Falken ZE-914

Recommend or Dislike???

Usually use Michelin Primacy or Bridgestone Turanza's.

The Falken's seem quite quiet with good wet grip too, according to Sandicliffe anyway.

They may be a winter tyre though, still to investigate. I need two off.

They are a summer tyre.

Had ZE-912s on my g/fs car and they have worn very quickly. I would go with another mid range brand like Hankook or premium brand like Michelin or Goodyear.

What size do you need and what's the price difference?

Cheers Tom.

Price not too important but think around £60ish per corner is reasonable.

The reason I checked Sandicliffe is they advertised Pirelli's at BOGOF on the radio earlier.

The Pirelli's do not look great on fuel or noise though, looking at their indicators although I do not know how much difference in reality between, say a 'C' and 'E' for instance.

I fitted a full set to my mk1 about six months before I sold it. At the time it was a good spec on wet/dry grip and good on noise. Price was less than some others too.

I found them good on all these feature but they wandered a bit on cambers and seemed to need more steering input on corners. This was only slight but noticeable.

Would there be a noticeable difference in noise between ratings at 68db and 72db???????

Bear in mind I have a 1.9 proud diesel. ie - it likes to shout about it (noisy).

Edited by Tilt

Had these on my astra 1.9ctdi didn't think much of them they tram line as someone else has said swaped them for bf Goodrich g force profilers on the astra they were pretty good on the astra went though many different tyres on my octavia vrs have found the Bridgestone re002 to be a good compromise between price and performance although they tend to aquaplan in very Heavy rain but who drive like a **** in heavy rain mine is a stage 2+ 2.0 tfsi and they seam to keep it in cheack

I used Falkens (452) previously and found them to be good. Changed to Uniroyal Rainsport 2 as they were cheaper and now run Rainsport 3 on all our vehicles. Very reasonably priced, good grip, quiet and good ride quality.

i used the ze914's on my octavia.
Very noisy and quite a hard compound. Constantly spinning the front wheels when it rained.

Changed to Goodyear Efficent Grip performance and the difference was night and day

Would there be a noticeable difference in noise between ratings at 68db and 72db???????

Bear in mind I have a 1.9 proud diesel. ie - it likes to shout about it (noisy).

Technically speaking they would two and a bit times louder, every three db the volume doubles

Really like them, had 8 on my last three cars. Can't fault them really. Though can't comment on economy or noise as I notice no real difference. All I can say is I have gone fast around inner city and A road roundabouts and the country lanes of Cornwall in the wet of the UK winter many times and have loads of confidence in them. As for wear, well my current set on the front were replaced 12k ago and have worn to 5mm. I drive a Octy II TDI CR VRS.

Edited by SP36