Carista?

DDixon

Boo, I want "tear wipe" on the front wipers of wife's Polo that has auto wipers, reason = my S4 and daughter's Ibiza has it, and the S4 has auto wipers - but different cars have different controllers I suppose, I'd be willing to bet that Ibizas with auto wipers come with "tear wipe!  Sometimes life is not fair!!

I wanted to turn on cornering fogs. But there is only the option to turn on the left one in the app?

I have to say, that while all these "tools" need and ask for support in "qualifying" all new options, I have found Carista to be a bit "light" in getting it right, both from my experience of it interpreting fault codes, and others experience of carrying out customising. Really as they are selling what is a relatively new product into the market place, they should be aiming to keep their "strike rate" up a lot higher. Their only savour is that VCDS has recently gone from being spot on to having to rush out next issues, then correct quickly.

I wanted to turn on cornering fogs. But there is only the option to turn on the left one in the app?

Just be careful with that I had that option on my fabia 2 and turned it on after a couple of hours I got bulbs warning lights coming up and the cornering didn't work at all.

Appearently there's some extra wiring that needs to be added (on the mk2 anyway) for them to work.

Don't see the Cornering Fogs at all on my App ... using latest beta 33005 (of version 3.3!)

Still stuff not working on the beta - looks like they're tweaking it all the time before rolling out public release. Looks like they're doing a lot of other models (apart from Polo/Fab/Ibiza) at the same time though.

See on the Octavia thread that someone (a car business) has cracked a Stop/Start mod on an Audi A6 (C7 model) - seems they have it memorising the last setting of the Stop-Start.  Say they'll release the coding in New Year. That should be the VCDS guys sorted then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHV5ncEMAU

• 1 year later...

For anyone that was having trouble with setting fogs as coming / leaving lights and having both fogs and low beam come on, I can confirm that this has been fixed in the latest beta. 

This is the reply I got and can confirm that it now works. 

“Hello, the new beta version is out. My colleague will promptly send you an invitation for it. When you have it on your phone, please enable coming come lights via fogs as you did before. Then, you will see two new customizations that you need to turn off:
-Left low beam as coming-home light
-Right low beam as coming-home light
I hope this will solve the issue that you had. Thank you!”

awesome customer support. 

Jason. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I got Carista today and on my 2018 UK Karoq Edition I have activated the gauge needle sweeps, audible beeps on locking/unlocking (both KESSY and keyfob), increased the coldness of the air conditioning (from 8.3º to 6.3º), deactivated the auto start/stop system, and enabled the showing of fan blower speed when Cimatronic on Auto. All tested and working fine. So far, so good!

Edited by FabFabFabia

18 hours ago, FabFabFabia said:

I got Carista today and on my 2018 UK Karoq Edition I have activated the gauge needle sweeps, audible beeps on locking/unlocking (both KESSY and keyfob), increased the coldness of the air conditioning (from 8.3º to 6.3º), deactivated the auto start/stop system, and enabled the showing of fan blower speed when Cimatronic on Auto. All tested and working fine. So far, so good!

Hmmm... I'm curious that you can change the temp on the AirCon as I find my Fabia's isn't cold enough. Might see if that option is on my Carista app this weekend.

7 hours ago, ncd said:

Hmmm... I'm curious that you can change the temp on the AirCon as I find my Fabia's isn't cold enough. Might see if that option is on my Carista app this weekend.

I'm surprised because the 2019 Fabia I drove recently had aircon temperature colder than my 2018 Karoq - even after the Carista mod I just did. The setting to look for (under Carista's "Heater & A/C" Menu) is "Temperature Adjustment For Hot Countries"

Edited by FabFabFabia
  • Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 19:19, FabFabFabia said:

I'm surprised because the 2019 Fabia I drove recently had aircon temperature colder than my 2018 Karoq - even after the Carista mod I just did. The setting to look for (under Carista's "Heater & A/C" Menu) is "Temperature Adjustment For Hot Countries"

Great, thanks for your help. :thumbup: