Flipping fed up now...

I may have mentioned my despair upon finding the Superb I sourced for the lad has features my own car does not have:-

Powered half leather seats

Amundson stereo unit

dipping interior mirror

darkened rear glass

sill protectors (front doors)

sliding cover for the cup holder

rear parking sensors

NOW i find its got leccy folding front door mirrors too.......

its his 24th birthday tomorrow, he can drive it from 00.01 03/09/2016 when his taxi insurance starts but its not plated yet, in for test monday at 9am

:devil: 

Edited by lichfielddriver
  • Like 1

can the manually operated folding mirrors be ignition controlled? i.e. ignition on or engine start/running they open and key out they fold?

Nope. That said, if you fold them when you lock the car  (by pressing the lock button on your key twice - dont use the interior switch), then when you next start the car they will fold out automatically. 

lichfielddriver, on 02 Sept 2016 - 18:24, said:lichfielddriver, on 02 Sept 2016 - 18:24, said:lichfielddriver, on 02 Sept 2016 - 18:24, said:

cant get it to do that............yet

Make sure the mirror control switch is in the "O" position.

Get out of the car. Use the fob to lock the car by pressing the lock button once.

Then keep the lock button on the fob pressed down until the mirrors fold in.

Unlock the car. Get in and turn on the ignition. Mirrors should fold out without you touching the control switch.

Edited by TheRobinK

can the manually operated folding mirrors be ignition controlled? i.e. ignition on or engine start/running they open and key out they fold?

No they can only be made to fold in on leaving the car if you hold the lock button for a couple of seconds when locking the car rather than just pressing and letting go. Once you unlock the car they stay folded until you turn on the ignition at which point they fold out. ;)

Pressing the lock button twice as mentioned above does something else..... which escapes me at present.

No they can only be made to fold in on leaving the car if you hold the lock button for a couple of seconds when locking the car rather than just pressing and letting go. Once you unlock the car they stay folded until you turn on the ignition at which point they fold out.

with the mirror button in what position??

thats as per window closing?

Edited by lichfielddriver

with the mirror button in what position??

thats as per window closing?

My mirror button is always in the 'L' position so as to have the passenger side mirror drop down when I put it in reverse. If you don't have this feature (Think you need electric seats for the dipping parking mirror) then just leave it in the 'O' position.

Yes as you say it is the same as the close windows process.... In fact if the windows are down it will put the windows up rather than folding the mirrors in as I have found myself a couple of times.

Pressing the lock button twice deactivates the deadlocks, i.e. the internal door handles can be used to open the doors.

That's the one.... It was on the tip of my tongue. :)

• Like 1

My mirror button is always in the 'L' position so as to have the passenger side mirror drop down when I put it in reverse. If you don't have this feature (Think you need electric seats for the dipping parking mirror) then just leave it in the 'O' position.

Bugger, its got dipping N/S mirror in reverse too...

It has got leccy/power seats

• Like 1

The folding of the mirrors on holding the lock button will work if the mirror switch is in position 'L', '0' or 'R' at least. I haven't checked it works in the heating position (I'd be surprised if it did). In the fold position, it's going to fold them anyway :D

If we keep going like this, highlighting all the excellent little party tricks on his sons car, dear lichfielddriver is going to burst a blood vessel or two me thinks......

:D

• Like 4

My seats can also move back to help access when I unlock the car  :sun: Will have to see if mine is an AMB, not heard of one of those before. 

In Ireland (at least since I was looking at Superbs)  there were 4 Superb II specification/trim levels. If you were unsure if a dealer was getting the car description right you could look for these codes in the front of the handbook for the car:

ACT = Active

AMB = Ambition

ELE = Elegance

L&K = L&K

The way I understood it, those are factory baseline specs to which Skoda national companies (Skoda UK / Skoda Ireland etc) could add "options" for their market. They could also call it a special edition ("Tour de France" or use a local model name like "SE + Executive"). I suspect a UK SE Plus Executive is probably an "ELE"..and a standard SE might be an "AMB" and Lichfielddrivers own car (the one minus his sons goodies!) is an "ACT"?

Edited by TheRobinK
  • Like 1

In Ireland (at least since I was looking at Superbs)  there were 4 Superb II specification/trim levels. If you were unsure if a dealer was getting the car description right you could look for these codes in the front of the handbook for the car:

ACT = Active

AMB = Ambition

ELE = Elegance

L&K = L&K

The way I understood it, those are factory baseline specs to which Skoda national companies (Skoda UK / Skoda Ireland etc) could add "options" for their market. They could also call it a special edition ("Tour de France" or use a local model name like "SE + Executive"). I suspect a UK SE Plus Executive is probably an "ELE"..and a standard SE might be an "AMB" and Lichfielddrivers own car (the one minus his sons goodies!) is an "ACT"?

Not ACT.....more SHED

lol