Aircon - how effective is it?

While I wait for my car to be build I was wondering how good the aircon is in the S3?

I've been in cars where you can get it like a fridge inside and others where you can only just about tell it has aircon.

Drove up to Nottingham in July when it was well over 30C, had the aircon set at 18C (all year around actually) and ventiltated seats on full, all the way, and stepped out into what felt like an oven 4 hours later, cool as I left home.

also.. on the climate you have the option to increase the auto fan speed, from in effect, low, medium and high.

I liked the different fan speed option (low/high) for the auto setting on the Mk 2 Superb, I thought my Mk 3 didn't have it......I know RTFM! which I will now go and do.

I liked the different fan speed option (low/high) for the auto setting on the Mk 2 Superb, I thought my Mk 3 didn't have it......I know RTFM! which I will now go and do.

Press the menu button on the climate control panel (centre button) then the options there.. top right corner.

While I wait for my car to be build I was wondering how good the aircon is in the S3?.

As thw others above have said, the aircon is well up to the task. What isn't are the leather seats.

They hold heat like cast iron, and it doesn't matter if the car is cool or not, I always get a sticky back. It is now that I wish I had specced the aircon seats. Bloody expensive but worth it if you have leather.

I don't ever remember my MK 2 Superbs Alcantara seats giving me a sticky back. Shame the Sportline wasn't out for me to order when I did.

I tested a Superb with leather seats when it was hot and ended up sweaty.

I have had a VW Bora for 12 years with leather and alcantara and another Bora before that, also with alacantara so specified it this time round. No problem at all and I know from past experience very comfy winter and summer. Cleaning them needs care but a slightly damp cloth usually does the trick. To be fair, I have no kids to mess them up!

It’s a big car so does take a while to bring the temperature down on a hot day (drive for a few hundred yards with all the windows open to shift most of the heat out of the cabin) once cooled down you cannot have it set to low and the fan on maximum all the time as it gets too cold (on a long journey) 

Yup, the ventilated seats are worth every penny and they look better!

+1 I will certainly spec them in future as well... they are really nice.

The air con is incredibly effective and fast to cool the cabin. The duel zone also works very well - I was sat in the drivers seat with it set to 18 and my good lady wife was sat at 22 and it really felt like a big temperature differential between each side of the car.

We have the car with Tropical climate control here in Taiwan (comes with a certificate from Skoda Czech) and when outside is 36 degrees, we are happy with 23 degrees setting inside. 

sometimes i put mine to 21 and wife goes for 25 and kids on back keep it at 22.5 degrees,  all 3 zones blow different temperature. very nice. 

We have the car with Tropical climate control here in Taiwan (comes with a certificate from Skoda Czech) and when outside is 36 degrees, we are happy with 23 degrees setting inside. 

sometimes i put mine to 21 and wife goes for 25 and kids on back keep it at 22.5 degrees,  all 3 zones blow different temperature. very nice.

Tropical climate control? Hmm... I wonder if that is fitted to Aus Spec cars too..

Tropical climate control? Hmm... I wonder if that is fitted to Aus Spec cars too..

I am Sorry, it should be Tropical Climate zone .  for Australia  should be same. dont you have tempertures going close to 45 degrees in summer?

I can take another look at the certificate later, i just put it away after the sales hand it over to me. 

Edited by Nazmi

I am Sorry, it should be Tropical Climate zone . for Australia should be same. dont you have tempertures going close to 45 degrees in summer?

I can take another look at the certificate later, i just put it away after the sales hand it over to me.

Yep, we top out at around 45. I have been reading this thread with a bit of amusement at 30° being referred to as oven like conditions lol. In fairness, they can probably laugh at me when I need heated seats during our winters which only get down to 2 or 3° at the coldest point. Right now we are in spring but we are currently experiencing heavy flooding so who knows what the summer will hold...