Twindoor owners - Does your boot pop on the keyfob

Is the boot supposed to pop fully on the keyfob, mines has done it once or twice but most times it just unlocks. 

Just had it into Wings of Peterborough and they stated that it is not meant to open fully but just unlock on the keyfob.

Stubs

The small boot opens on the keyfob press not the hatchback boot.

It's sometimes better than it is others.... It all depends on if the car is on an incline and if so which way and also on how cold it is. When cold it only unlocks it and it very rarely raises.

Also when it does raise its usually quite slow and you have to give it a few seconds sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My answer is as above except to add that it unlocks with a single press of the key BUT opens if you press and hold the button on the key.

My answer is as above except to add that it unlocks with a single press of the key BUT opens if you press and hold the button on the key.

Makes sense - that's same mechanism and operation as my Combi tailgate.

Well mine has struggled since I got it. Does it say the manual that it is is meant to open up not just unlock on the key fob on the key as if it does then the mechanic has lied to me.

Stubs

Well some liberal use of silicon lubrication spray  on the hinges and mechanism and the boot opening on the fob works absolutely fine now. Why could they not have done that when they had the car all day friday.

I can't believe that a Skoda main dealer informed me that the boot does not pop completely open on the fob.

This is the first time I have tried to use the warranty to get something done about a problem I was having and Wings of Peterborough completely failed to live up to my expectations.

If it wasn't for the money I have invested in the car i would take it to a small independent for the 3 year service and MOT in  amonth or 2 rather than a SKoda main dealer.

Stubs

Edited by stubie141258

Provide Skoda UK with some feedback on the performance of one of their franchised dealers here.

Takes less than a minute...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

I will do, I sent a message to the Service Manager at Wings stating how disappointed I was with their either lack of knowledge or lack of customer care. I will, depending on their response, let Skoda know.

Edited by stubie141258
  • Like 1

My 2014 face-lift consistently:-

1) brief press of middle remote button - two bleeps from alarm and boot is unlocked but doesn't pop up.

You can manually open boot or hatch depending on which boot lid button is used (slightly different on facelift).

The rest of the car remains locked.

If you open boot or hatch and the close again then the boot locks and you get a single alarm bleep as the car secures itself.

2) longer press of middle remote button - two bleeps from alarm and boot pops up.

The rest of the car remains locked.

If you close the boot you get a single alarm bleep as the car secures itself.

Edited by bigjohn

Well all credit to Justin Wing of Wings Skoda in responding quickly to my email on the issues with the boot not opening and dash rattle.

I will get his attention when the car is booked in over the next couple of weeks to get to the bottom f my issues.

Stubs