West Meon Hut #42 - Tuesday 6th September

How has it got to this? A non Skoda owner assuming responsibility for the administration duties for the Skoda West Meon meet.

Well here it goes:

Are you stuck for something to do on the first Tuesday of every month?

Do you drive a Citigo with a very loud exhaust that can keep up with anything?

Do you enjoy eating burgers (subject to availability and the pub actually being open for business)?

Then why not come and join a great, welcoming bunch of regulars and frequent newcomers.

Tuesday 6th September, 19:00 onwards at the West Meon Pub, GU32 1JX.

(People seem to arrive from 18:30 onwards).

Everyone welcome... even Skoda owners!

Who knows, Lee may even come along.

Edited by austenw90
  • Like 4

How has it got to this? A non Skoda owner assuming responsibility for the administration duties for the Skoda West Meon meet.

Well here it goes:

Are you stuck for something to do on the first Tuesday of every month?

Do you drive a Citigo with a very loud exhaust that can keep up with anything?

Do you enjoy eating burgers (subject to availability and the pub actually being open for business)?

Then why not come and join a great, welcoming bunch of regulars and frequent newcomers.

Tuesday 6th September, 19:00 onwards at the West Meon Pub, GU32 1JX.

(People seem to arrive from 18:30 onwards).

Everyone welcome... even Skoda owners!

Who knows, Lee may even come along.

Will see if I can make it along in September!

• Like 2

Allow another non Skoda owner be the first to reply to said posting from our now acting administrator, I shall indeed be in attendance once again! :hi:

Maybe people struggle to keep up with our Japanese reliability.

Apart from David's Citigo VRS. That thing will keep up with anything.

Edited by austenw90
  • Like 2

Maybe people struggle to keep up with our Japanese reliability.

Apart from David's Citigo VRS. That thing will keep up with anything.

I need to experience the might that is the Citigo VRS!!

Also nice to see David eat an entire meal this time, Thought we where going to be reaching for the kid's menu at one point, Such a slender lad, maybe he keeps his weight down to increase the power to weight ratio when in the aforementioned Citigo???

• Like 2

I need to experience the might that is the Citigo VRS!!

Also nice to see David eat an entire meal this time, Thought we where going to be reaching for the kid's menu at one point, Such a slender lad, maybe he keeps his weight down to increase the power to weight ratio when in the aforementioned Citigo???

If you call Pancakes and Ice cream a meal! I don't expect Two Burger Tony would approve :)

• Like 2

Can we check the Pub will be open for this meet please? :P

Then again I would hope a kitchen refurb wouldn't take a whole month!

David we could ask for some of their old work surfaces and fashion some makeshift ramps with them for the carpark

• Like 1

You have to keep it now Austen, it'll turn into an appreciating classic!!

I'm not sure with the mileage it'll have on it once I'm finished.

Turbos are the way forward and you know it ;)

I'm not sure, Turbo's don't offer the same driving experience and are expensive to replace!

I'm not sure with the mileage it'll have on it once I'm finished.

I'm not sure, Turbo's don't offer the same driving experience and are expensive to replace!

Yeah to be fair my mates Clio rs200 was an amazing drive especially as it revved to 8krpm however there was just no power below 5krpm so wasn't great for sudden acceleration. I can see the positive and negatives of both :)

I'll tell you what is a shame... The turbo engines they have put in the new porches to replace the flat 6s. Just sound awful :/

Yeah to be fair my mates Clio rs200 was an amazing drive especially as it revved to 8krpm however there was just no power below 5krpm so wasn't great for sudden acceleration. I can see the positive and negatives of both :)

I'll tell you what is a shame... The turbo engines they have put in the new porches to replace the flat 6s. Just sound awful :/

I think it's a matter of what you get used to driving. When I drive a turbo'd car now it feels quick low down to a point and I'm like woah I haven't experienced this in a while. But NA engines with at least half decent power give you much smoother delivery. There is also the sound thing. Not only does a 3 cylinder Fiesta Ecoboost (for example) sound rubbish, it also doesn't delivery decent real world economy. They aren't much better than my Swift on fuel and they are designed with the sole intention of being economical!