conflicting information but a few very helpful people on pm so thanks to those who helped me.

next on the list to do is puddle lighting in the mirrors and a mk3 steering wheel.

if anyone is interested i have the rear parking sensor module i removed to fit the front and rears.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/410996-5j0-919-475-a-parking-sensor-module/

a1a774c3-6d72-4778-9e01-adad4f78fbff_zps

Edited by tubbytommy
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Absoloutely cracking progress mate, you dont mess around eh ;)

How did you find dropping the headlining for the DAB antenna, I'd love DAB and can get the DAB headunit reasonably cheap on exchange.

Is it just a straight swap, new wiring from head unit to roof (just an extra wire for the dab for complete replacement of the existing wiring?) and the new antenna?

Cheers! 

Absoloutely cracking progress mate, you dont mess around eh ;)

How did you find dropping the headlining for the DAB antenna, I'd love DAB and can get the DAB headunit reasonably cheap on exchange.

Is it just a straight swap, new wiring from head unit to roof (just an extra wire for the dab for complete replacement of the existing wiring?) and the new antenna?

Cheers!

It's an easy job just remove the long plastic bit in the middle and you can pull the lining down enough to get the spanner in to undo the bolt.

Theb it's just a matter of running an extra cable to the front .

I ran along the roof and down the a pillar.

It was a straight swap for the Columbus wiring wise.

It's a great upgrade and probably the one im most pleased with.

I hate non OEM looking stuff so the genuine aerial was a must for me.

• Like 2

It's an easy job just remove the long plastic bit in the middle and you can pull the lining down enough to get the spanner in to undo the bolt.

Theb it's just a matter of running an extra cable to the front .

I ran along the roof and down the a pillar.

It was a straight swap for the Columbus wiring wise.

It's a great upgrade and probably the one im most pleased with.

I hate non OEM looking stuff so the genuine aerial was a must for me.

Great, cheers for that.

Do you happen to have the part number for the extra wire?

Re: running the wire, did you not have to drop the headlining to get it to the A pillar though?

Cheers again! 

• Like 1

Great, cheers for that.

Do you happen to have the part number for the extra wire?

Re: running the wire, did you not have to drop the headlining to get it to the A pillar though?

Cheers again!

I have no idea of part no.s sorry I bought mine from rustynuts on here.

If you contact him I'm sure he will help you and probably supply the parts like he did for me.

You can pull the roof lining down enough at the sides to thread the cable to the front.

I did it three times as the original aerial was just for radio. The new one has GPS,phone and dab also.

• Like 1

I have no idea of part no.s sorry I bought mine from rustynuts on here.

If you contact him I'm sure he will help you and probably supply the parts like he did for me.

You can pull the roof lining down enough at the sides to thread the cable to the front.

I did it three times as the original aerial was just for radio. The new one has GPS,phone and dab also.

I'll drop him a message now, thanks again mate, car is cracking!    

After having a think about what to do with the remaining switch blank I decided to fit a USB charging socket.

I stumbled across this on aliexpress,

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32402086299.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32402086299&productSubject=Usb-Switch-Plug-Cable-Fit-for-Octavia-Car-Radio-RCD510-RNS315&spm=2114.13010608.0.0.JG9aW2#autostay

So I bought it and cut off the end that plugs into the stereo and spliced on a USB end which I connected to this.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161976793008?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&_mwBanner=1

It's powered via a piggyback fuse holder to an ignition live and one USB powers the charger and the other is wired to a dash cam.

Very pleased as it looks OEM which I like and I can charge the phone and place it in the ashtray part under the radio .

20161027_102052_zpsx7zxbczy.jpg

I have also replaced all the interior bulbs with LEDs.

It's been a great project and I genuinely think it's finished as there is nothing left to add that I want.

I've learnt loads about vcds coding etc as I knew nothing prior to owning the car.

As a daily I really can't fault it as it has everything I need.

Edited by tubbytommy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Up for sale soon

Full skoda history including 40k dsg fluid change. Now on 45k

Probably the best spec vrs diesel for sale at the moment.

Apart from the spec it's low mileage and with complete history to back it up and vcds code read to prove no faults.

Plate not include and will revert back to its original 12 plate

Edited by tubbytommy
  • Like 1

Up for sale soon

Full skoda history including 40k dsg fluid change. Now on 45k

Probably the best spec vrs diesel for sale at the moment.

Apart from the spec it's low mileage and with complete history to back it up and vcds code read to prove no faults.

Plate not include and will revert back to its original 12 plate

Why you selling it so soon!???     :o

You might find splitting some of the mods nets you more money overall, certianly has on every car I've sold, mods rarely add any value to a car.

Let me know if you change your mind on any of it.

i know what you mean but most of the mods i have are irreversable really apart from the nav and im hoping as the car has all the oem extras it attracts more attention than one without as i will price it similar.

• Like 1

i know what you mean but most of the mods i have are irreversable really apart from the nav and im hoping as the car has all the oem extras it attracts more attention than one without as i will price it similar.

I'm sure it will mate, just wish you were selling it 4 months ago, I'd have snapped it up lol

• Like 1

I'd be really interested in the rear parking camera setup and full DAB kit (unit, ariel and cables), I've the non-dab Columbus fitted from the factory with latest maps to P/X

Grille, wheels too but I'm pretty far away to be meeting up for swaps on those to be fair. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

after deciding to keep the car and pass it on to the other half (or being told i wasnt allowed to sell it its now replacing our old pug diesel) i took a trip to see mikeholroyd and have a few remaining adaptations added i cant do with vcds.

break recommended activated via a can gateway flash.

20161218_111949_zpslna0ise9.jpg

twin rear fogs activated too.

20161218_111927_zpsulynxpku.jpg

also the warning for led numberplate lights turned off.

many thanks to mike for his help and expertise.

Edited by tubbytommy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know why i missed this bit off but when i first had the car i fitted a 3C8 035 730 E

Which also activates BT streaming,WiFi and SMS text messaging and bt premium mode (rsap) so the car becomes the phone and reception is via the cars aerial.

you can get the columbus to read out the text messages and also reply etc from the columbus screen.

20170102_120311_zpsww029qks.jpg

20170102_120328_zpsutmmxyax.jpg

• Like 2