Goodyear eagle f1 asymetetric 3 my thought

This we I made again the same trip, about 150km hightway at 130km/h and 70km country and uphill mostly at 90km/h. Last time the front right wheel was off balance by the shop that fitted the tyres. I had theme rebalanced and this time the computer gave me 7l/100 going and 7.1l/100 on the way back. Amazing... These tyres do magic. I use the regulator all the way.

Edited by nickytheshaft

Can't really fault the as3 on my VRS other than the lack of rim protection ... Perform exactly the same as the contisport2 that were on it before just less protection. Possibly a bit more sticky in the dry but not by much, doubt I will see them out as my contisport2s did 9k on the front and the car may well get chopped in before these wear out

• 2 weeks later...

To wrap it up, more comfort, better handeling, low road noise and fuel efficient, these tyres are a 100℅ go for. And for the price you can't go wrong.

Thanks for posting. I'm facing a tyre change for next season (I cannot stand my contis sport contact 2). I had my eyes on Goodyear f1 a2/a3 already and what you report is just kind of a feedback I need!

Cheers!

I just put a pair of F1 A3s on the front of my wagon. Made quite a bit of difference with road noise. Will be looking at the same for the rear too. Hopefully that reduces the overall noise in the cabin even more. 

Got mine from black circles for a great price.

• 1 month later...

Just put the as3 on the rears to replace the pzeroes. What a difference. So much quieter from the back end and a much smoother ride with better grip. I'll do my fronts a soon as I can afford it.

• Like 2

Just replaced a pair of AS2's after 26K on the front wheels with 4 new AS3's and i have to say they are just as good.

minimal road noise and very grippy in dry and wet weather.

with regards to rim protection, my 18" Golus alloy will tell you they are not up to the job. Wife just kerbed it this morning on the school run  :envy:

Reading this one with intrest as I was thinking of going for a set of these on my vRS, but after reading about the lack of rim protection I am having second thoughts. Are there any other tyres out there at 67db with good rim protection that are any good, only ones I have found are Sava Intensa UHP and Dunlop sport Max RT which Nickytheshaft say they were very noisy. I have had the Sava's on my old Vectra Gsi and they were very quiet compared to previous Good year Eagle NCT.

Problems problems.

Having a full set fitted to the Superb on Friday. Can't wait. They've got the wrong rating Landsail LS988 on at the moment and horrifically noisy, slidey and crashy. Bloody awful things, why anyone would fit them is beyond me!

Having ran F1A2 on previous Superb twindoor, it'll be an interesting comparison.

just had the new Falken azenis fk 510 on mine with 17' wheels they havent bended in yet  but the tires are already seriously quiter than the pirellis P7-as for the rim protector is the same as the pirellis, existent but not something special.