My new MY17 Monte Carlo Estate

Looks absolutely cracking!

The start/stop system will tend not to cut in if the air con is on or if you haven't travelled far enough. That's the only times I've noticed mine not kicking in but it's quite rare.

You'll love the estate though, I got my monte estate as I've got a baby on the way in November so know how you feel!

Enjoy it!

Glad your pleased with it. Looks great, mate. The manual says the start/stop system relies on so many factors that it may seem identical conditions to you, the driver, but in fact is not underneath.

As far as your smartink goes, we would be happy to help. What phone is it your trying to connect up? (I only know iOS but sure plenty in here can give you a hand with AndroidAuto). :)

My stop/start is very intermittent- some journeys it works, some it doesn't. I think it's to do with my journeys generally being quite short, and it not being able to build up enough charge in the battery to let it work. However, the info page in the 'Car' setting on the radio often says 'energy consumption too high' or whatever, even if everything is off. So I'm not 100% sure on that one. I found that the A/C won't prevent it working if the fan is on 1 or 2, but clicking it round to 3 or 4 will turn the engine back on again.

Re Smartlink- what kind of phone do you have? If it's Android, you need to download the Android Auto app from the Play Store. With my phone (Samsung S7) it took a little while to get it sorted first time round- I had to change the default selection from MirrorLink to Android Auto.

Looks absolutely cracking!

The start/stop system will tend not to cut in if the air con is on or if you haven't travelled far enough. That's the only times I've noticed mine not kicking in but it's quite rare.

You'll love the estate though, I got my monte estate as I've got a baby on the way in November so know how you feel!

Enjoy it!

Concur with the comments above. The stop start doesnt work also when the regen is operating on my Polo but mine is a diesel with a DPF.

If it was built after Week 22 (mid May IIRC?) then it will be! There wasn't much change to the Fabia though, addition of an umbrella holder and the availabilty of a backup camera and adaptive cruise control were the only things I think.

I have no idea what is the build week. I only know that it's been in Finland ower two weeks and hopefully will arrives to the dealer at next week. We don't get any information here.

Hi all!

The start/stop has been working a lot more recently, now ive nearly just 200 miles on her.

I've got the smartlink/andriod auto working now, it just took a few minutes on my lunch break to have a tinker about with it!- only thing annoys me google play only picks up certain music from my phone (not all of it!), and when the phone is connected via bluetooth, it now detects all my music but it is silent when playing? 

I did get sent the MY17 revisions but i seem to have misplaced it, one of the revisions was you can now specify a black center console for free, assuming the red is a bit too much for some people, I wanted to change it to black but it was too late as I had already placed the order for the car

Hi all!

The start/stop has been working a lot more recently, now ive nearly just 200 miles on her.

I've got the smartlink/andriod auto working now, it just took a few minutes on my lunch break to have a tinker about with it!- only thing annoys me google play only picks up certain music from my phone (not all of it!), and when the phone is connected via bluetooth, it now detects all my music but it is silent when playing?

I did get sent the MY17 revisions but i seem to have misplaced it, one of the revisions was you can now specify a black center console for free, assuming the red is a bit too much for some people, I wanted to change it to black but it was too late as I had already placed the order for the car

My red centre console had scratching on it when I picked it up. I mentioned it before signing for it and the dealer said would see what he would do. It was drawn out (with me having to call and remind them) but they didn't refuse too fix it. Once they determined they couldn't fix it the dealer went ahead and ordered a replacement part which, according to him, 'wasn't that expensive.' Just waiting for it to come in now.

What I'm saying is, you could probably pay/ask nicely for them to order in a black one and fit it for you. It can be done, it's just weather they would. :)

Nice car but why is the engine been replaced with a plastic storage box?

That's the new enviro-tech. Box contains BHP concentrate which is diluted by Adblue via a Fnurgle monitoring system. The BHPs are recovered after use and returned to storage, (standard CRuD filter technology as per USS Enterprise). Under lab conditions it produces 237.4bhp and -ve emissions, i.e. it actually cleans up the air around it. At least, that's the VW Group claim, so must be true.

• Like 2

Nice car but why is the engine been replaced with a plastic storage box?

Will look much better when ive got the forge induction kit and BOV under there! much less plastic

If it was built after Week 22 (mid May IIRC?) then it will be! There wasn't much change to the Fabia though, addition of an umbrella holder and the availabilty of a backup camera and adaptive cruise control were the only things I think.

Umbrella holder?! Is this estate only?

Typed on a phone

That's the new enviro-tech. Box contains BHP concentrate which is diluted by Adblue via a Fnurgle monitoring system. The BHPs are recovered after use and returned to storage, (standard CRuD filter technology as per USS Enterprise). Under lab conditions it produces 237.4bhp and -ve emissions, i.e. it actually cleans up the air around it. At least, that's the VW Group claim, so must be true.

LMAO

Umbrella holder?! Is this estate only?

Typed on a phone

It's under the passenger seat, SE and up, from what I can gather on the 'Configuration Summary' bit on the configurator, which is the only bit showing MY17 cars. Instead of the little storage box that's there in earlier Fabias.

It's under the passenger seat, SE and up, from what I can gather on the 'Configuration Summary' bit on the configurator, which is the only bit showing MY17 cars. Instead of the little storage box that's there in earlier Fabias.

Cool, I'll look out for this when mine arrives. Guessing that'll just be for little umbrellas, then... if anyone's got pics of this feel free to post!

Typed on a phone

I wasn't sure about the red, went for it as it was available quickly. Since getting the car (even though mine's an SE without the Monte goodies!) I've really warmed to the colour. My neighbour has a Pacific Blue one, which was the other colour I was looking at, and Corrida Red is definitely better. And really suits the Monte Carlos!

For me, the red interior kind of rules any other colour out. Getting my car tomorrow, finally.

exactly, i liked the race blue, but it just looks odd with the red interior