It's Ordered!

Ooh Poo! the order for my Superb Estate 1.6 Tdi SE Technology DSG in Business Grey Metallic has only gone in today, was hoping to have it for Christmas but looks unlikely.

Hi, I ordered mid August (190 SEL Exec DSG) and was quoted 16-20 weeks delivery which would be mid Dec to mid Jan. Spoke to the dealer this week who checked and built date is not known yet.

Hi Speeedman,

Give Skoda UK a ring.

Telephone number is 03330 03 7504 , press option 4.Give them your order number and ask for a build and delivery date.

They'll be happy to give them to you. 

• Like 1

Hi Speeedman,

Give Skoda UK a ring.

Telephone number is 03330 03 7504 , press option 4.Give them your order number and ask for a build and delivery date.

They'll be happy to give them to you. 

Hi, thanks for this. I have just phoned them and they have said that my build date is currently set as week 2, 2017. That's a long time for a mid-august order but they have advised that it actual date will be set in a about a week and it may be sooner as they aim to build all cars within 14 weeks of order. Week 2, 2017 would be about 21 weeks. Using their 14 week max it should be built week commencing 22nd November.

Hi, thanks for this. I have just phoned them and they have said that my build date is currently set as week 2, 2017. That's a long time for a mid-august order but they have advised that it actual date will be set in a about a week and it may be sooner as they aim to build all cars within 14 weeks of order. Week 2, 2017 would be about 21 weeks. Using their 14 week max it should be built week commencing 22nd November.

Hi,

Hopefully, your car will be built earlier than the 14 weeks. 

I had a call from my Skoda dealer in Cardiff yesterday and she confirmed build week 40, so that's 10 weeks from order.

With a bit of luck your car will have the same lead time.

Best of luck. 

As I have previously posted, I have on order a 220 L&K DSG estate, with a load of goodies.  I ordered it on 11 July and was initially told that it would be built week beginning 25 September (this week).  Having heard nothing, I called the dealer last week and was told that it was confirmed as the first week of October (next week).  I asked when I could collect (I will have to travel 400 miles to collect), and was told 1 November.  As I have to book a train ticket, I want to get a cheapy so was going to book now.  Reading the info on this thread I think 4 weeks from build to collect may be a bit "sporty", so what does the panel think?

I don't have an order number and have not been on the dealers back as I thought they would have nothing to say on which I could hang my hat!  Please don't take that as a negative against the dealer as they have not done anything to upset me.

As I have previously posted, I have on order a 220 L&K DSG estate, with a load of goodies.  I ordered it on 11 July and was initially told that it would be built week beginning 25 September (this week).  Having heard nothing, I called the dealer last week and was told that it was confirmed as the first week of October (next week).  I asked when I could collect (I will have to travel 400 miles to collect), and was told 1 November.  As I have to book a train ticket, I want to get a cheapy so was going to book now.  Reading the info on this thread I think 4 weeks from build to collect may be a bit "sporty", so what does the panel think?

I don't have an order number and have not been on the dealers back as I thought they would have nothing to say on which I could hang my hat!  Please don't take that as a negative against the dealer as they have not done anything to upset me.

Hi pilkers,

When I called SUK I gave them my order number and they didn't recognize it.

The young lady took my name, the dealer's name and the model and colour of my car.

She found the car, gave me all the information and also gave me the proper order number.

If I were you, I would give them a call, tell them you have no order number and they will search it out for you.

you will then have a definitive date for build and delivery. 

03330 03 7504

Good luck :happy:

I must have been incredibly lucky with my order.

I ordered on 17th July and car was at the dealers in 8 weeks.

Picking it up Saturday as have a 5 hour train journey to get it.

Mine's an SEL diesel Estate with only a few options so probably explains the quick turnaround.

Sympathise with your delays - 5 weeks from build date to collection sounds excessive.

Evening all.

Thought I should share the timings of my order.

Spec is.

2.0tDi 150 SE L Exec. Estate.

Candy white paint

Panoramic sunroof

18” Modus alloys

Keyless entry

Leather upholstery

LED package

Travel assist

Canton sound

Rear camera

Sun visors

Ordered 18th August

Originally given build week 42 BUT advised today that the build week is going to be week 45 now.

Was hoping for December handover but seems unlikely if delivery times are 6-8 weeks from build date.

Reading through these items the difference in build/delivery times is vast - I am just coming up to 7 weeks since ordering and SUK won't know a build date until next week. Strange how they arrange these things - could be that I have gone for an SEL Exec with lots of options (don't like leather seats!) but that's only my guess.

It will all depend on what you have ordered as they have specific parts they need to order to get to the factory at the right time. A basic order of a less popular engine and trim package without any extras might be a quick turnaround, even within a few weeks if one was built for stock. A popular combination of trim and engine with lots of options will more than likely lengthen the lead time quite a bit.

Ian

Ordered yesterday a fully tricked-out L&K 220 TSI sedan in magic brown (sans moonroof). Now counting the days. According to the dealer it should be here this year since the delay is always with the moonroof... Fingers crossed etc :)

Hi,

Ordered my Sportline 150ps Tdi on August 15th, given build week 37. Car arrived at the dealer yesterday & i am collecting on Monday, the dealer kindly sent me some pics of it with the white wrapping still on it. 6 weeks from order to collection is quick compared to what most of you have had to wait. :clap:

In relation to the various differences in build dates, could it have anything to do with the market destination? So for SUK, they wait until they have a fixed number of orders, perhaps 100, before that market is next on the production line? That way shipment of the finished product is still in the one direction and destination, less hassle. So the guy who orders on the 1st of a month has to wait for another 99 orders before his is made?

In Ireland the pressure is on now for january 2017 plates so other countries might not get the same priority?

Just a thought but could be completely wrong

Edited by BennyS3

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the car on Friday and I've been driving around in since. Can't get out of it.

I'm going to tape up Rainmaker's advise on running in so hope to put some mileage on her in the next few weeks. 

Happy, happy chappie :clap:

My 1st post

Just ordered today on business lease a 2.0tdi dsg L@K in business grey. Hopefully better than my current seat leon mk3 fr184

Welcome!  That's sounds great  I think you'll find it quite a leap in terms of comfort and refinement compared to the Seat.  It will be a more relaxed ride of course and you might lose some of the fun on the corners etc but overall a very different car.

• Like 1