MK1 Fabia Special edition *want Mk2 Fabia swap?*

hutchysrs50

Just a feeler i suppose, I've got my eye on a few cars Im after at the minute so seeing what i get offerd for mine more than anything.

Id want to swap for a Mk2 Fabia with cash either way depending what it is.

So most of you will know the car..

2007 on an 07 plate

Mk1 Fabia special edition number 986

105,000 miles on the clock

Full dealer service history up to 90,000

Getting it MOT'd next week so will have over 12 month since im getting it done early.

Its probably the highest spec special edition with all the extras, satnav, xenon headlights, cruise control, 6cd multichanger, heated seats, leather arm rest, leather interior, factory tint windows etc etc.. and as far as I know, the only special edition out there with heated leather, so you really can't find a higher spec than this one!

Project thread here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/379950-hutchysrs50-8th-fabia-special-edition/

That will have all the details on basically :D

everything major is done, Clutch, Dual mass flywheel, Turbo and timing belt all done with new parts.

For rules sake, lets say... £4,000 or swap for a MK2 Fabia ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by hutchysrs50

Its probably the highest spec special edition with all the extras, satnav, xenon headlights, cruise control, 6cd multichanger, heated seats, leather arm rest, leather interior, factory tint windows etc etc.. and as far as I know, the only special edition out there with heated leather, so you really can't find a higher spec than this one!

Not being pedantic or anything, but for the avoidance of doubt and clarification for potential buyers, when you say "extras" can you confirm which ones are factory/dealer fit extras, ie official extras? After all, why are sat nav, xenons, arm rest, and heated seats worth explicit mention but not the splitter, exhaust, darkenened alloys, window deflectors, and black grill? Is it safe to say that all are aftermarket? Just enquiring because I've got an SE and don't remember extras being possible to spec. Just wanted to clarify to potential buyers that "highest spec" doesn't necessarily equate to speccing more options than anyone else from the official brochure. That and stating a price of a million pounds suggests playing hard and fast with the rules.

Glwts

Edited by Statto

All SE's were built to the same spec. In hutchys project thread he shows how he's used OEM parts and retro fitted extra from the normal vrs onto his. His must be the only SE with said options.

Certainly the only one on here, so really he has a SSE, super special edition.

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 3

Guest BigJase88

After owning 2 mk1 vrs's and now a mk2 monte carlo fabia

Please slap yourself over the face. You do not want to swap your mark 1 for a mark 2

The quality has dropped big time.

After owning 2 mk1 vrs's and now a mk2 monte carlo fabia

Please slap yourself over the face. You do not want to swap your mark 1 for a mark 2

The quality has dropped big time.

Do you think?

I SORT OF agree, i remember looking at the mk2 and thinking how ugly it was, then they face lifted and added the Monte and i loved it.

Ive got a mk2 already and enjoying that one has made me want to put all my eggs in once basket if you like, id like another one as a project car to stick a nice big GTB on.

Looking at my previous cars, i've had tones of MK1's now simply because they are a great all round car, i've had a stripped out hybrid one, a daily GTB one, sports petrols etc etc.. so whats the next step?

For me i feel a Mk2 is keeping it similar but just more modern, i like the maxi-dot and satnav features better in the mk2 as well as the looks of the mk2 vrs and monte.

I had a similar problem a few year back when i wanted a Fabia that wasnt a Fabia :D so got an Ibiza FR, only a few years old, low mileage but was awful, worse car ive ever owned!

• Like 1

All SE's were built to the same spec. In hutchys project thread he shows how he's used OEM parts and retro fitted extra from the normal vrs onto his. His must be the only SE with said options.

Certainly the only one on here, so really he has a SSE, super special edition.

Thanks Steve, your bringing a tear to my eye  :sweat:  :D

Not being pedantic or anything, but for the avoidance of doubt and clarification for potential buyers, when you say "extras" can you confirm which ones are factory/dealer fit extras, ie official extras? After all, why are sat nav, xenons, arm rest, and heated seats worth explicit mention but not the splitter, exhaust, darkenened alloys, window deflectors, and black grill? Is it safe to say that all are aftermarket? Just enquiring because I've got an SE and don't remember extras being possible to spec. Just wanted to clarify to potential buyers that "highest spec" doesn't necessarily equate to speccing more options than anyone else from the official brochure. That and stating a price of a million pounds suggests playing hard and fast with the rules.

Glwts

Not wanting to break any rules or annoy anyone, just put this up as a quick feeler to see if anyone is interested in swapping with a mk2. i put a link to my project thread which shows everything that has been done to the car since i bought it so should clear anything up. 

I've also had a few PMs from people where im answering all questions in more detail and giving them all the information they need. 

EDIT: As for extras that you could pick when it was new, it has a few genuine Skoda accessories also such as the boot net and mud flaps.

Edited by hutchysrs50

Guest BigJase88

Do you think?

I SORT OF agree, i remember looking at the mk2 and thinking how ugly it was, then they face lifted and added the Monte and i loved it.

Ive got a mk2 already and enjoying that one has made me want to put all my eggs in once basket if you like, id like another one as a project car to stick a nice big GTB on.

Looking at my previous cars, i've had tones of MK1's now simply because they are a great all round car, i've had a stripped out hybrid one, a daily GTB one, sports petrols etc etc.. so whats the next step?

For me i feel a Mk2 is keeping it similar but just more modern, i like the maxi-dot and satnav features better in the mk2 as well as the looks of the mk2 vrs and monte.

I had a similar problem a few year back when i wanted a Fabia that wasnt a Fabia :D so got an Ibiza FR, only a few years old, low mileage but was awful, worse car ive ever owned!

100%

Its a cheaper built car i would say. Cheap carpets and mats. Just little things like that. My monte has 10k miles and handles like a rattly old spaceship.

The problem is they got the mk1 so right that they couldn't follow it.

The vrs should have been a 2.0l tdi 140 6 speed similar to what was available in the ibiza fr. Then it might have had a chance

Yeah, i noticed the same with the carpet, its sort of like the scrubbers you use to wash the dishes i thought :D sort of hard and the wrong colour also.

and again, the mk2 vrs.... they are pretty worthless IMO! fair enough they put a petrol engine in them... but even that engine is bad! they are well known for failing and using lots of oil. I think thats why the Monte Carlo is so popular.

I thought my mk2 handles ok. its got H&R springs on so its firmer, but still similar to my vrs, mines got 62,000 miles on now so more than yours thats for sure.

Guest BigJase88

Im hoping h&r's improve mine but i feel i might have to uprate the dampers

Them vrs's are worth as much as 2 rolls of sheep ****e an a dead dug

Hi hutchysrs50,

I was wondering whether I could have your number to ask you a few questions about the car? I also have a mk2 Monte Carlo so we might be able to come to some sort of arrangement:) my numbers 07928040469:)

Many thanks

Alex

• Like 1

For now, been offered a mk2 which I think I'll take but no deal has been made as such.

So for now I'm going to lock this and make a proper for sale thread with all the details and its history as this is obviously a poor advert over all, was just a feeler to see what's about and seems it's twisted my arm to sell up so...

Yes it's for sale, but wait for a proper for sale thread.

Grafen23 (Alex) has first refusal for now :)