Accident repair

I wouldn't take the fact theyre Skoda/VAG approved as a guarantee they'll do a good job.....

No, but it should mean that Skoda would be less likely to void a warranty claim on the grounds of a botched repair...

No, but it should mean that Skoda would be less likely to void a warranty claim on the grounds of a botched repair...

Why?  If it's botched it's botched.  Skoda have no control over their 'approved' bodyshops, i've been told so by SUK while i was having issues with one.....

• Like 1

^^ True, but the same could be said of any body shop. However, if later down the line there is a paint or corrosion issue and it's clear it's been repaired and not by an approved body shop it will be thrown out.

I guess the argument SUK is making is to do with a warranty fault, vs a low quality repair. The former being their issue, the latter being the bodyshops.

I'm no paint expert so I couldn't argue effectively about the difference between the two. But I'm sure there must be one.

It's a bit like if your cars in a garage for a service and they don't tighten up something, subsequently your engine breaks - It's the responsibility of the garage, not SUK.

Does any one know who skoda uses to do there body repairs in the newcastle area. I was involved in a small accident with minor bumper damage but i dont want to use the insurers bodyshop even if i have to pay an excess.

AFAIK the insurers can't insist on the choice of repairer, nor threaten any difference in the excess you pay if you choose elsewhere. They can be really awkward about it but that's all.

Does any one know who skoda uses to do there body repairs in the newcastle area. I was involved in a small accident with minor bumper damage but i dont want to use the insurers bodyshop even if i have to pay an excess.

I had a bump the other day and Skoda Ensurance have pointed me to Fenham Garage Services. I can't make any recommendations for/against just yet as guy's coming out tomorrow to assess the damage. The next nearest is Benfield (Lookers) bodyshop in North Shields.

See here for your nearest Skoda approved repairer,

Edited by xdq

AFAIK the insurers can't insist on the choice of repairer, nor threaten any difference in the excess you pay if you choose elsewhere. They can be really awkward about it but that's all.

Zurich charge an additional  £100 excess for using non-approved repairers (it's in the T&Cs) I've heard of other companies charging even more.

Zurich charge an additional  £100 excess for using non-approved repairers (it's in the T&Cs) I've heard of other companies charging even more.

That means it's a bad insurance policy then.

I wouldn't take one out that made me use a bad company or pay extra, then have them wash their hands if you do pay extra.