Weird smell

Steven2016

Since I picked the car up on Friday there has always been a stale type of smell. Is there anyway to get rid of this permanently as any air freshner I use seems to only mask it for a few hours

does it come thorough the airvents? there are "car bombs" you can let off in the passenger footwell with air recirculation on which are designed to kill any bacteria which may be lurking in the heater matrix. change your pollen filter at the same time and it should hopefully help.

So here we are. The smell is still lingering a bit, binned the mats that camecame with the car as they looked horrendous. Since I done that the smell has almost disappeared. New mats I replaced them with were only 4 quid from Home Bargains, not too bad quality wise either

Edited by Steven2016

• 2 weeks later...

Since I picked the car up on Friday there has always been a stale type of smell. Is there anyway to get rid of this permanently as any air freshner I use seems to only mask it for a few hours

Another tip is to leave the car running with the heating on as hot as poss and it burns off bacteria in ducts. you may have had something spilt on the mats tho if replacing them helped.

Edited by rossroof

Another tip is to leave the car running with the heating on as hot as poss and it burns off bacteria in ducts. you may have had something spilt on the mats tho if replacing them helped.

It helped somewhat, although in the last week or so the smell has came back, not massively though and if I'm honest it's more when the weather is warmer

Rear door carriers leaking, sound insulation under carpets wet and manky.  I should think.

It's not always obvious that they are leaking, 'cos the water tends to go under everything and only become noticeable when there's absolutely loads in there and it rises up above carpet level.

Rear door carriers leaking, sound insulation under carpets wet and manky. I should think.

It's not always obvious that they are leaking, 'cos the water tends to go under everything and only become noticeable when there's absolutely loads in there and it rises up above carpet level.

Think you're bang on. Noticed the carpet was wet last week. Turns out I'm getting water ingress at rear door seal. Tried to fix myself but couldn't get door card off and didn't want to break any of the clips holding it on.

Think you're bang on. Noticed the carpet was wet last week. Turns out I'm getting water ingress at rear door seal. Tried to fix myself but couldn't get door card off and didn't want to break any of the clips holding it on.

Breaking them is inevitable. Just buy some off eBay and crack on :thumbup:

• Like 1