Jacking up the Yeti

Clive

22 hours ago, Dale_Stevens said:

Swapped my alloys over with a spare set fitted with Goodyear Vector 4Seasons today.

On one side of the car I'd already marked the jacking triangle points with chalk the other day...

104879101_Jack1.thumb.jpeg.30d88aba1818ad64ee91f208ad303bb0.jpeg

The rear triangle marker happens is to be about the same distance from the rear wheel arch as the standard Skoda wheel brace..

494793256_Jack2.thumb.jpeg.fb6b69c519a2d0832116e6c3f64e7dc1.jpeg

652556754_Jack3.thumb.jpeg.e48e7dc38bc7db8cf400b2af6e1f25ea.jpeg

Good choice of lifting kit.

Why have a spare set of wheels with Goodyear Vector 4seasons on? They're not "proper" winter tyres, but do what it says on the rim :dry: I use mine all year and have been fine in sun, mud and snow.

btw: have you noticed the seam sealer crushed by naughty jacking in a previous life, with signs of cracking, possible metal exposure. If you want to keep the car, might be a job for the warmer months of the year to investigate?

1 hour ago, Yety said:

Good choice of lifting kit.

Why have a spare set of wheels with Goodyear Vector 4seasons on? They're not "proper" winter tyres, but do what it says on the rim :dry: I use mine all year and have been fine in sun, mud and snow.

btw: have you noticed the seam sealer crushed by naughty jacking in a previous life, with signs of cracking, possible metal exposure. If you want to keep the car, might be a job for the warmer months of the year to investigate?

Well I wanted some tyres more suitable for the occasional snow we might have but not full winter snow tyres, and there's no point disposing of my perfectly good summer tyres that have plenty of tread left.   Having acquired a 2nd hand set of alloys at a decent price it made sense to put all seasons on them. I'll swap back to the normal tyres in spring. It'll help keep my original alloys in decent condition and both sets of tyres will share the wear.

Edited by Dale_Stevens