Octavia III Facelift

On 2/18/2018 at 10:37, ColinD said:

The octavia has since 2002 always to me looked like a saloon. I initially dismissed the non estate as I thought it was a saloon. When I had the superb twin boot I did actually use it as a saloon quite often.

Now I've seen a few more photos the FL is beginning to settle and well... it's not as bad as I once thought. So like with everything, eventually the flat world we live on will become round. Some nice pics, makes me think, maybe I won't get a van ;) Actually I wonder if because I'm been looking at vans so much I find the FL attractive now :D /ducks

ps lets drop the foul words, we can have opinions, but we can do so without resorting to asterisk, because otherwise the big guy will be along...27c6a109f8b4022cc5e33ec9c690b961.jpg

Agree with you about the language get plenty from my BMW 420 diesel driving neighbour without reading it online. Problem with opinions is that everyone's got one. Turns out my request from Skoda on number of 17 plate VRS245 was sent to the wrong e-mail address, someone will be very confused on 13/02/2018 but no-one at Skoda has any idea how many White/Red/Black/Grey VRS245 they sold between March and August last year.

17 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah I'd go with semi-auto so, 101 in total till the end of september

I reckon less than 10 in August. 

IIRC @themanwithnoaim ordered just about as early as you could and his arrived earlier than expected, just sneaking into August. Unless of course dealers were able to order earlier for demo cars perhaps? 

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

I reckon less than 10 in August. 

IIRC @themanwithnoaim ordered just about as early as you could and his arrived earlier than expected, just sneaking into August. Unless of course dealers were able to order earlier for demo cars perhaps? 

I'd reckon every dealer ordered a demo as soon as they could but, for a 17 plate which was the question, how many were registered in August ?

10 might be right however, for it to be used as a demo it would have needed to be registered with DVLA

54 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Thanks for the update as my VRS245 is manual must be one of 49 registered by end of September 2017. A rare beast as no aim says.

Could no aim confirm power and torque of your HiSpeed17 plate VRS245 remember seeing 290 bhp on a dyno reading but can't remember the torque either in lb/ft or nm, thanks just curious. Also any other 17 plate VRS245 owners would love to hear when your var registered realised previously stated mine was registered on 14th August 2017 when it was actually 17th August 2017. Current mileage stands at 6536 miles.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

330ftlbs of torque but, revisions have been made since so, probably needs another run on the rolling road is required.

Thanks for that about 450nm then, will let you know what my re-map on March 12th gives with standard exhaust, air filter , turbo, plugs etc. Anyone running VRS220 on Shell V Power can achieve 230bhp, VRS230 about 240bhp and expecting my car to show about 255bhp before re-map based previous experience with Amd and my 2003 Leon Cupra 1.8t which went from 190bhp to 230bhp just on Shell V Power.

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Never had a problem after 5 previous re-maps will post before and after rolling road graphs.

We've had 5 2.0 TFSi / 2.0 TSi remaps from AMD, still own 2 of the cars of which the Superb has been with us the longest.

That was mapped back in March/April 2013, zero problems & a round-trip from darkest Essex to Southampton managed 38.2 mpg, at 

sensible cruising speeds. (Too many cameras on the southern section of the M25......)

We've not bothered with SWMBO's R estate but if I can find a decent vRS 245 I think that AMD will be revisited ASAP.

DC  

3 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

No

Really? Is there anything to talk about the FL anymore? Really old news.

I'm not saying close the thread just let it drift into oblivion like it should. Unless of course we keep posting on it...

Edited by juan27

2 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

It is still the most current car, only Petrol vRS Models are no longer available to order - still 80% of the model range to go at.

I think @juan27's point is that if this thread was to discuss rumours, news and reactions to the facelift then it's probably run its course as a pinned topic now there's a plethora of other topics discussion individual subjects on the facelift. I'd tend to agree.

• Like 1

As @uchuff said, that's it in a nutshell.  Unpin.

If you've a specific question or point about the now fully established FL start a new thread or contribute to an existing specific thread so info can be easily found by others searching.  

(And I can't believe the petrol VRS availability thing has made it into this debate so quickly, roll on the Geneva show next week so we can put all that to rest....hopefully)

Edited by juan27