Latest series of terrorist attacks

I still think for War Zones and areas of Conflict the World Leaders Families & Royal Families should be the ones to live openly in that country.

Obama & David Cameron's Family should have been resident in Syria before the USA & UK stated supporting killing the innocent.

The Clinton or Trump Family children and Grandchildren and the Windsor Family should be put to live in Cities where the UN wages war 

on the innocent.

Then leaders families of those also from the other countries supporting conflict.

?

Does anyone else find the Jeremy Corbyn happy clappy followers that are always around him scary?

UKIP, Conservatives, BNP / NF are clearly menacing in appearance and behaviour, but sections of the Labour party crowd are just like some sort Cult Followers IMO.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

We've got to get to the root cause of these terrorism acts - extreme Islam. You don't see terrorism from Catholics, Hindus, Protestants, Sikhs, Jains or Buddhists. Islam is the common denominator. Ban the practice of Islam on our shores, pull down the mosques, close down faith schools (of all denomination). If people want to practice extreme religion, let them do it on their shores not ours.

Personally I'm an advocate of banning ALL religion; it has no place in our modern world.

You get terrorist acts from many different religious groups, including the one you listed.

Northern Ireland?

Kashmir?

Burma?

Sri Lanka?

• Like 2

?

Does anyone else find the Jeremy Corbyn happy clappy followers that are always around him scary?

UKIP, Conservatives, BNP / NF are clearly menacing in appearance and behaviour, but sections of the Labour party crowd are just like some sort Cult Followers IMO.

Yes they are well scary. Labour is a dead party walking now, unfit for government so it's just as well they're unelectable outside their own cult. Unfortunately that leaves us without any moderate opposition to a very right wing government.

When dealing with Government you have to member that you Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Which means that should you wish for suspected terrorists to be detained without charge you can expect people who are not terrorists to started to be detained without charge. And you may wish for a more moderate rule of law should you become one of those unjustly detained without charge with no recourse in law to appeal.

We didn't panic when the IRA were active so there is no need to panic now.

What is needed is more money and a kick up the arse for the intelligence services. More money to the immigration services and a speedier resolution to those who have no right to remain here. And probably just as importantly a major improvement in mental health services since a great many of these people carrying out attacks are ill people led astray.

What we'll get will the a broad sweeping 'anti-terrorist' power which will be used for everything from fly tipping to tax evasion and a massive increase in the surveillance state which will lead to a raft of petty fines for thought crime and crimes against recycling.

You get terrorist acts from many different religious groups, including the one you listed.

Northern Ireland?

Kashmir?

Burma?

Sri Lanka?

Not invading our shores you don't! Even the IRA seem to be confining their activity (such as it is) to their own country.

So I'm wrong, am I, in stating that ALL recent terrorist activity in Europe & the UK is the work of extreme Muslims? Don't think so!

Edited by vRSgone

Small Point.  Great Britain & Northern Ireland,  = The UK.

They did commit murderous acts on Mainland Britain and they were and are in the UK still on mainland Britain.

Lots of former terrorists (but you are never former you are a terrorist for ever) originally from NI living in Scotland right now, some quite openly..

Some Terrorist Governing Northern Ireland presently.

Islam is more than just a religion. Just like Christianity was before the Enlightment, it is a way of life. A way that is vastly different than the western one. As a result, muslims are much more difficult to integrate in our western societies. Rather, they are usually sidelined and form the lower social class of the host country. During prosperous times, their problems are well hidden, but in our present troubled times some of them can be lured to radicalisation.

My view is that multicultural societies are a mistake - especially when there are so great differences between cultures - and these attacks highlight the mistake. Now, it's too late to undo it, I don't know what can be done. France has more than six million muslims, Germany more than four.

And likely much more than the 3 million that UK Government Statistics might give.

But who cares, because Muslims are not a problem.

Nutters and Terrorists are the issue,.

Warmonger Governments and Companies that love war and wealth and power.

• Like 2

The issue here is that a very small minority have a different interpretation of what Islam stands for.

As Islam is a growing religion it is inevitable there will be an increase in these attacks

To conclude that they are not muslims is just short sighted, Christianity has also had extreme ideology in the past.

Carpet bombing the middle east won't fix it either.

• Like 2

There is no easy answer to this, there isn't really even an enemy to bomb.

Some of the people who will attack are hiding in plain sight. Go watch Four Lions, it's satire but very close to the truth.

Many other who will attack are mentally ill, they might be being guided by others but some will just be guided by the voices in their heads.

There is no way to identify many of these people with ruining the lives of everyone by excessive surveillance. Do you think the government on granting itself Gestapo-like powers will only use these for counter terrorism and not for persecuting everyone for anything it wants? I'd suggest the governments track record on this is pretty poor already.

I think you'll be safe, honestly ! The western countries, at the moment, haven't got the resources to constantly surveil, with number one eyeball, all the bods in country, let alone when they take "Foreign holidays" If the 3,000 on the BRI watchlist in France is representative of other western countries  (In fact, from recall, we have a larger number on the UK lists) then, collectively, we've got a real problem, that threatens the way of life in this country. And the only way to effectively deal with that, as in Wartime, is to intern or deport or disappear these buggers, as the most economic and less stringent alternative, electronic surveillance, can be avoided by dropping off the grid, as was reported above.

And whilst  the Neo liberal elite and their followers are safely eschonced on their off-shore gin palaces, counting their criminally gotten pension money (There's another subversion of a religion), and letting the rest of the population on the mainland take the terrorism hit, they won't be approving or contributing to the extra tax revenue necessary to increase the manned surveillance force.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

The issue here is that a very small minority have a different interpretation of what Islam stands for.

