Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

I find my stock 280 SportLine plenty scary hitting the loud pedal. This thing is just brilliant and terrifying in equal measure - hats off to you sir, its a masterpiece of understatement :)

• Like 1

On 16/08/2018 at 17:04, superbtte said:

Everyone meet "Adarth". Started this a few months ago. Part of the "too many cars" comment and the "strong suggestion" by the OH to sell Darth.

https://www.instagram.com/adarth595

Adarth before and after~2.jpg

Mite definitely the right shape from behind...even more so if the exhausts were more visibly shiny! :D

I will "hate" this ADARTH. :)

Because of it, you sell the Superb.... I hate it.

Just joking. :)

Still, I am sad to see that you give up this project. On the other hand, maybe there is not much more that you can do to the Superb.

Edited by U241170

5 minutes ago, U241170 said:

I will "hate" this ADARTH. :)

Because of it, you sell the Superb.... I hate it.

Just joking. :)

Still, I am sad to see that you give up this project. On the other hand, maybe there is not much more that you can do to the Superb.

Darth and Adarth were supposed to coexist, the 595 was not a replacement but a complimentary vehicle, being so different to the Superb. Circumstances made it imperative for me to sell one of the two and the Superb is the one that costs more to run and will return more cash for the house extension so it, regrettably, has to go... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Any chance you could hang onto Darth until my Lottery Numbers come up, I could give you a holding deposit. A tenner should cover it.     :nod:

I am hanging onto it until my lottery numbers come up :D

I also accept part exchanges :)

Edited by superbtte

On 18/08/2018 at 11:03, Monte_Mart said:

Saw this 500 parked up outside work yesterday well and truly slammed 

DSC_5392.JPG

I’ve seen that a couple of times, kinda like it

Did you have any issues with DCC and the lowering springs? I've got the sportline sedan (so another 10-15mm lower than standard) and was looking at H&R or Eibach springs but I guess it will only drop it another 15mm or so. Apparently the Passat B8 springs are compatible as well. 

3 hours ago, dfirman said:

Did you have any issues with DCC and the lowering springs? I've got the sportline sedan (so another 10-15mm lower than standard) and was looking at H&R or Eibach springs but I guess it will only drop it another 15mm or so. Apparently the Passat B8 springs are compatible as well. 

Hi, 

No issues with DCC and lowering at all.