Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

1 minute ago, superbtte said:

Not VIM (video in motion) but MIM (mirrorlink in motion). This allows phone apps to run (such as torque) but not video (oem DVD or TV)  which is not legal. 

Thanks, didn't realise there was options. Was it done with VCP or OBDeleven?

On 29/12/2017 at 19:03, superbtte said:
Updated list of modifications:

SUMMER WHEELS: Team Dynamic ProRace 1.2 Silver 17x7 (Toyo R888R 225 45 17 94W) 

WINTER WHEELS: Rim RIAL Kodiak polarsilber 7.5 x 17 (Goodyear Ultragrip Performance Gen-1 XL 215/55 R17 98 V) 

Ecotune ECU map / APR TCU map / APR DQ250 clutch pack

Autotech Uprated fuel pump / 4 Bar Map Sensor / NGK R7437-9 IRIDIUM Spark Plugs / 06J905110K Coils / ExideStart/Stop AGM Battery 096AGM 70ah 760amps)

Turbo Technics v4 Hybrid Turbo and DV+ dump valve / APR Boost Tap / RacingLine Oil Catch Tank & Management system

Wagner Intercooler / Custom WMI kit (Burger tuning_Devil's own) / Cooling Mist water meth controller 1-100psi / CTS Metal throttle pipe

Eibach 30mm lowering springs / Eibach anti-roll bars (front & rear) e40-85-042-02-11 / SuperPro Engine, Gearbox & Dogbone mounts

Tarox F2000 disks front and rear / BMC pads front / Pagit pads rear / RacingLine brake lines front / 11mm spacers for all 4 wheels

BCS (Powervalve) Downpipe with RS fabrications de-cat pipe/ RS Fabrications Custom cat-back exhaust / Milltek carbon exhaust tips 90mm / VWR Air Intake / Turbo technics large bore intake hose and bell mouth

Boot sill protector / Rear tunnel protector / Sound deadening / Tablet holder middle armrest & headrests / Alcantara flat bottom steering wheel / Cargo basket & bag.

Tinted windows / Wind deflectors / Lower engine cover / Passat Jet sprinklers / Front & Rear Black Badges / TDI and Greenline badges / Black Skoda emblem / Sportline side badges / Removable license plate holders (incl. a spare set)

Black mirror covers /Black front grille & radar cover / Black door surrounds / Headlights eyebrows / Rear wiper delete / Rear bumper DTM center diffusor / Rhino lip front bumper / Side strips / Boot spoiler

VCDS adaptations:

1. Traffic sign recognition
2. Light assist
3. Lane assist
4. Fan speed display in AUTO mode
5. Refuel quantity in the maxidot
6. Parking lights (sidelights, rear lights, number plate lights and dash illumination)
7. DRLs in menu
8. Fan (blower) speed display in AUTO mode
9. Driving mode display on maxidot
10. Customised colour of ambient lighting
11. OFF ROAD display
12. EPC SPORT / EPC off
13. Cornering lights threshold 60km/h (up from 40km/h)
14. Eyelashes always on
15. No tone when ignition on and drivers door is open
16. Starting vibration reduction off
17. Haldex wiring logic Increased Traction
18. XDS (eXtended Differential lock)

Do you ever use Eco mode ?    :mmm:

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, superbtte said:

Map has been tweaked with the Turbo Technics V4 and is now running at 2.3 bar.

Battery has been replaced with an even larger one (Duracell 80ah, 800amps) and the battery tray modified accordingly, tight fit!

JB4 removed and a dedicated water meth controller installed with digital controls/boost gauge.

Next step possibly a v5 or v6.

IMG_20180112_091245.jpg

Duracell battery.jpg

I'm confuzzled, are their any V5 or V6 engines that could fit into the engine bay, or are you referring to software versions?

1 minute ago, old newbie2 said:

I'm confuzzled, are their any V5 or V6 engines that could fit into the engine bay, or are you referring to software versions?

I am sorry for the confusion! I mention the turbo technics V4 (version 4) hybrid turbo in my post. V5 and V6 are larger and more powerful versions of that turbo that should be released in the future. 

3 minutes ago, superbtte said:

I am sorry for the confusion! I mention the turbo technics V4 (version 4) hybrid turbo in my post. V5 and V6 are larger and more powerful versions of that turbo that should be released in the future. 

Thanks, I'm just suffering from brain fade & old age.........

The beast would probably sound nice nicer with a turbo V6 (Ford Taurus SHO lump perhaps?),  but what you've done with the humble 2.0 litre I4 is most impressive & it's still a Skoda. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick 0-60 test today. 

Winter tyres, full weight, slight slope and plenty of wheel spin so very promising for a very low 3 seconds with proper tyres and good tarmac (under 1 seconds for 0-20mph is easily achievable with good grip)

30-50mph in under 0.92 seconds is very fast based on my previous tests which shows that the car now has a lot of potential with the new turbo.

0-60 3.6S.jpg

Edited by superbtte
  • Like 4

bonkers! 

...will you break the 180 top end do you think or are you limited by gearing?

you need to change the title of this thread....

"Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – Zero to twelve penalty points"

Edited by JohnnyType2

14 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

bonkers! 

...will you break the 180 top end do you think or are you limited by gearing?

Easily, had much more in it, power and gearing wise, I just run out of space, track straight was not much longer than 1 mile. Close to 200 should be, just, possible as I had another 1000rpm approximately. According to my rough calculations 7100 rpm (limiter) should be good for around 205mph. Not that I am doing that any time soon :)

>> you need to change the title of this thread....

>> "Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – Zero to twelve penalty points"

BTW I do not have a death wish (for me or anyone else), the 177mph was at the vmax200 event in Bruntingthorpe

Edited by superbtte
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...