Best place for GTB1756 remap

mackempete

Hi folks,

I've been away from the forums for a while and in the meantime it seems faboka has stopped doing remaps so I'm having to ask this question :)

I've previously used a local firm (north east remaps) and been happy with their work, however they are quite conservative.

I'm hoping to get a popcorn limiter and launch control as part of the map.

Looking for someone in the north east or who does remote mapping like John used to.

Thanks

Pete

• Like 1

Can't see a lot of PD tuning on their site. Are they proven in the community?

Kris used to be the mapper (for a number of years) at the massive diesel 'tuners' in Yorkshire......................so yes, vast experience and most importantly attention to detail and customer service............i've had emails off him at 11pm before..........

+1 for Kris at Diesel Powered.

An absolute abundance of experience.

Top drawer customer service, constantly checking questioning every detail before remapping my car (next Saturday).

His methods seem to be very similar to Faboka's - road log, tweak and repeat until satisfied. Which if you ask me is a better method than putting it on a dyno then making do with the final result.

I hope you have a serious clutch fitted if you're wanting to launch start, that turbo is going to eat through anything standard very quickly once you try launching off it.

JRJG

Well if you think that North East Remaps's map was conservative, then go to Kris and say you want a brutal map to tear the asphalt off and he will do it. He writes his maps from scratch and not even using base map so anything you want can be done.

He will do the mapping remotely but at least in my case there was no extra charge when I came to him. He also can come to you but you have to pay extra for the distance he needs to travel. Needless to say, his prices are very reasonable. Speak to him, you won't be disappointed.

Yes, not sure why Faboka stopped. When he spoke it was always worth listening!

When mapping using a remote supplier, what is the preferred flashing software MPPS?

Probably because it was more trouble than it was worth with people blowing up high mileage and poorly maintained cars then blaming the mapper. Just a wild guess.