ParkPilot (occasional) problem

Hi guys!

Since retrofitting rearview camera I occasionaly get the "ParkPilot currently not available" error on my MIB2 Bolero unit. 

The error happens upon start of the car, but only (and still occasionally) if the car was left (and started) in reverse gear. After the error I get no camera or park-sensor screen on my MIB2, I only hear the parking sensors beeping.

To get the ParkPilot back on-line, I have two options:

1. Full restart of the car (ignition off, get out, lock the car, wait few seconds, ...)

2. Reset of the MIB2 unit (20 second press of on/off/volume button) and opening and closing of boot door!

- If I don't open and close boot doors and just reset MIB2, ParkPilot shows blank (black) screen on MIB2 - I get no camera...

Software version of my MIB2 unit is 0241.

Anybody got and idea what my be causing this? Could it just be MIB2 Bolero software bug, that causes ParkPilot to crash if camera feeds video-in to early upon start of the unit? 

Edited by milanj

I had this at first, after my retrofit. It turned out to be a dodgy power connection to the camera, hence no incoming feed.

I see you took power from the reverse light - maybe try changing to power supply from the rear wiper? Could the reverse light somehow be the issue when the car is left in reverse? 

Mine is DSG so I can't leave it in reverse. :) 

Actually my camera has 2 power connections. Permanent from rear wiper and switch-on from reverse light. I think VW introduced this to cameras due to modulating power on reverse lights.

I did however suspect power problem, re-done all connections using OEM connectors and set my reverse lights do 127 value to have stable power feed. No change.

No.

Park assist: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/parking-and-manoeuvring/park-assist

Park polot is a system, sensors, camera, to give driver better overview of space. Park assistant is more like an parking "auto-pilot"..

i

Is it that they are exactly the same but VW call it Park Pilot and Skoda call it Park assist ?

• Like 2

Just found a setting in VCDS, under 10 - Park Assist module > Coding, a setting to enable rear-view cam (RVC) (it's a drop down menu where you tell that RVC or environmental cam is or is not install in the back lid). I enabled it and after first few tests I didnt' get no Park Pilot errore. But since error showed only occasionally, I will need time to confirm this. I'll be intentionally leaving my car in reverse gear when parked for a few days...

Thinking... Coding for RVC is done in 5F-Information Elect. module. Maybe Park Assist module needs to be separately made aware of RVC, to properly handle video signal in different conditions. It's a long shot, but well see...

Edited by milanj

• 5 months later...

No. I even updated my Bolero to SW 252, where in release it is said it fixes some occasional problems with park pilot... Error still pops out few times / month.

My shows error "only" if I start the car, with gear in reverse... If I start the car in neutral or other gear and wait few seconds before I switch to reverse, error doesn't show. So I learned basically not to leave the car in reverse when parked, but rather in 1st gear.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...