Kodiaq spec sheet

ZacDaMan72

Not being marketed as an offroad vehicle is it, just some of them will be available with part time all wheel drive.

Certainly not trail ready as Jeep advertise.

Just big heavy lumps without any articulation would make it suitable for adverse weather conditions and tracks.

Break over angle and clearance and Unladen weights will be interesting to see.

Lets see what standard tyre fitments and options are.

EDIT.

I see 'clearance at kerb weight' now in the spec sheet.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure I have this right, but it looks like the 2500kg towing capacity only applies to the 5 seater. The figures in brackets suggest that the 7 seater can only pull 2000kg which is less than my 2100kg limit for my FL 170 Yeti. Disappointing if true....

This does not mention 5/7 seater versions,

The ŠKODA KODIAQ with the TDI/DSG/4×4 drivetrain can tow a trailer weighing up to 2.5 tonnes. An electrically retractable tow bar is available for this.

Hi Ernieb,

If you look at the third page of the petrol and diesel specification sheets it highlights that figures in brackets apply to the 7 seat version and for the higher power diesel 4x4 models the max towing weight drops from 2500kg to a paltry 2000kg.

Unfortunately the same (or thereabouts) is also true for the Discovery Sport which has a lower towing limit with more seats or auto/ manual gearbox (can't remember which!). Whilst it kinda makes sense you'd expect larger families to need a larger trailer/ caravan especially since you lose so much boot space with the extra 2 seats in use! Counter intuitive and a bar to Kodiaq ownership for me because I want lots of seats and at least a 2500kg tow weight for our similarly sized boat trailer.

Such a shame....

Edited by PirateSyrett

Check if the 2,500 kg & then (2,000 kg) has anything to do with 5 or 7 seat.

This is what is in the Seat Brochures.

Front wheel drive 7 seat Seat Alhambra 2.0 TDI 150 ps (110kW) or 184 ps (135kW) Manual or DSG have a kerb weight of 1,845 - 1,882 kg

(permissible gross weights are 2,520-2,540 & 2,550 kg)

& get 'given' a Max towing weight of 2,400 kg with brake 8% (kg)

& 2,000 kg with brake 12% (kg)

Edited by Offski

@PirateSyrett,

OK, seems clear enough. I was quoting from the Press Release, still seems a little confusing to me. Maybe the devil will be in the detailed spec when it arrives.

@pmdc199,

trouble with a roof box is that cars I've towed with it the past reduce the nose weight by the same amount as the roof load.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT - updated version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzuN8YkhaIyZMkc4aFM3QmEyM3c

The specsheet/pricelist of the Kodiaq for the CZ market, translated to English. Not sure about the price discrepancy for the packages between the Packages section and the Packages part of the option list.

Roof box ?

Skoda will/does sell it as a genuine accessory according to the pricelist, #5L6071175A.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

EDIT - updated version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzuN8YkhaIyZMkc4aFM3QmEyM3c

The specsheet/pricelist of the Kodiaq for the CZ market, translated to English. Not sure about the price discrepancy for the packages between the Packages section and the Packages part of the option list.

Ooh thanks for this!

I know it's not final but the prices look similar to a similarly specced Tiguan. Hopefully the smaller offspring Yeti will be cheaper!