Columbus mib1 0409 firmware

Aes3

4 hours ago, chant said:

logiclee,

you mean first to download skoda411.rar and after that will be possible to make un update from https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-gb/Updates ?

No, Download skoda411.rar. It's a compressed file so extract it onto a freshly formatted SD card.

Put that card in slot 1.

Press Menu for a few seconds then select the update option.

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, 

I have this old hardware and firmware :) Columbus+Canton June 2013 03

I need to update, right?

Any known issues with updating ?

How long it takes to update?

skoda411.zip is the right file for my unit?

20180602_084613.jpg

Edited by mecatalin

My car is also June 2013 with a MIB1 Columbus. Mine originally had very old firmware, similar to yours, and I have successfully updated it to 0411. It is easy to do, doesn't take very long. Confusingly, on your screen shot where it says Software: 0111, that is the firmware version. Where it says Update Software, it means update the map version, quite different. To update the firmware you have to press and hold the Menu button, bottom right, to get to another menu where you can update the firmware.

• Thanks 1

I know maps and firmware are handled separatelly.

Maps- skoda portal

Firmware- dealer or DIY with zip from this forum. 

Thanks!

Later edit: 

Update done!

It took 40 mins.

I can mention it skipped the Alpine amp part. 

11 modules were changed.

20180604_180534.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've watched a Youtube video of someone updating the firmware on their Amundsen-Bolero, and they said that they had to do the following after the update process had finished;

"Version back documentation" screen appears (final step), this is the moment to connect your VCDS cable

12) Go to module 5F, Adaptations, and select channel "Confirmation of installation change"

13) Check your current "Stored value" and write it down

14) Start Windows Calculator and set it to "Programming" mode (Alt+3)

15) Calculate the following: abcd Xor C9D2 (abcd is your "Stored value", C9D2 is fix). Double check it. :)

16) Enter your new value (in "xx xx" format, using a space character) and click "Do It!" (you may get an "Unknown (0x00)" error, no problem)

17) Your headunit should restart automatically in a few secs.

18) Once your HU works again, turn ignition OFF.

19) Ignition ON again and start VCDS again

20) Start an Autoscan and check for fault codes on different modules (09, 17, 19, 5F, ...) and clear them

21) You are done

Is the above the same case with the Columbis mib1 does anyone know? Also, how long does the firmware update take (roughly speaking)?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I retrofitted columbus mib 2 from Skoda Octavia MY2017 to my superb.

The MIB 2 unit has FW 0933 (only Octavia support) and needs to be updated to latest FW(for superb).

Is there any place here to get FW?

columb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am at a loss of how to fix my issues of no sound, i can work around by going into the service menu and fake updating and sound comes back. I tried downloading 0411 firmware but says it is a mismatch for me and wont update. 

I have searched high and low to try and work this one out, below is the details of my unit, 

Device part number: 5E0035045B

Hardware: H42

Software: 0293

Any help getting a firmware that will work with this and try and fix my sound issues would be greatly appreciated :)

On 14/12/2018 at 05:31, Chinny26 said:

I am at a loss of how to fix my issues of no sound, i can work around by going into the service menu and fake updating and sound comes back. I tried downloading 0411 firmware but says it is a mismatch for me and wont update. 

I have searched high and low to try and work this one out, below is the details of my unit, 

Device part number: 5E0035045B

Hardware: H42

Software: 0293

Any help getting a firmware that will work with this and try and fix my sound issues would be greatly appreciated :)

You have columbus mib1 and you need to install the firmware 0411 .

Edited by anders55

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
14 hours ago, Misko1987 said:

and to me 

email:

and what is benefit of newest firmware?

19 hours ago, source said:

Hi is it possible to send me newest firmware (0411) for columbus MIB1 ? 

you can send it on my email: f

Thank you guys

Word of advice, it's not good practice to put any personal details on a public forum! i would get your email details deleted and pm people directly.