A few little things...

gr0m1t

Hey all,

So - I am loving my car... but I am missing a couple of things that I used to have on my old bora... namely automatic wipers and an auto dimming mirror...

Does anyone have any experience in fitting these if I were to get the parts? Or would it just be better all around to get the dealer to do it...

Also - I have noticed a couple of people on here talk about a big digital MPH display... is this a VDCS thing?

Many thanks all,

G.

What spec is your car? Do you have the sensor on the windscreen?

Auto dimming can be done as some have done it on here. I found a thread with all the part numbers in the other day. Might be worth a search.

VCDS is the new VAG-COM.

VCP is more recent so less people have it but it can do more than VCDS.

I believe dealers use ODIS which is different again.

Try to find a member close to you with both using this handy tool...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262215-list-of-vcds-owners-previously-known-as-vag-com/

Add your location to your member info, someone may be close to you with VCP. 

• Like 1

While my car was in at the dealer getting the rear balance sorted - I mentioned if they would be able to enable auto wipers on my car... and they said "sorry sir, that can't be done - it's not that easy"....

Hmmm

G.

Hey @Nathanio

Thanks for this!

I have a handy contact with VCDS - plugged in and scanned my car today, went into option 9 for the electrics and then into the RLS module (which I believe is the correct one) looked at the code helper and then unticked the box that said "rain sensor inactive" then tried to apply that... but I got error code 31...

Any ideas?

G.

Edited by gr0m1t

Hey @Nathanio

Thanks for this!

I have a handy contact with VCDS - plugged in and scanned my car today, went into option 9 for the electrics and then into the RLS module (which I believe is the correct one) looked at the code helper and then unticked the box that said "rain sensor inactive" then tried to apply that... but I got error code 31...

Any ideas?

G.

Did you follow Phil-E post in that linked topic?

Did you follow Phil-E post in that linked topic?

Yep! Think we have got to the bottom of it being a very slightly outdated version... Will try again when I get a chance to align with the lead and the laptop! I will update then!

Many thanks all,

G.

Hey all,

So; thanks to some VCDS use - I now have rain sensing wipers!! :) (Thanks very much A & R:))

Magic! 

Now for the auto dimming mirror....

G.

I wanted to add an auto dimming mirror to our 170 Elegance, but there's no power cable behind the mirror mount so it'd have to be added. Be interesting to see how this goes....