Quite a few questions

Hi Guys and thanks you for allowing me to join your Superb site.

I have just bought a 2005 Superb 2.5 TDi, Limit 100 Auto and would like a little help with a few niggles:

1/ Bulb Warning light comes on at first, but I have checked all bulbs and seem all good and bright. Even checked puddles, boot etc but no joy.

2/ Parking sensors. When going into reverse i get the 5 second beep, and then no sensors. I have tried the "clicking" test, but none of them tick ?

3/ When I got it, I gave it a full service a few weeks ago, but now has started to come up with "800 to service"

4/ Parking mirror (Left) does not dip. When I first got it, it went up, not down, so followed manual, and now does not dip at all.

5/ What is the key hole for in drivers door, is it to turn off/on fuel cap/boot release.

6/ And finally probably the biggest. When selecting reverse, it stays in reverse the drops out after about 3/4 seconds. Into neutral and back into reverse the same ???

Sorry for a lot of questions, but have done it this way rather than take up lots of posts in forums.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Kev

See if you can  get a stethoscope to listen to the reversing sensors .... I can't hear them without one, but the noise is very clear when using one.

See if you can  get a stethoscope to listen to the reversing sensors .... I can't hear them without one, but the noise is very clear when using one.

Cheers. I will see if I can find one.

Welcome

3/ When I got it, I gave it a full service a few weeks ago, but now has started to come up with "800 to service"

Did you reset the service interval?

4/ Parking mirror (Left) does not dip. When I first got it, it went up, not down, so followed manual, and now does not dip at all.

The mirror knob needs to be in the left mirror position

5/ What is the key hole for in drivers door, is it to turn off/on fuel cap/boot release.

6/ And finally probably the biggest. When selecting reverse, it stays in reverse the drops out after about 3/4 seconds. Into neutral and back into reverse the same ???

The auto boxes are not known for lasting big mileage, how many miles has the box done?

If you haven’t already check for water ingress

• Like 2

Welcome

Did you reset the service interval?

The mirror knob needs to be in the left mirror position

The auto boxes are not known for lasting big mileage, how many miles has the box done?

If you haven’t already check for water ingress

Hi Gizmo

Not sure how to reset service interval. Yes mirror in L position. Mileage is 211k but full service history from Skoda and it is near mint.

On a good point parking sensors sorted, loose wire.

7/ Just another bit I have forgotten. When turning engine on I get six chimes. Its been plugged in to a snap-on with no errors engine and autobox?

You can reset the interval (for fixed servicing) via the dashboard, the handbook should explain how to do this.

@ 211K you have done well if its the original outbox, they usually fail at around half that mileage.

Personally I would get someone with VCDS (there is a list of VCDS owners in my signature) to give it a scan as VCDS tends to find more DTC’s than generic code readers.

• Like 1

Hi Stagecoach,

To reset service interval -

With the ignition to off position:

Press and hold right button on the dashboard.

Switch the ignition to on, do not start the vehicle.

Release, right button.

Now turn button located on the left on dash to the right in clockwise direction.

The service indicator should reset.

I'm pretty sure the chimes you hear are 'warning' you to wear the seat belt. 

• Like 1

Reverse is known problematic on these gearboxes, mine went at 96K; but failure was different... into reverse, foot on brake, car would start "hopping".  VCDS might give more info.

• Like 1

I had a light failure problem when I first got mine.  It turned out to be a brake light bulb where the crimp holding the filament to its pylon had opened a little (presumably age/heat related). When the light bulb was on, the heat made the filament break contact and throw a bulb fault.  Didn't happen every time, which was odd as I'd have thought it should have done it every time or not at all.  Replaced both bulbs at the same time, which resolved it.

Gaz 

• Like 1

Reverse sensors: try taking off the rhs interior trim in the boot, you only need to go about a foot forward of the rear lights, the reverse sensor control module is there. Unplug it, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. It might fix it for a while. I had to do this every 2 weeks or so!

Gearbox: you can try getting the oil drained and replaced.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello . Can any one tell me what is it the key hole on the drivers door please ! Also what is it the red interior lights on the sunroof switch panel and how folding mirrors work it ! I can move them from the swith but after unloking my car they not come back in normal position !

If your mirrors are stuck in the in position, take the battery off for at least an hour. When you put it back on, they will work again.

The key switch is to disable the internal boot opening switch. ie means the boot is then secure even if someone breaks the window. 

• Like 2