EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

7 minutes ago, essexalan said:

There's one for JLR https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/grant-jaguar-land-rovers-slovakian-13124138 easy peasy. SOP for the EU.  Check a bit further and you will find how little they are paying the workers.

The first sentence of that article shoots your statement down in flames.

The European Commission has launched an investigation into plans by the Slovakian government to grant £108 million to Jaguar Land Rover in support of its new car factory in the country.

Margrethe Vestager, the EU Commissioner in charge of competition policy, said: “It is a good thing if public investment fosters economic growth in member states.

“However, we need to avoid harmful subsidy races between member states.

“The Commission will carefully investigate if Slovakia’s planned support is really necessary for Jaguar Land Rover to locate its investment in Nitra and is kept to the minimum needed, if it distorts competition or harms cohesion in the EU.”

^^^^ GOOD THING FROM THE EU

3 minutes ago, essexalan said:

Signed, sealed and delivered, no fault found. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-6023_en.htm

So SLOVAKIA gave the aid and the EU said it was OK? Is that right?
So the funding was from an individual country and not the EU?
Just let's be clear.
If, for instance, BMW, aided with German funding, helped set up a Mini plant in the UK that'd be OK with you?

13 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

I did the other day. Thought I linked it hear but perhaps not.
Nice article (depending on your point of view).

I don’t think a point of view is going to avoid the impending disaster Lee.

3 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Go get help, you need it. 

The argument of a loser. 'You lost, get over it' or multiple variations thereof. 
Go walk your dog and pray it can can get its medication and food if there's a no deal crash out.
I wish your dog well, as I've said. You, not so much. :) 

As a net beneficiary member of the EU where do you think Slovakia actually got the money from?

If BMW using EU whoops sorry German funds had set up plans for expanded production of the  Mini in the UK then that would have made me feel all warm and cozy.

2 minutes ago, essexalan said:

As a net beneficiary member of the EU where do you think Slovakia actually got the money from?

If BMW using EU whoops sorry German funds had set up plans for expanded production of the  Mini in the UK then that would have made me feel all warm and cozy.

Ask Slovakia! Maybe from JLR. In which case ask JLR why they're making a business decision as a global business with business interests and shareholders of said business interest to protect.
FFS you people really don't ****ing get international business do you? 
As for your second comment, double ****ing standards. 

4 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

The argument of a loser. 'You lost, get over it' or multiple variations thereof. 
Go walk your dog and pray it can can get its medication and food if there's a no deal crash out.
I wish your dog well, as I've said. You, not so much. :) 

Love you too. Hope your Alzheimer’s isn’t too much of a hindrance to your wife. 

24 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

I did the other day. Thought I linked it hear but perhaps not.
Nice article (depending on your point of view).

I don’t think a point of view is going to avoid the impending disaster Lee.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee01 said:

Nah, not at all. It's like I get to shag a different woman every day :)

But then she tells you just had a shag and you’re none the wiser :biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

The true losers are the young.

...... But in 20 years time all manual jobs will be done by robots......or so the 'experts' tell us. 

6 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Ask Slovakia! Maybe from JLR. In which case ask JLR why they're making a business decision as a global business with business interests and shareholders of said business interest to protect.
FFS you people really don't ****ing get international business do you? 
As for your second comment, double ****ing standards. 

Nope JLR put up the rest of the construction costs. Don't profess to understand international business but I do know when somebody is sticking a baseball bat up where the Sun don't shine.

Do not dare to lecture me on double standards.

2 minutes ago, essexalan said:

Nope JLR put up the rest of the construction costs. Don't profess to understand international business but I do know when somebody is sticking a baseball bat up where the Sun don't shine.

Do not dare to lecture me on double standards.

So you openly admit it wasn't EU funding then? Right. Glad we cleared that one up :thumbup:
Next point;

How is that not double standards? 
Not a lecture (if you ask politely I'll define 'lecture' to you) :) 

8 hours ago, moley said:

If that is the case then article 50 should have read 'when leaving the EU you leave immediately with no deal or you leave on our terms that will not be for negotiation' 

So the Union should have instituted a policy to enable and encourage the easy breakup of the Union.

It’s probably true that the Union isn’t particularly keen on self destruction.

What is so special about Britain in any case?.

25 minutes ago, moley said:

...... But in 20 years time all manual jobs will be done by robots......or so the 'experts' tell us. 

........in England........the Kingdom of England.

The United bit in UK will be history.

Edited by Ryeman