As Islam is a growing religion it is inevitable there will be an increase in these attacks

To conclude that they are not muslims is just short sighted, Christianity has also had extreme ideology in the past.

Carpet bombing the middle east won't fix it either.

If the right target was chosen, I think you'll find it would.

Nick

Islam is more than just a religion. Just like Christianity was before the Enlightment, it is a way of life. A way that is vastly different than the western one. As a result, muslims are much more difficult to integrate in our western societies. Rather, they are usually sidelined and form the lower social class of the host country. During prosperous times, their problems are well hidden, but in our present troubled times some of them can be lured to radicalisation.

My view is that multicultural societies are a mistake - especially when there are so great differences between cultures - and these attacks highlight the mistake. Now, it's too late to undo it, I don't know what can be done. France has more than six million muslims, Germany more than four.

All these religions are at best just psychological crutches for the weak minded who don't want to take personal responsibility for their own action and, at worst, sanctified gangs, the members of whom, from my experience, once the've got their feet under the table, just use them as a vehicle for personal promotion, sane or insane.

In my view, for people seeking citizenship swearing an oath of allegiance to HMQ is just a joke

They should have to sign an agreement (Dare I say memorandum of understanding) that they and their family members undertake to integrate with the prevailing culture to the benefit of the country and the extent of integration could be assessed and measured by HMG after a fixed period of residence against various parameters e.g. competence in language, knowledge of history, economic status and contribution, membership of social institutions, circle of acquaitances and continued residence determined from the outcome of the assessment.

Nick

• Like 1

If the right target was chosen, I think you'll find it would.

Nick

really, how many innocent people do you kill to get the one you are after.

I know if i was out there and my family were killed by this method, it would motivate me to get revenge

Carpet bombing is a strategy in a conventional war, this is a much more complicated issue

• Like 2

I think you'll be safe, honestly ! The western countries, at the moment, haven't got the resources to constantly surveil, with number one eyeball, all the bods in country, let alone when they take "Foreign holidays" If the 3,000 on the BRI watchlist in France is representative of other western countries.

Nick

Correct in that they don't have resources however they'll make you pay for the intrusions into your own life via your phone bill. they simply mandate the collection of the data onto the telecoms companies.

MI5/6, CIA simply take a copy

really, how many innocent people do you kill to get the one you are after.

I know if i was out there and my family were killed by this method, it would motivate me to get revenge

Carpet bombing is a strategy in a conventional war, this is a much more complicated issue

You just  leaflet the locals prior to the attack telling what was going to happen and to get out - if the terrorists prevented evacuation, then reaction/resentment from the population would focus on them. And, where possible, cordon the facility/town/city with friendlies to capture any escaping rats and to tend to the needs of the genuine refugees.

Nick

Nick

Correct in that they don't have resources however they'll make you pay for the intrusions into your own life via your phone bill. they simply mandate the collection of the data onto the telecoms companies.

MI5/6, CIA simply take a copy

Ok - what's worse to constantly run the risk of being macheted or blown-up in the course of everyday life or have some bit twiddler listening to your domestic calls - if they are anything like mine, the surveillance operative will be getting the Webley out for a bit of self immolation after a few weeks of listening.

Nick

They say bradford has a few, so maybe just carpet bomb all of bradford?

I mean that'll sort it out right?

(Note - This Sarcasm and pointing out just how daft the idea of carpet bombing is, not a solution)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14529243

Careful, what you wish for.

Certainly, applicable to Mosul, as its likely to save lives of ground troops, and Raqqa must be hit to remove the HQ.

Nick

We've got to get to the root cause of these terrorism acts - extreme Islam. You don't see terrorism from Catholics, Jews, Hindus, Protestants, Sikhs, Jains or Buddhists. Islam is the common denominator. Ban the practice of Islam on our shores, pull down the mosques, close down faith schools (of all denomination). If people want to practice extreme religion, let them do it on their shores not ours.

Personally I'm an advocate of banning ALL religion; it has no place in our modern world.

If you take away their only purpose in life do you really think that will help? The smart money is no it will make things a lot worse. We need to keep our noses firmly out because recent history has told us that we just make things a lot worse, don't give politicians anymore reason to bang on the war drum unless they are willing to put themselves on the frontline.

You just leaflet the locals prior to the attack telling what was going to happen and to get out - if the terrorists prevented evacuation, then reaction/resentment from the population would focus on them. And, where possible, cordon the facility/town/city with friendlies to capture any escaping rats and to tend to the needs of the genuine refugees.

Nick

Nick

Wtf? Are you just trolling now?

• Like 3

DWP and HMRC uses Experian and others to check Those on tax credits and Housing benefits and have call centyres in Dundee and Reading with computer with kids checking Facebook and other Social media for Relationship status etc. Also loyalty cards for halfords, wickes etc for people on the grip

The UK spends big on benefit fraud or catching some and have the ability to monitor plenty.

Not invading our shores you don't! Even the IRA seem to be confining their activity (such as it is) to their own country.

So I'm wrong, am I, in stating that ALL recent terrorist activity in Europe & the UK is the work of extreme Muslims? Don't think so!

There are still plenty of European terrorist groups. Admittedly less active than 5+ years ago, but still active.

Although it may seem like there's been more attacks by Islam extremists, we're still a long way from hitting the levels of the ira, eta etc so far.

Which has nothing really to do with anything.

Even if on you can cut one off and Duck Tape a tag to a dog, or even a duck and leave it in your home or out to wonder about the streets.

Now an implant connected to the brain and the heart that kills if you have any bad thoughts of killing anyone might be an idea.

Volkswagen / Bosch could maybe develop it because you can trust their IT.

I have seen the Movies, it is the future..... Great car chases.

WTF?

I'm struggling to decode this one George