vRS diesel to vRS petrol?

Mr OCD

Enjoy.

Worth buying the Warranty available from Skoda.

Maybe under £300 for 12 months. By then you will know if it is a good one, if not you have that Warranty as a back up.

The warranty that comes with car includes 12 months wear and tear so is of higher standard than Skodas when compared. Once it runs out I'll look at main dealer warranty for sure.

This is the warranty:

http://www.glynnandrewscarsales.co.uk/pages/warranty

Good on the Warranty.

If ever you did need it and they say after the diagnostics are done,, 'Known Issue', then it was known when they provided cover and known by Skoda, VW, Seat & Audi.

(After all out of less than 2,900 Mk2 vRS Twinchargers in the UK, 100's required engines replaced, 

so any Warranty provider must be aware of the very high percentage of failures and the risk.

they should know that even replacement engines have failed.)

This is often the reason that Warranty providers then get a deal with VW to cover the cost of work.

But that not important if all is well, but it is good to be aware.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

My long term average is 33.5mpg, and I don't hang about. Highest ever was 46mpg on a 260mi motorway cruise (70-80mph) and if it's a really short journey expect about 25mpg.

Cheers.

Just done a 110 mile drive home with a mix of A roads and motorway ... 42 mpg which will do! :)

I sold my mk1 special edition for a mk2 1.6 TDI elegance.

They are very different cars, they feel huge when you first get them, windscreen and dash goes on for ever, feels like you sit quite high up compared to a mk1 as well.

However, I love my mk2! It's around 130 - 140bhp and doesn't have the low down instant grunt of the mk1 so if your wanting to match performance figures I wouldn't get the 1.6 TDI. If you think 140bhp will be enough then go for it but it's not for me, I'm looking at other options to improve that.

The CR engines do generally behave more like a petrol than a PD anyway. The CR's you have to rev more to get the power where as the PD's are all low down grunt. 

Yeah it took me a while to get used to teh dash on the mk2. It feels like you're surrounded by it. I like it now though and the mk1 feels poxy and strange compared. 

• Like 1

The CR engines do generally behave more like a petrol than a PD anyway. The CR's you have to rev more to get the power where as the PD's are all low down grunt.

Yeah it took me a while to get used to teh dash on the mk2. It feels like you're surrounded by it. I like it now though and the mk1 feels poxy and strange compared.

Totally agree. I own a Scirocco with a 2.0 CR (177) Diesel engine ... it really does drive like a petrol car. But it's much more refined in its delivery compared to a PD Diesel engine and I do prefer it. It does mean though despite being mapped to circa 205bhp it doesn't actually feel as quick as the old mapped PD in the vRS. Although the speedo tells another story ...

In other news the Wife has done 250 miles in the new vRS now and I think is pretty smitten about it ... she understands it won't have the low end grunt of the PD and that she needs to rev it, but the DSG really helps with this and makes it easy...

... only once has she gone for the clutch so far and hit the brake ... :D

We want to fit a head unit with Bluetooth - any ideas? Preferably factory fit not aftermarket.

Oh yeah, I completely agree with it.

I always said I'd get another mk1 as a toy...

Now I'm stuck with two mk2's and both are toys now! The mk1 will just feel old for me now.

If you stop and you press the foot brake hard enough it holds you for 2 seconds as you go from brake to accelerator.

Just as simple as that. 

If you are stopped at the lights and the road is level you might just touch the brake lightly and not have Hill Hold Assist, but if on a slope use it.

Or maybe opt to use the Hand Brake.

• Like 1

If you stop and you press the foot brake hard enough it holds you for 2 seconds as you go from brake to accelerator.

Just as simple as that. 

If you are stopped at the lights and the road is level you might just touch the brake lightly and not have Hill Hold Assist, but if on a slope use it.

Or maybe opt to use the Hand Brake.

Ok thanks, I've been waiting for the green indicator to light up on dash to tell me hill hold is activated. It seems to come on randomly when I come to a stop. i.e. Can't seem to activate it. 

But if need to press the brake hard to activate then explains it.

Done 400 miles on the car now ... it's been spot on. :)

• Like 1

Interesting George - I top up when it reaches halfway and approx. 250 / 300ml takes it back to the top. Another member on here - it might have been Ally Baseman when he had his - said his took approx. 500ml top to bottom.

I've used 2L over 4,100 miles (since the last service) but that's a lot of short trips.

Edited by Brian69

This one has gone from the top of A to approx 5mm under it in 450 miles ... not a lot TBH.

I think it's been overfilled slightly. It is now at top of marks on stick so will monitor.

Edited by Mr OCD

So how much oil have you put in to bring it to that level?

Dip it in the morning when cold if the car is on the flat and tell me where the oil is.

It should be above the Crosshatch area.

Then if you open the drivers door, put the key in, start the engine and stop it right away, then dip it again.  the level then might be just below the top of the cross hatch.

Same level as a hot check. 

That is the Jabozuma check.

Edited by GoneOffSKi