Columbus mib1 0409 firmware

Aes3

Yeah I updated from Sd card. Also had the same problem, tried the software update and it didn't find it. Found a YouTube video of a bolero or amundsen being updated and they suggested to hold the menu button! Glad you sorted it.

32 minutes ago, safire said:

Can you tell me if its multilanguage version ? if Czech language is there, and did you get any errors that needed to be coded via vcds ?

An educated guess suggests so; The metadata file says its for Europe, and the TTS folders for speech contain a CZ female voice files. I haven't seen any errors; I had 8 modules update and all updated successfully. I haven't done a VCDS scan though to confirm there's nothing logged in there.

3 minutes ago, StuFan said:

Whats the risk of this bricking the unit, I want to do this to my MIB1 Columbus, but its OOW, and would worry about bricking it. 

As this is a firmware update, there is a possibility, but on the balance of probability I'd say it's quite low. You'd need the update to fail part way through, or lose power, or have it interrupted in some way. I haven't seen any posts from anyone asking for help with a bricked unit from firmware update, but you have to accept it *could* happen. If you aren't that comfortable with that, and haven't seen any issues with your Columbus, I'd say not to do the update. 

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 21:21, Rustynuts said:

Different part numbers for a start, if you have a vcds scan log it should show the part number. Also, the date the car was made will give you a good idea. 2013 onwards was MIB1, and MIB2 came in maybe 2015 - 2016.

Ok, please  can we have some further clarification on what distinguishes MIB1 from MIB2?  I've got Canton, the DVD drive is in the glove box, and my car was built late June 2016, so I'm guessing it's more likely to be an MIB2, but is there any non-VCDS way to confirm this?  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, TechyDonkey said:

Ok, please  can we have some further clarification on what distinguishes MIB1 from MIB2?  I've got Canton, the DVD drive is in the glove box, and my car was built late June 2016, so I'm guessing it's more likely to be an MIB2, but is there any non-VCDS way to confirm this?  Thanks!

Almost certainly MIB2 as I believe the switch over was late 2015 with the MY2016. Do you have smartgate or mirrorlink? They weren't available on MIB1

16 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Almost certainly MIB2 as I believe the switch over was late 2015 with the MY2016. Do you have smartgate or mirrorlink? They weren't available on MIB1

Yup, I've got Smartlink, although it's by far my least used option that I could well do without - in hind sight I really wouldn't have bothered with it. :dry:

3 hours ago, safire said:

If you update it i would like to ask you if you can check in a language change menu, if its multilanguage version, and if you got some errors that needs to be coded via vcds. THANKS !

It now flags up an error code " Check Software Version Management " which cannot be cleared. There'll be a way of doing so but I've not found it on the quick google I just did.

Hmm, thats interesting, are you getting that error everytime when you turn on the ignition  ? ahenners didnt get any errors. Im vorried now, if upgrade or not :D i dont have acess to vcds cable right now.

Ah okay thanks, i have found something on other forums maybe that would help.

http://audienthusiasts.com/Application_SVMError.html

Its for audi tho.

E : some info on ross-tech http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?3998-Does-VAG-recognize-VCDS-as-diagnostics-tool/page2

Edited by safire

Yeah i edited that link up there too :) good luck, let me know if you manage to remove that error.

Btw any canton improvement ? Going to update my columbus and will go for a test ride later this evening.

Edited by safire

Guys, this is how you clear the software version error with VCDS:

5F module

Adaptations

Channel 'Confirmation of installation change'

Note your current code (different in every vehicle!)

Calculate your new code and enter it on the channel

Don't be surprised: the adaptation channel will change back to the original coding, this is normal!

Calculation (use Windows Calculator in 'Programmer' mode and select 'HEX'):

'original code' Xor C9D2 = (your new code)

Note the following:

VCDS use 'xx xx' format, but you have to use 'XXXX' format for calculation.

If your original code starts with zero just remove it before calculating.

If your new code is less than 4 characters insert zero(s) in the beginning.

Calculation example (just C9D2 is fix here!):

Original code: 1a 1a

Conversion: 1a 1a -> 1A1A

Calculation: 1A1A Xor C9D2 = D3C8

Conversion: D3C8 -> d3 c8

The above calculation method is from the Skoda update document and it works. :)

Edited by aki78
  • Like 2

Okay so i updated it. AMP11_APN was skipped too. What was updated was MMX1,IOC,TUNER,RCC,SPEECHAPPRES,SPEECHRES,MUTNREF,MUCCONSISTENCY. Dont know what all of that that means.

As regards the canton i didnt catch any changes. Ive got some problems before with resonating while on high volume on some songs and i think its gone now (Ive had external amp and a bigger woofer in a trunk so maybe that was causing the problem ?)

Whats bothering me, when i came home i turned off the engine, closed the door, locked the car and columbus display backlight was still illuminationg for maybe 20seconds, there was nothing on a display just backlight was still on and i dont know why, happened me maybe 3 times so far, hope it will go away. It has nothing to do with coming home and iddle clock function cuz i disabled it and it was illuminating again

Edited by safire

23 hours ago, aki78 said:

Guys, this is how you clear the software version error with VCDS:

5F module

Adaptations

Channel 'Confirmation of installation change'

Note your current code (different in every vehicle!)

Calculate your new code and enter it on the channel

Don't be surprised: the adaptation channel will change back to the original coding, this is normal!

Calculation (use Windows Calculator in 'Programmer' mode and select 'HEX'):

'original code' Xor C9D2 = (your new code)

Note the following:

VCDS use 'xx xx' format, but you have to use 'XXXX' format for calculation.

If your original code starts with zero just remove it before calculating.

If your new code is less than 4 characters insert zero(s) in the beginning.

Calculation example (just C9D2 is fix here!):

Original code: 1a 1a

Conversion: 1a 1a -> 1A1A

Calculation: 1A1A Xor C9D2 = D3C8

Conversion: D3C8 -> d3 c8

The above calculation method is from the Skoda update document and it works. :)

Thanks for the explanation @aki78  Just did a scan and had the error. Cleared the code, entered the new calculated code which reverted back but error has not come back.

1 hour ago, safire said:

hm thats really interesting i wonder what cause it

Do you have the "remember your mobile phone" message enabled? I do, so this stays on for 10 secs or so after I leave the car before the screen goes off completely. I wonder if you have disabled it whether the backlight stays on but the message doesn't display? Could be completely wrong, but just a thought

• 3 weeks later...