VCDS Light Assist Mod Not Working

A warning to anyone doing this - I wrote the instructions clearly for HBA, please make sure you follow them to the letter.....

Failure to do so, even getting 1 bit/byte incorrect can cause CATASTROPHIC errors across multiple modules!!

Believe me I know, when we work out these things it very rarely goes right first time!

I'm working on autohold at the minute and changing 1 byte triggered errors across almost every ecu which wasn't fixed by just changing it back........

I'm working on autohold at the minute and changing 1 byte triggered errors across almost every ecu which wasn't fixed by just changing it back........

Awesome, are you talking about hillhold? It would be good to extend the time it holds the car in place.

Edited by mabnz

Awesome, are you talking about hillhold? It would be good to extend the time it holds the car in place.

Autohold is like hill hold but holds the car indefinitely until your ready.

The problem is on a golf it holds it for something like 3 mins then engages the EPB.

It's probably this reason that I so far cannot code autohold without coding the car for EPB - I get Autohold errors and handbrake motor errors.

I will keep trying but may need to accept that unless you can install the handbrake motors, EPB switch and Autohold switch it's just not possible.

• Like 1

Autohold is like hill hold but holds the car indefinitely until your ready.

The problem is on a golf it holds it for something like 3 mins then engages the EPB.

It's probably this reason that I so far cannot code autohold without coding the car for EPB - I get Autohold errors and handbrake motor errors.

I will keep trying but may need to accept that unless you can install the handbrake motors, EPB switch and Autohold switch it's just not possible.

Ah. In terms of the vRS I don't think it has autohold, does it?

A warning to anyone doing this - I wrote the instructions clearly for HBA, please make sure you follow them to the letter.....

Failure to do so, even getting 1 bit/byte incorrect can cause CATASTROPHIC errors across multiple modules!!

Believe me I know, when we work out these things it very rarely goes right first time!

Success! The bit that's missing from the original instructions is "clear the error codes afterwards" - that was what had made the difference.

In regard to the long coding for A5 Byte 2, I had tried 01 and 02 previously with no success. I chose 2 because it seemed more appropriate for my car spec. This is what the options in the Beta version of VCDS show me;

Screenshot%202016-08-13%2012.50.28.png

I've set it to 01 now, but my vRS has Dynamic Light Assist. Is this now disabled?

Success! The bit that's missing from the original instructions is "clear the error codes afterwards" - that was what had made the difference.

In regard to the long coding for A5 Byte 2, I had tried 01 and 02 previously with no success. I chose 2 because it seemed more appropriate for my car spec. This is what the options in the Beta version of VCDS show me;

Screenshot%202016-08-13%2012.50.28.png

I've set it to 01 now, but my vRS has Dynamic Light Assist. Is this now disabled?

You should always clear error codes!

Your vRS does not have DLA, it isn't available on the O3.