Modern Middleweight bikes

Aspman

<100mi

Might have been an earlier model but they not down at something ridiculous like 80 miles between fills?

Tiny tank rather than bad mpg.

Sounds like my Tuono :D :D.

I reckon i could get it down to less than 70 miles if i tried hard enough.

Id probably be dead or banned though, so it stays around 90miles usually.

• Like 1

Sounds like my Tuono :D :D.

I reckon i could get it down to less than 70 miles if i tried hard enough.

Id probably be dead or banned though, so it stays around 90miles usually.

That was one advantage of the 400s. 150 to a tank riding like a complete tool.

• Like 1

Worth looking into what year has what engine.

They did change a little over the years. The latest air cooled are twin cams.

The latest R1200R which I think has been out a couple of years now has the water cooled boxer engine in it Ollie and is basically a GS without the fairing and has road wheels/tyres and less suspension travel etc.

• Like 1

The latest R1200R which I think has been out a couple of years now has the water cooled boxer engine in it Ollie and is basically a GS without the fairing and has road wheels/tyres and less suspension travel etc.

Ahh. You're right of course Ade!

I might of been thinking of the RnineT? Thats still air cooled isnt it?

Ahh. You're right of course Ade!

I might of been thinking of the RnineT? Thats still air cooled isnt it?

Correct o mundo. More of a retro bike as opposed to the R being a roadster, but it sold very well when it was released with a long waiting list.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on what you want out of the bikes to really suggest anything. What did you ride before?

SV650 are great bikes but if you're of average height you may find it cramped. V-Strom, same engine but a bigger trail type bike.

MV Agusta - look great, handle well and normally fall to bits quickly

BMW bikes are capable but christ they are dull.

Sound advice but then you get this! :no: :D

BMW R1200R then....but they're not cheap

So as I have only just found this thread as well as a load of others in the biking section have you an update Aspman?  What have you tried if anything or have you given up?

I still love the Triumph Explorer but earlier this year gave into temptation aided and abetted by a number of RAT mates who have more than one bike and bought a Dayona 955i.  I like it but don't love it and the idea was to ride it when I was out on my own.  Problem is I have found myself taking the TEX instead because the Daytona just isn't my sort of thing really.  Thing is you never know until you try and the only way is to buy one and if it goes wrong is flog it again.  Which is exactly where I am.

I still love the Triumph Explorer but earlier this year gave into temptation aided and abetted by a number of RAT mates who have more than one bike and bought a Dayona 955i.  I like it but don't love it and the idea was to ride it when I was out on my own.  Problem is I have found myself taking the TEX instead because the Daytona just isn't my sort of thing really.  Thing is you never know until you try and the only way is to buy one and if it goes wrong is flog it again.  Which is exactly where I am.

So are you going to swap the Daytona for something else or go back to just one bike Chris?

Going back to one Ade as I don't think the second bike thing works for me.  I have a mate who has 5 4 as he has just sold one a Tiger 800 as it happens.  I thought I would ride it when I am out on my own but to be honest I just prefer the TEX far more so the hassle of having one stuck inside the shed not being able to move because the other is blocking the door is just not worth it.  In any event I don't know what else I would get as I cannot abide chain drive and all the stuff that goes with it (no not going BMW!)

So I think I shall use the money and add to it for another project that is bouncing around inside my bonce at the moment. :x

So are you going to swap the Daytona for something else or go back to just one bike Chris?

Reckons hes going back to one, but what he really needs is a nice naked bike with plenty of comfort, but a big engine to make having a second bike fun.

Oh wait.. Ive got just the thing.....

Going back to one Ade as I don't think the second bike thing works for me. I have a mate who has 5 4 as he has just sold one a Tiger 800 as it happens. I thought I would ride it when I am out on my own but to be honest I just prefer the TEX far more so the hassle of having one stuck inside the shed not being able to move because the other is blocking the door is just not worth it. In any event I don't know what else I would get as I cannot abide chain drive and all the stuff that goes with it (no not going BMW!)

So I think I shall use the money and add to it for another project that is bouncing around inside my bonce at the moment. :x

A Tiger 800 would be too similar to the TEX anyway for a second bike wouldnt it? Just like a smaller slower version :D.

Low powered stuff scares the life out of me. Lots of Mod Lambrettas going around now. Saw a whole troop of them not too long ago, God knows how far the poor buggers had come on them.

Large numbers of Scooters now on the South West of Scotland riding the A77, around Girvan, Ayr , Troon, etc.

Perfect transport for those roads and less annoying than the Big Bikes passing through to and from the ferries.

http://canamspyder.com

Some rather nice Can-Am Trikes about recently with NI plates.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Tongue in cheek comment really.  Although I did actually pass my test in 1969 on a Lambretta LI150 and I do still like the look of them.  I would use one around town as a bit of fun but they are way too much money these days.  I suspect it would also scare the crap out of me riding something with small wheels and nowhere to put you knees after all these years.  Oh an mixing up two stroke oil as well!

Or I could just get this and kill two birds with one stone!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAMBRETTA-LI-150CC-1959-MODEL-SERIES1-FULLY-RESTORED-with-SIDE-CAR-/371686259142?hash=item568a3a39c6:g:xQEAAOSwbsBXiOFC

Thing is I know Jane would prefer this colour though.  You have to love the description!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESPA-1970-MODEL-NEW-PX-150-CC-SELF-STARTER-ENGINE-WITH-INDER-SIDECAR-ROCKET-/222198859765?hash=item33bc1587f5:g:ATsAAOSwuzRXc45M

Edited by Chriswright03