brake pad warning light

Hi all,

My brake pad warning lights has been coming on intermittently for a few weeks. Ive changed the fluid and replaced all pads and discs.

It still comes on intermittently.

Has anyone seen this before?

The wires from the pads are not connecting properly , the connector on the hub if dirty can give false readings , I think I 'm right in saying if not connecting or unplugged from the loom  then warning lights come on.

The wiring could be damaged also, and go open circuit when you turn the wheels which brings on the light. I have had to cut the piece of wire out before and replace it.

The cable is 4 core, 2 for the ABS sensor and 2 for the brake pad wear sensor. The wear sensor can be shorted out to stop it being a nuisance.

Had the same issues and it was the plug where the fault was.

Got a new plug from skoda for a very small cost. Be warned it just the plug and it doesn't come with the connections inside. My connections inside the plug were also broken.

They are special connections so if your changing the plug make sure you get these also.

The wiring could be damaged also, and go open circuit when you turn the wheels which brings on the light. I have had to cut the piece of wire out before and replace it.

The cable is 4 core, 2 for the ABS sensor and 2 for the brake pad wear sensor. The wear sensor can be shorted out to stop it being a nuisance.

wear sensor how do you shorted it out,my one is snaped in side the cable were the 4 are,just stuck new pads on last week so I no that's ok just that light on dash lol

I have had mine coded out,i bought some Tarox pad's with wire's but no plug's.Light came on and was left until i had some more time to fit the plug.

But was coded out instead.

Like above easy to check by a look down.remember if the outside pad looks low,the inside one will be even lower ;)

Get it coded out ;)

Thats a good point chaps.

My car gets a service every 10k so along with anything additions needed inbetween. Just replaced all discs and pads as the rears were low and the discs had a bit of a lip all round.

Might look into coding it out as ive a friend with vcds